Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:40:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeromy Darling -- a Catholic staff member  (Read 2127 times)
blonde
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: September 07, 2021, 11:07:42 am »

see this: https://stmaxkolbechurch.org/Our-Parish/Parish-Staff

I'd never guess the dysfunctional Jeromy Darling would end up in that spiritual space. He's like the third or fourth row down.

Out in Delano, Minnesota is the church.

-Blonde

We must become the change we want to see.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 04:41:10 pm »

I'm not too surprised. This seems similar to the sort of role he played at ECC. It's natural that he would gravitate to something similar.

I genuinely hope he finds some kind of peace in his new surroundings, if only for his kids' sake.
Linda

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 08:39:55 am »

At the 15 minute mark he explains how the situation with his dad led him to the Catholic church. He still is in attack mode. He recently spoke at the Chesterton Society National Conference. Same story. I don't think there is a link to that talk, but we were able to listen because Terry has been a member of the Chesterton Society for many years and membership allowed us to listen to the speakers.

https://youtu.be/2BLxW8P1NWA

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 06:47:58 am »

Linda, that was tough to listen to. He completely left out all the other women who came forward. He also claimed that the accusations came out of the blue, even though Suzanne had originally gone to the board years before she went on Twitter. Apparently no one at his new church cared to vet his story before holding him up as a star convert.  Very unfortunate.
WoodBern82
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 10:19:46 am »

I wonder if he has any knowledge of the history of the Catholic church in America and the numerous abuses of children at the hand of Priests who were moved from flock to flock and not truly given proper correction and counseling. If you have seen the film "Spotlight" it would be clear on how this worked without Biblical intervention.   Estimates are around 5000 priests in just the USA that were found to be abusive.    That may not reflect all of them of course but if you understand the theology you realize how it places too much power in the hands of the priest. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases
leapfrog
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 04:37:45 pm »

Is the Bruce Bowen listed as a deacon a former GCC person? I remember there being a lot of Bowen’s in GCC in the Midwest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: