Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:26:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mamad's Story  (Read 35976 times)
Huldah
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2018, 10:22:40 am »

Just my opinion, but I never thought GTA was the same person as RickTroll. Their personalities seem different.

Rick melted down as soon as he saw that nobody here would buy into his recovered memories scenario. After he left, he popped back in just to do a little damage control; he apologized for his "tone" but not for coming here with the sole intention of deceiving us so he could undermine Scout.

On the other hand, GTA is a scrapper. (I mean that as a compliment, GTA, not an insult.) She's willing to stay in the ring and keep fighting for the people she believes in. And she was upfront about her position from the get-go. Now, I think she's fighting on the wrong side, obviously. She's siding with the abusers, so that's on her. But whoever she is, she's shown more guts than Rick did. It's just too bad that the people she's fighting for don't deserve that kind of loyalty.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:36:03 am by Huldah » Logged
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2018, 11:16:44 am »

That would be quite odd if Churches included forums on their websites, where people could post their one sided complaints against the church.  It seems that would be the biblical way to handle such offenses??  
Gaaagh!!! Way to totally miss the point, GTA!

This forum allows both sides to be posted, or else you never would have been allowed to come here and make your attacks. GC has always been the one to clamp down on opposing viewpoints.
Differentstrokes
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2018, 11:24:05 am »

I don't see what would be so odd about having a neutral place where both sides could discuss their stories? I guess both sides would have to agree to be calm and civil, judging by GTAs posts that might be a challenge for the church and that's why it will never happen? Idk
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2018, 11:36:42 am »

GTA, someone asked you what it was about Scout's story that didn't add up. I see you haven't answered yet. Care to shed any light on that?
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2018, 11:49:35 am »

The wounds expressed on this forum (and now other places) ARE THE FRUIT.

It's not like there's a tally sheet, where someone can lead 5 people to salvation but devastate the souls of 4 already in the flock, so it's a net gain of 1 and they are a winning Christian.  If one story on here was true about my church/pastor, I would demand that we halt all forward motion until we went back to pick up the pieces.
This is beautifully expressed, Rebel.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2018, 12:55:51 pm »

GTA, what parts of Scout's story strike you as inconsistent?

TerryD
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2018, 01:40:31 pm »

Quote from: Godtrumpsall
I love that I am the one making attacks when the entire premise of this site is to attack and belittle many many people, over, and over, and over, and over....

Check the welcome panel on the forum's home page:
"Welcome to De-Commissioned, a forum for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, and the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology."

Well-known public speakers and leaders within the GCx world whose teachings and actions have contributed to the problems being discussed here are certainly going to be named and challenged...is that so surprising? Is that an "attack"? Not really.

One of the marks of an unhealthy group is an inordinate identification of members with their organization. Any criticism of my group is a vicious attack on me personally. Truthfully I remember feeling that a couple of times back when I was in GCx, and have seen it fairly often with current members. Not healthy.
Linda

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2018, 03:39:39 pm »

Godtrumpsall,

If you are going to make generalized statements about inconsistencies (which is basically suggesting that someone is not being truthful), then the honorable thing to do is tell us what you are talking about.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2018, 03:50:34 pm »

I agree with Linda. You brought it up, GTA, so you're the one with the moral obligation to support your claims.

In fact, if you were really here to defend Mark Darling and/or Evergreen, I'm actually kind of surprised that you didn't lead off with your strongest argument. If you could really poke holes in Scout's story, you could have made fools of us right here on our own forum.

You also gave the impression that you were personally in a position to know what was wrong with Scout's story. Now you're implying that all you know about it is what other people are saying on FaceBook? Sorry, GTA, you're not being straight with us.

Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2018, 08:49:53 pm »

I'm not sure if any of you had the chance to read Rachel Denhollander's response about SGM, but that woman did her homework!  I agree, you can't assert that someone's story has "holes" if you haven't done the background work to know what those are. 

I have followed Scout's story since it first posted here.  I have read everything here and on Facebook and Twitter.  I have met and spoken with her.  She did not reveal all information she had immediately (it has been released as it made sense), but there are no holes.  She hasn't wavered from her message.  She hasn't changed details.  She hasn't contradicted herself.  She hasn't changed course.  She said "I was abused, leaders knew and said they would take appropriate measures, but nothing was done."  Steady, repetitive, consistent.  It is ECC who has waffled and been inconsistent with their message and actions.  Their "unintentionally misleading" initial tweet, their lack of transparency in regards to the nature of the "independent" investigator, and their cancellation of last night's meeting for fear outsiders would turn it in to something else.  Funny how we outsiders, who can only be accused of writing "mean" things on this forum, are suddenly a threat. 

As a side note, I am not engaging in all of this because I am "bitter."  I am studying church abuse formally and this is a situation close to me because I have connections to the organization.  Church abuse is a not very well understood problem but as people are speaking up and our culture is finally willing to listen to the voice of the victimized, it is a great time to bring glory to God by cleaning up our own act.  Well, probably past time, I wish church would be leading the way in this, but it's not too late to do the right thing.  Institutional protectionalism is contrary to the example of Christ.  And I write this because I do believe Scout and the other victims. 

Linda

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2018, 08:58:58 pm »

I did read Rachel’s response. Quite lengthy, but worth the read. The parallels between SGM and the situation with ECC are uncanny.

Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2018, 11:57:39 am »

You honestly believe there are no holes in her story? Just for starters can someone please tell me why her letter to Mark contained no reference to sexual abuse?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:00:10 pm by Digital Lynch Mob » Logged
Linda

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2018, 12:13:09 pm »

An independent, transparent third party investigation might answer that question.

Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2018, 12:17:29 pm »

But it doesn't cause anyone here to pause?

And independent third party investigation is happening. And it can't conclude soon enough.
HughHoney
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2018, 07:33:30 pm »

Just my opinion, but I never thought GTA was the same person as RickTroll. Their personalities seem different.

Rick melted down as soon as he saw that nobody here would buy into his recovered memories scenario. After he left, he popped back in just to do a little damage control; he apologized for his "tone" but not for coming here with the sole intention of deceiving us so he could undermine Scout.

RickTroll kinda typed like Jeromy...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: