Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:44:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Verification of Mark Darling  (Read 160972 times)
blonde
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2010, 03:48:25 am »

As far as I know she has made a full recovery. 

It should be noted that the church paid for the Darling's food bill for the last 5 years.  And, Jessica is receiving free re-hab at an ECC member/s home, a stay-at-home-mom who was a physical therapist.  Things got bad and the church paid for a lot things.  And most of Mark's salary paid for all the stuff she needed as about a year ago he was reviewed by the IRS.   Not a nice time for the man.  He had to justify over $200,000 in expenses to the government.  Yes, he has had a hard road, but the church paid for it all, including his own salary for Jessica.

We must become the change we want to see.
-Mahatma Gandhi

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2010, 07:04:37 am »

"Explain to me how I am prideful, Smith? You don't know me. How do you know that I am bitter."

Hypocrites! You don't know 99% of the people in GC, yet you talk about them as a whole as if they are the scum of the Earth! There are a few people who post solely based on their own experiences (kudos to you), but most of you just post away about anyone and any situation regardless of if you ever knew the person or was involved in the situation.

Blonde, explain how you know all of this first hand? Because if you don't...THIS IS GOSSIP! I bet you don't know HALF of what that family has gone through!
Linda

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 08:09:44 am »

"Guest", this thread on the forum started as a thread to verify whether or not a GC pastor had used the "f" word in a message to high school students. Perhaps you don't think this is a big deal, but some of us do. Of course there are "bigger deals", but as a parent, whose children attended many conferences, I can assure you that this is disturbing. (In most churches, this would have been grounds for immediate removal.) I believe Blonde was trying to get to the bottom of things and check facts by wondering if anyone had been at a talk where inappropriate language was used. A few people confirmed they had been there. This is not gossip.

Publicly challenging the public teaching/theology of a pastor is not gossip. Publicly accusing a pastor or anyone of a specific sin without following the Matthew 18 plan of going to them first would be wrong/gossip. Making up stories about a person and spreading them publicly would be bad/gossip.

I was sorry to see Mark's daughter brought up on this thread. I'm sure "marked" was sincerely asking because many of us have prayed for her over the years, but I also thought it would be used to somehow judge us. Interestingly enough, some of us still know and love many in GC, including leaders/pastors.

I would guess that most posting here have nothing but sympathy for MD and what his family has been through regarding the health of his daughter. The issues we have with MD are with what he teaches. We have expressed them to him. He personally told us GC would never change and asked us to leave rather than try to change things. My family would have avoided a lot of heartache if we had known what GC really believed, their beliefs are unbending, and they don't want to change. I am here to help others learn early on the things that took me 10 years to learn. I know you don't understand, and that's okay.

It's pointless and unhelpful to try to judge motives or character about GC leaders or posters on this forum.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:37:54 pm by Linda » Logged

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
EverAStudent
Private Forum Access

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 10:49:13 am »

Linda, you are quite correct.  And yes, if GC pastors, like some emerging church pastors, are using cursings in their public speech, it is a cause for spiritual concern.

"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverted mouth, I hate.

(Proverbs 8:13)

The mouth of the righteous flows with wisdom, But the perverted tongue will be cut out. The lips of the righteous bring forth what is acceptable, But the mouth of the wicked what is perverted.

(Proverbs 10:31-32)

newcreature
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2010, 08:43:32 pm »

"Explain to me how I am prideful, Smith? You don't know me. How do you know that I am bitter."

To Guest and Smith: It appears that you (Guest) simply fabricated the above quote. Did you mean to attribute that quote to someone? I searched this entire thread and could not find anyone who made that quote, except for you. If you were sincerely trying to quote someone, it would be helpful if you used the Quote function. That function automatically attributes a quote and the time it was posted so we can verify its accuracy. If you don't know how to use that function, then at least provide us with the author's verifiable byline.

Or, were you just summarizing your perception of this forum by mocking us? I hope that is not the case; but it initially comes across that way. I actually hope this was simply your first efforts towards true restoration and reconcilliation among Christians. I hope you will return to clarify your real intentions.

If both of you are genuinely concerened that we are prideful, bitter, sinful, gossiping, hypocritical believers who you "honestly feel bad for" (as Smith stated in his post), then wouldn't it be more helpful and more scriptural to have a calm and rational discussion with your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?

Frankly, I am concerned for you. It appears that together you simply made two hit-and-run posts in order to make some judgmental accusations and condemnations as you drove by. I hope you will both return and address my questions and concerns in a spirit of Christian love.

Regards,
newcreature
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:47:31 pm by newcreature » Logged
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2010, 01:06:13 pm »

Hypocrites! You don't know 99% of the people in GC, yet you talk about them as a whole as if they are the scum of the Earth!
Actually, I can't recall anyone attacking the membership at large. If anything, most of us have a lot of compassion for people still stuck in the system. When we say, "GC does this," or "GC does that," we're generally talking about the leadership. Much of the criticism here is quite specific: "Mark Darling said this. Dennis Clark taught that. The elders at Ames did such-and-such," and so forth. Can you link to an example of anything written here that implies that a GC leader (much less the whole movement) is "the scum of the earth"?

I'm not sorry you're reading this forum, even if you don't understand it at the moment. The time may come when some of the problems you've read about here start to resonate with things you see happening around you. If that day ever comes, remember this: leaving GC is not the same thing as leaving God. It's not settling for second best. It doesn't have to mean giving up on God. God was there for His people long before GC even existed, and He will still be there after all denominations have been done away with. The things we long for can only be found in Him, not in any group of men, no matter how good or godly they are.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:51:57 pm by Huldah » Logged

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2010, 02:05:04 pm »

Yes, someone did actually write what I had quoted. They must have taken down their original post. It started off saying something like "I'm going to bite at this" or something close to that. That's why Linda's later post said, "I'll bite also." Anyways, I’m sorry I didn't use the quote function properly.

"If anything, most of us have a lot of compassion for people still stuck in the system." is exactly the types of things I'm talking about. While this is not an example of someone implying that all people in GC are "scum of the Earth," this does imply that you think we are all brainwashed, naïve to these things or something like that.  I don’t see myself as “stuck in the system.” I see myself as trying to love and serve Christ alongside of my brothers and sisters in Christ (universally).

I am staying with my GC church, not because I feel forced to or because I’m under some sort of control from my church's pastors… it simply makes logical sense. My family, friends and work are all in this city. Why would I simply hop to another church if I like the one I’m in? A lot of people write as though any sort of loyalty to a church is this horrible thing, yet plenty of people are life long members of their churches across numerous denominations. My parents have been lifelong members at their Lutheran church, yet I’ve never heard them criticized for their loyalty.

"I'm not sorry you're reading this forum, even if you don't understand it at the moment."
I do fully understand. I've talked to numerous people over the years on this forum, I've talked to my pastors, staff members, people from my church, people from other churches, well respected Christian leaders outside of GC, etc.... I am not naïve to the issues discussed on this forum. I don’t deny that things happened with certain individuals in the past, but I disagree with holding it against them in their future. I disagree with the anger and hatred written about certain individuals. I disagree with the overall negativity towards all things GC.

I just really challenge those of you that spend hours a day on this forum …..Is this forum doing anything for the Kingdom? Is there anyway that a non-believer would be drawn to faith by reading the things posted on here?  Is it in any way bringing glory to our Father? Would he stand proud behind you as you type away about how awful and wretched your brother, Mark Darling is(because hate him or not, he is your brother)? Or would our Father gently say, “Child, please let me handle this, please give this to me and trust me that I will make all things work out.”

Maybe I’m way far off or maybe I will get lit up by some of you for saying these things. But I see the Lord as being big enough to discipline those who have done wrong and bring healing to those who have been hurt. I don’t think writing about people will change anything. I think if you’re still talking about things that happened 20 years ago, maybe you need to try to speak with those who hurt you again. Maybe that will bring real change to those you are hoping to see change. What will talking about it do? It won’t change what happened and it fosters only negative outcomes. It doesn’t promote any of the things that I believe we as Christians are called to promote…..

Colossians 3:12-14 “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2010, 02:14:47 pm »

I should also note that I do apologize for my original post. That outburst was uncalled for. I take things written on this site very personally sometimes when they seem to be addressing GC as a whole. Again, I am sorry.
Linda

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2010, 06:53:37 pm »

Guest,
The Home page states the purpose of this forum.
Welcome to De-Commissioned, a forum for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, and the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.
There are a number of us who attended GC churches throughout the country for many years, yet had no idea what the group believed and taught. We were blindsided by some pretty bad teaching/theology and it affected our lives/families negatively in many diverse ways. Most of us don't know each other and have never met. We are here to help each other move on AND to warn others of the teaching of GC that is not mainstream Christian teaching.

As far as I know, current members have always been welcome here and been allowed to say what they wish. Current members posting here generally come on, tell us we are slanderers, that we need to move on, that we are damaging God's work, that we are wasting our time, etc. While you are allowed to say those things to those of us who have put our chins out, so to speak, it really isn't helpful. What is the point of making general accusations against anyone's character (you are slanderers, you are hypocrites, you are not bringing Glory to God)? Often those defending GC come on here and do the very thing they accuse us of doing to GC leaders. A rebuke, a few days of back and forth, and then a final rebuke saying that we need help and they won't be posting her anymore. I hope that you will stay long enough to engage us on the teaching and not make negative assumptions about the character of your brothers and sisters who post here.

For the record, I have never called any GC leader "a wretched brother", nor do I "hate" any leader. In fact, the reason I post here, is because I care about leaders, GC attenders, students, parents and I think doctrine matters. If I had to sum up my issues with GC, I would say that they have a faulty view of the Lordship of Christ and the Bride of Christ.

GC is all about leadership and "character" in choosing leaders. Character matters, but so does doctrine. I am amazed that GC NEVER in my experience taught this and just selectively chose verses on "character" when discussing leaders. Leadership is about more than character.
Quote from: Titus 1:9
He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

God is perfectly capable of dealing with GC leaders. He can discipline as he chooses, as you say. I am here to warn people of some unsound doctrine that GC perpetuates.

One other thing, to disagree with what someone believes and or teaches, is not the same as saying they are a bad person. It is not slander. It amazes me that so many think this.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:57:26 am by Linda » Logged

newcreature
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2010, 10:32:56 pm »

I should also note that I do apologize for my original post. That outburst was uncalled for. I take things written on this site very personally sometimes when they seem to be addressing GC as a whole. Again, I am sorry.
Hi Guest, thanks for your apology (although I wasn't asking for one), and thanks for coming back to share your thoughts. I think we all have certain topics or certain people that press our "hot" buttons. I know I still do, but I also know God has shown me how to deactivate a few of them. He will remove all of my hot buttons when I finally see Him face to face.

You said you sometimes take things personally on this forum. I think that is only human, and it is especially likely to happen when you feel like your church and the people you love and respect are being attacked. But as Linda said, I can't answer for anyone else's posts; and I don't believe I have ever attacked you or any of my former friends and acquaintances at GCI... and I go back many years.

Therefore, I don't take your challenges or your admonitions as personal inuslts or attacks. For example, I personally knew Mark Darling long before he was a pastor and I have never said (or even thought) "how awful and wretched" he is. In regards to your challenge, I do not "spend hours a day on this forum," so I am not wasting time nor causing God to shake his head in disappointment while he stands over my shoulder as I type. Just to be sure that I am not making a broad generalization, I divided my total online time at this forum by the time I have been a member. It averages out to 10 minutes a day. Most of that time was spent viewing a lot of interesting topics and reading Larry Pile's informative "Marching to Zion."

I've talked to numerous people over the years on this forum
I didn't realize you have been on this board for years and talked to so many people in here. I have only been here for a few months and I have read about some very recent problems with GCI. Therefore, I think you made a faulty argument when you said the following:

I think if you’re still talking about things that happened 20 years ago, maybe you need to try to speak with those who hurt you again. Maybe that will bring real change to those you are hoping to see change. What will talking about it do?
I am aware of some issues that happened last month, and last year, as well as some of the issues that happened 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, and 40 years ago. Doesn't that cause you to take pause and wonder if there is something inherently off course? Aren't you concerned about the leadership of an organization when the same type of problems crop up year after year over the course of four decades?

Regardless of our conclusions and/or differences, we are still brothers and sisters in Christ. Some people may get angry and make an outburst like you did from time to time. But in the meantime we can all find solace in the fact that God loves us unconditionally, even during the times he trains us or disciplines us. Sometimes He even uses other Christians to discipline us.

I liked your analogy of God talking to us, especially if we have been wronged. You imagined God saying this:
“Child, please let me handle this, please give this to me and trust me that I will make all things work out.”

I can imagine God encouraging Nathan with that very thought when he sent him to rebuke King David. God was comforting Nathan and at the same time Nathan was God's instrument to "make all things work out." Perhaps this forum is God's instrument for addressing grievances with GCI after many face-to-face encounters apparently have fallen on deaf ears.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:07:41 am by newcreature » Logged
Captain Bible
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2010, 08:40:15 am »

Yes, someone did actually write what I had quoted. They must have taken down their original post. It started off saying something like "I'm going to bite at this" or something close to that. That's why Linda's later post said, "I'll bite also." Anyways, I’m sorry I didn't use the quote function properly.

"If anything, most of us have a lot of compassion for people still stuck in the system." is exactly the types of things I'm talking about. While this is not an example of someone implying that all people in GC are "scum of the Earth," this does imply that you think we are all brainwashed, naïve to these things or something like that.  I don’t see myself as “stuck in the system.” I see myself as trying to love and serve Christ alongside of my brothers and sisters in Christ (universally).

I am staying with my GC church, not because I feel forced to or because I’m under some sort of control from my church's pastors… it simply makes logical sense. My family, friends and work are all in this city. Why would I simply hop to another church if I like the one I’m in? A lot of people write as though any sort of loyalty to a church is this horrible thing, yet plenty of people are life long members of their churches across numerous denominations. My parents have been lifelong members at their Lutheran church, yet I’ve never heard them criticized for their loyalty.

"I'm not sorry you're reading this forum, even if you don't understand it at the moment."
I do fully understand. I've talked to numerous people over the years on this forum, I've talked to my pastors, staff members, people from my church, people from other churches, well respected Christian leaders outside of GC, etc.... I am not naïve to the issues discussed on this forum. I don’t deny that things happened with certain individuals in the past, but I disagree with holding it against them in their future. I disagree with the anger and hatred written about certain individuals. I disagree with the overall negativity towards all things GC.

I just really challenge those of you that spend hours a day on this forum …..Is this forum doing anything for the Kingdom? Is there anyway that a non-believer would be drawn to faith by reading the things posted on here?  Is it in any way bringing glory to our Father? Would he stand proud behind you as you type away about how awful and wretched your brother, Mark Darling is(because hate him or not, he is your brother)? Or would our Father gently say, “Child, please let me handle this, please give this to me and trust me that I will make all things work out.”

Maybe I’m way far off or maybe I will get lit up by some of you for saying these things. But I see the Lord as being big enough to discipline those who have done wrong and bring healing to those who have been hurt. I don’t think writing about people will change anything. I think if you’re still talking about things that happened 20 years ago, maybe you need to try to speak with those who hurt you again. Maybe that will bring real change to those you are hoping to see change. What will talking about it do? It won’t change what happened and it fosters only negative outcomes. It doesn’t promote any of the things that I believe we as Christians are called to promote…..

Colossians 3:12-14 “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”

Welcome to the forum guest! Smiley I am glad you are speaking up, it's a nice balance on the forum.

I am happy that your church is a place where you feel accepted. I don't want you to leave it and I am happy you defend it. I think Great Commission is a fine organization, full of happy caring people. Some of the kindest people I know attend GC churches. I no longer attend any church so it could be said that I have “Lost my faith”. I know that people in GC are trying to win the lost “Me” to salvation in christ. I am happy for your interest in me. I greatly respect the zeal and faith of the leaders and members of Great Commission.

I know people who are in your camp, very happy to be in the church and protective of it to a fault.
The fact that you have chosen to communicate with the diverse set of writers on this forum is wonderful.

If I understand you correctly you are advocating that we forgive and forget.

I have no interest in forgetting the past. I think Paul's advice on forgetting what is behind is no good.
Dealing with the past is important. Working through past anger is paramount to living a healthy life.  That is why this site has been a very healthy thing for me.

I will give you this challenge: Continue to reach out to those who have left your church. Get together with them and let them do most of the talking, and Listen. I also suggest you read more of this forum. It is a great resource for you who are still attending the church. Challenge your leaders to do the same.

I know that the Great Commission churches are changing, I can see it. I don't think you are wasting your time with them. If you are happy and energized with your spiritual life that is great. This is a place where you are welcome to share your side of the story. Remember, criticism is a gift. Do not seek to quiet it. Instead, feed off of it. Counter it with your own arguments, that is how you grow as a person and as a movement.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:53:47 am by Captain Bible » Logged

"When you divide the land by lot as an inheritance, you must set aside a donation to the Lord, a holy portion of the land, eight and one-third miles long and six and two-thirds miles wide. This entire tract of land will be holy." Ezekiel 45: 1
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2010, 01:45:56 pm »

Guest, thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how to go on because no matter what I say, or how gently I try to phrase it, I'm afraid you'll  read something awful into it. Example 1:

A lot of people write as though any sort of loyalty to a church is this horrible thing, yet plenty of people are life long members of their churches across numerous denominations.

Gross exaggeration. Where has anyone on this forum ever criticized "any sort of loyalty" to a church? Names? Links?

What has been criticized (and rightly so) is the demand that GC members commit for life. In my case, this demand was never even disclosed to me until I had given up my spot in the dorm, moved in with the sisters, and effectively closed off any means of "escaping" from the heavy judgment that came my way when I started hinting that I had never actually made such a commitment. Even though I struggled to keep my growing doubts to myself--because complaining was a grave sin against the leadership, so we were told--I was still visited late at night and warned, "Excommunication is a terrible thing. Don't do that to yourself." And what provoked such an ominous warning? Well, on that occasion, I had stayed home from a meeting to do homework. Maybe things are less extreme where you are, and if so, that's great. From time to time I still pray for the people who hurt me back then, but to be honest, some of those memories still sting.

Example 2:

"If anything, most of us have a lot of compassion for people still stuck in the system." is exactly the types of things I'm talking about. While this is not an example of someone implying that all people in GC are "scum of the Earth," this does imply that you think we are all brainwashed, naïve to these things or something like that...I am not naïve to the issues discussed on this forum. I don’t deny that things happened with certain individuals in the past...

Oh, good grief. So if I'm critical of anything, I'm calling all of you the scum of the earth, but if I'm sympathetic, I'm insulting your intelligence. Heads you win, tails I lose? Besides, if you already know we're telling the truth, then one must ask: why are you adding to the abuse we've already experienced from GC? Isn't it obvious that this sort of criticism just affirms so many of the complaints here?

Please don't take this harshly, because it isn't meant that way. It's just that it's a little hard to understand why you're siding with the abuser rather than the abused. Obviously, you've found something of great value in GC that you don't want to jeopardize. To an extent, I can sympathize. I just wish you'd cut the abuse victims as much slack as you're cutting the perpetrators. If the GC leaders can be forgiven for abusing, can't we be forgiven for writing about it? Or is expressing the pain really so much more sinful than inflicting it? That's not meant to sound sarcastic. It's a genuine question, and I hope you'll give the answer a lot of thought.

I disagree with the anger and hatred written about certain individuals. I disagree with the overall negativity towards all things GC.

Fair enough. But here again, we seem to be see things through two very different lenses. I've seen (and expressed) anger here, yes, but not hatred. Even God gets angry at injustice; can't we do the same? Oddly enough, having this safe place, where my story has been understood and respected, has made it easier to finally move toward forgiveness. And, for that matter, aren't you fairly angry yourself? Why is your anger acceptable, while ours is not?

I am not naïve to the issues discussed on this forum. I don’t deny that things happened with certain individuals in the past, but I disagree with holding it against them in their future.

It's really rather ironic. Thirty years ago at GC, my words and motives were criticized by individuals there who put the worst possible spin on them. It was a long time ago, so apparently I'm supposed to be over it by now. Yet, after all these years, here comes someone else from the same organization, once again putting the worst possible spin on my words and motives. Strange how history repeats itself. Put yourself in my place for just a moment, if you can, and try to imagine how it feels.

(Edited for clarity.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:49:27 pm by Huldah » Logged
newcreature
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2010, 02:57:12 pm »

Can you link to an example of anything written here that implies that a GC leader (much less the whole movement) is "the scum of the earth"?
Hi Huldah, I see that guest never answered your question. Therefore, I used the Search function to look for any phrases where someone called GCx the "scum of the earth." Nothing, except for guest's own use of the phrase.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:05:01 pm by newcreature » Logged
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2010, 03:22:36 pm »

Thanks, Newcreature.

I waited overnight to post what I had written because I wasn't sure if it was too strong. Even so, if I could do it over, I would go back and edit that very lengthy post to these three essential remarks.

1) I sympathize with Guest, to a very limited extent, because I've been where (s)he is.
2) However--Guest has exaggerated and distorted things that appear on this forum, leading to accusations that are not strictly honest.
3) Guest knows about the past abuse but has decided to side with the abusers.

'Nuff said.
Linda

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2010, 06:47:03 pm »

Quote from: Huldah
In my case, this demand was never even disclosed to me until I had given up my spot in the dorm, moved in with the sisters, and effectively closed off any means of "escaping" from the heavy judgment that came my way when I started hinting that I had never actually made such a commitment. Even though I struggled to keep my growing doubts to myself--because complaining was a grave sin against the leadership, so we were told--I was still visited late at night and warned, "Excommunication is a terrible thing. Don't do that to yourself." And what provoked such an ominous warning? Well, on that occasion, I had stayed home from a meeting to do homework.
I am so sorry.

blonde

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2010, 10:01:52 pm »

Got this internal email from a member of this forum about Mark Darling's F-bomb.  I am glad she/he shared the experience.

Hi Blonde,

Sorry to get back to you so late. I was a sophmore in high school at that retreat so it was at the time kind of cool to hear a pastor swear. Of course now I have a different opinion. Roll Eyes

It's too bad that it wasn't on tap. It really came out of the blue. Mark was repeating a late night phone conversation he was having with a new church member who was struggling with drug addiction...and he didn't edit much. I think the point was to show how tough real life is to a bunch of no good high schoolers. Not sure it really worked. I think I had heard worse language an hour before during a pick up football game.  Cheesy

People should know the specifics.  Sorry if I offended someone by sharing a private email, but people in this blog need to know.  I sent this off to Mark Darling asking for a response.  He'll deny it ever happened. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:03:39 pm by blonde » Logged

We must become the change we want to see.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Ghost

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2019, 06:59:35 pm »

Good reading from 2010..a basic history of Evergreen Church...the church built and founded personally by Mark Darling...what dreams are made of..a modern day messiah...control and deception...and let's not forget to mention his sidekick and partner in crime..Brent Knox and all the Emulators and a special shout out to Jeff Groen...give credit where credit is due...god be the glory
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 07:05:36 pm by Ghost » Logged
Ghost

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2019, 04:24:28 pm »

Wow...........a bunch of phony fraudulent fake captains navigating the ship..sums it all up......this from a member........................................................................................ ("Whom the Son sets free, is free indeed",  You don't have to live your life in spiritual bondage to a church or group of "ministers"...who apparently have no training in Theology, counseling, Hermeneutics
but, sincere as it may be, are giving perhaps unwise counsel.)...............wow....the truth shall set you free...free from bondage..god be the glory
Ghost

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2019, 03:44:42 pm »

Wow..big fancy words they mean something and when someone applies that big fancy word to a cultish church must be for a very good reason...so i looked up this big fancy word and it fit Evergreeen Church perfectly..describing Mark Darling..Dave Patterson..Brent Knox..Ken Johnson ..Jeff Groen...Mark Bowen..Dave Nelson...all the now home grown Lt'ers and that special fancy word is Hermeneutics - the branch of knowledge that deals with interpretation, especially of the Bible or literary texts........wow says it all..especially coming from such a motley crew of false pastors..charlatans..deceivers..heretics..frauds..decepticons.....god be the glory
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 03:47:10 pm by Ghost » Logged
leapfrog
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2019, 06:51:22 pm »

I realize that this is very, very old. But I can confirm that Mark Darling also used the F word at HSLT in Estes Park in 1997 or 1998.

I also remember SO CLEARLY that he talked about the problem with “marriage these days” being that young women do so much to look cute and impress their boyfriends while dating, and then get married and stop caring about how they look and start to look like “burnt toast.”

What on earth is wrong what that man. So sad to put that in the heads of young men and women.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: