Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:04:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beth Moore: Letter to my brothers  (Read 6282 times)
freisetzen
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« on: May 05, 2018, 07:30:24 pm »

Beth Moore wrote this article on Friday. I felt that it adresses things that have plagued GCx churches for a long time. The issues over why women should’nt lead in the church except for other women amd children have always landed here with answers that are unsatisfactory to me; especially after doing research myself. Mrs. Moore politely but honestly puts her story out there as a woman in leadership over thousands and what she experienced. Read it to your benefit.

A Letter to My Brothers https://blog.lproof.org/2018/05/a-letter-to-my-brothers.html
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 07:42:05 am »

Thanks for sharing, I appreciated her letter. 

I thought I would share this response from The Gospel Coalition, even though I am not a fan of theirs.  I do not share the complementarian view of women in ministry (disclaimer), but this is from a complementarian in that system who does a good job of recognizing the subtle acts of sexism and mysogyny within the church at large.  I appreciate his willingness to confess, acknowledge the impact his actions have on others, ask for forgiveness, and accept the consequences of his sin (it might disqualify a relationship).  Now we need to see a turning away or repentance from his sin with his future actions, but at least this is a good start.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/thabiti-anyabwile/apology-beth-moore-sisters/
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 12:08:30 pm »

Thank you for sharing both of those significant letters above, Freisetzen and RebelInaGoodWay.

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
freisetzen
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 07:21:53 am »

You're welcome. I really enjoyed the response by Mr. Anyabwile; he didn't have to do that or be so vulnerable and yet he did. No one pointed fingers at him and accused him of anything, but he stood up and took responsibility for what the Spirit said in his conscience. That took guts and humility.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: