Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:02:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: face to face encounter  (Read 776 times)
WoodBern82
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« on: July 01, 2022, 05:34:56 am »

Yesterday I was out with a group of men enjoying the summer doing a recreational pursuit (I am leaving that out to remain anonymous) and to my discovery was chatting with another member of this forum who said he read and commented on the forum.  We had a great discussion about Evergreen and the new Home Town church and it really was an insightful connection.  So my only question is .... has there ever been any connection among forum members for a face to face encounter of any sort?  I suppose that is tricky with the anonymity that many would prefer.  What seemed so different is to have a face to face dialogue vs the forum here.  It is such a different dynamic and I felt it was so awesome to hear another validate my perspective on a church dynamic.  I was unaware this other individual utilized this forum even though we have talked in the past about GCM and Evergreen. 
Huldah
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 04:19:54 pm »

How cool that you were able to connect in person! I've never met another forum member in person, although a couple of people I've "met" here are now my Facebook friends,.
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 08:10:55 pm »

WoodBern82, I can imagine just how consoling and encouraging that was! I don’t think that has happened to me in person. But, when a few anonymous posters private messaged me through this forum to agree and reveal their identity I was thrilled to hear from those I knew in our common GCx Church.

I wondered before if it would be beneficial to hold a “Healing” conference for EX-GCx members to have speakers with significant expertise in spiritual abuse, and who could also facilitate group discussions broken out by state perhaps.

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: