Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:54:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't understand this website  (Read 104892 times)
ATerry
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« on: March 22, 2018, 08:29:07 pm »

I truly don't understand this website. How can anyone possibly move on or heal from anything when constantly bitching to eachother?
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:49:01 pm »

This site works very well when the users post according to the rules.  Rule #1 asks that posters not use profanity.  You will notice that almost all people in the past have used symbols to represent words that fall under that category.  This is much less assaulting, and others are more apt to take the post seriously.  Here is the official number one rule below:

1. Be civil. It's okay to be open about your feelings and experiences, but name calling, profanity, and obscenity are not appropriate. Keep in mind that current GC'ers read this site, and acting inappropriately reflects badly on the rest of the people posting here.

The rest of the rules can be found through this link:

http://forum.gcmwarning.com/announcements-feedback-technical-support/forum-rules/

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:55:08 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 08:55:53 pm »

Frankly, you don't get to decide what is helpful in other people's healing process. If it seemed like you were genuinely trying to understand I wouldn't be as harsh.

This group, and the people on it, have been used by God to help me heal in ways I can't fully express. Their thoughts and responses to my posts and questions have been insightful, informative, challenging, and encouraging. I want to say thank you for the time and effort given over the years by everyone like Linda, Agatha, Janet, and many others.

ATerry: I truly hope you never need to understand why that a group like this would be needed for healing.
ATerry

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:57:45 pm »

Also, to the moderator of this site. I would love to post a pic of myself so I am not anonymous, but am not able to... thoughts?
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 09:02:09 pm »

Roll Eyes
ATerry

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 09:06:00 pm »

@araignee , did I do something wrong?
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 09:09:49 pm »

Just getting tired of the constant enphasis on not being anonymous. Sorry.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 09:12:32 pm »

ATerry, in order to join this site, you had to check the box agreeing to abide by the rules, including the rule not to use profanity. You violated that rule in your very first post.
Differentstrokes
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 09:16:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure no one asked you to come here and understand it... I've found a lot of comfort and healing here, even just from knowing there are others like me out there. I guess that's why so many support groups exist for different things...
ATerry

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 09:17:13 pm »

Oh good grief, I'm such a sinner
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 09:20:45 pm »

ATerry, did you just happen across this website by accident and decide to join, or are you part of the crowd from Evergreen who've come here to take over and (by their own admission) disrupt this forum?
JessicaNoelDarling
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 09:22:10 pm »

Oh good grief, I'm such a sinner

Welcome to this forum ATerry!
Linda

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 09:22:49 pm »

Quote from: araignee19
ATerry: I truly hope you never need to understand why that a group like this would be needed for healing.

My thoughts exactly.

ATerry, it could be that you can’t understand this site because it is not for you. It’s for people who have been harmed by GCC theology and practice. If you were in that group, you would understand.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
ATerry

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 09:37:54 pm »

Ha! This forum is hypocrisy at its best in my humble opinion...I have been scorned by many at past churches, including a youth pastor hitting on me. I’ve been part of churches that teach falsehoods...I don’t see the point in dwelling in the negativity so much it consumes us.
Wrestling
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 09:46:17 pm »

Ha! This forum is hypocrisy at its best in my humble opinion...I have been scorned by many at past churches, including a youth pastor hitting on me. I’ve been part of churches that teach falsehoods...I don’t see the point in dwelling in the negativity so much it consumes us.

What kind of tone and language would Jesus use if he found this forum? Personally, I don't think it would be shame or mockery.

I think it's kind of odd that people post here for so long and dwell on some of the past, but perhaps I don't know their stories as well as I think I do.

I think it's deplorable that people from the place they claim hurt them are ruthless towards them here.

I'm just an observer with ties to all sides.

I don't know who to trust except Jesus. Tis so sweet.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 09:50:02 pm »

I have been scorned by many at past churches, including a youth pastor hitting on me.
Was anything ever done to rectify this? Was the youth pastor disciplined?
G_Prince

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 09:51:10 pm »

Also, to the moderator of this site. I would love to post a pic of myself so I am not anonymous, but am not able to... thoughts?

Only people with fabulous hair get to have photos.

Here's an easy way to find out if you're in a cult. If you find yourself asking the question, "am I in a cult?" the answer is yes. -Stephen Colbert
ATerry

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 09:59:08 pm »

Huldah, maybe? He’ll be answering to God
JessicaNoelDarling
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 10:05:34 pm »

What kind of tone and language would Jesus use if he found this forum? Personally, I don't think it would be shame or mockery.

I think it's kind of odd that people post here for so long and dwell on some of the past, but perhaps I don't know their stories as well as I think I do.

I think it's deplorable that people from the place they claim hurt them are ruthless towards them here.

So, sharing truth is ruthless? Have you read any of my posts? I have really tried to be respectful.
Wrestling
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 10:14:06 pm »

So, sharing truth is ruthless? Have you read any of my posts? I have really tried to be respectful.

You are right, you have been civil. I should not have generalized. I am sorry and I understand your desire to defend your dad. To be clear I am referencing the shame and mockery that people are getting simply for having posted here about GCC in general (not specifically about Mark Darling).

I also should not have used the word "deplorable" as it is hypocritical and just a way for me to throw shame around. What I should have said was, "It makes me really sad that some people from the place they claim hurt them are ruthless to them here."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:17:10 pm by Wrestling » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: