Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:28:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Believe it or not, Jim McCotter is back - sort of!  (Read 114419 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2019, 10:46:01 am »

Reading Psalm 75 this morning and was reminded of this assuring promise.

“I will cut off the horns of the wicked,
but the horns of the righteous will be lifted up.”

Psalm 75:10

God knows what’s in the hearts of men.  He is the preeminent judge.

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
DesiringTruth
Private Forum Access
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2020, 03:34:12 pm »

Jim and Roland ( and families) are now in Florida. Moved from Colorado.
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2020, 03:31:18 pm »

You are absolutely WRONG in your accusation about Jim McCotter.  He is a wonderful brother who loves the Lord.  He is still laboring for the gospel and has never stopped.  Did you ever take a second and ask yourself why he is persecuted so much and by so many?  Jesus promised persecution for those who truly follow Him.  Everyone should be so honored so as to have been persecuted and falsely accused by so many.  If you want to talk to Jim, he has a show that is interactive on facebook every weekday at 4pm.  Go to facebook and search for @jimmccotterlive

If you'd rather talk to him directly, why not IM him on facebook.  @JimMcCotter

Stop spreading lies.  You have no idea of what went on. 
Breaking The Habit
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2021, 06:16:53 pm »

You are absolutely WRONG in your accusation about Jim McCotter.  He is a wonderful brother who loves the Lord.  He is still laboring for the gospel and has never stopped.  Did you ever take a second and ask yourself why he is persecuted so much and by so many?  Jesus promised persecution for those who truly follow Him.  Everyone should be so honored so as to have been persecuted and falsely accused by so many.  If you want to talk to Jim, he has a show that is interactive on facebook every weekday at 4pm.  Go to facebook and search for @jimmccotterlive

If you'd rather talk to him directly, why not IM him on facebook.  @JimMcCotter

Stop spreading lies.  You have no idea of what went on. 

LOL. I was around him for decades, literally. I know exactly what went on, and saw it first hand - no hearsay here.

This blog doesn't even begin to cover the horrible things he did to myself as well as many, many other people and families.
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2021, 07:32:49 pm »

A hearty welcome to you, BreakingTheHabit!!  Thanks for taking part in bringing light into the darkness; and a word of truth to those who need to hear.  

Thank you for testifying.  Prayerfully those under his spell will be given eyes to see and ears to truly hear.
Hopefully those he has mislead in Colorado more recently, and those he currently misleads through his online teaching.  

If there are any things you can share to help others see McCotter more clearly without revealing your identity many reading here would be interested in hearing.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 07:59:00 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2021, 01:45:01 am »

Have you seen this one where he mentions "The Blitz" and talks about the "house churches" in the good old days? Then, he moves on to talking about house churches catching on here in the US (Darling, Whitney?), then he moves on to the house church movement in China. Do you think he it taking credit for the house church movement in China! Ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqeJR1rAvcQ

He doesn't speak Chinese.  I would give Ying Kai more credit than Jim.... Jim is just saying that this is the pattern practiced in the New Testament for the first 300 years. There are others, who have said that too....  Frank Viola has also written a lot about that. So, there is nothing new under the sun.... 

Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2021, 02:49:13 pm »

Hi!  For anyone who would like to actually HEAR Jim McCotter address all these accusations, Jim is willing to take LIVE questions on his weekday podcasts every Friday.  It's time to actually "put your money where your mouth is".  Tomorrow and every Friday at 4pm, you can log onto the podcast on facebook or on his youtube channel...

He's ready and willing to finally address any and all accusations and questions!  You ready to ask?  You can just comment your question, or actually come on live with Jim!  Either way, it's time for the whole truth to come out!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_-a-MOV_qjSKEpLcx9pR3g

https://www.facebook.com/JimMcCotterLIVE
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2021, 02:38:53 pm »

Jim is on live right now on facebook.  Why not stop the guesswork and ask him yourself whatever questions you'd like to.  He's on every Friday at 4pm.  You can text any questions to 404-405-6358 anytime and he'll answer them on the podcast.  Go to facebook...

Let's make this website moot.  Ask your questions directly.
Linda

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2021, 02:51:56 pm »

We don't have questions for Jim. We are here to critique his teaching and his writing and talk about the damage this bad teaching has done to hundreds of dear Christian people and the harm it has done to families for several decades. If he wants to disavow his teaching, this is the place. No-one is stopping him.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2021, 02:13:03 pm »

It's unfortunate that you characterize what you disagree with as "Jim's teaching", when it isn't.  Why not ask him what his positions are on the things you think he's got the wrong teaching on and find out that you've been wrong all along?  Either that or PROVE you have been right all along.  Let's face it, Jim has been lied about for decades, and now that he's available for conversation, all those who have spread or bought into those lies don't REALLY want to know.  How sad.  I hope you and all the others on here will step up and actually confront Jim on these issues.  It would be great to clarify these things.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2021, 02:50:21 pm »

No, Vince. You've publicly accused members of this forum of lying, but you have yet to provide a single instance. Either back up your accusations, or stop making them.
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2021, 04:47:02 pm »

It's unfortunate that you characterize what you disagree with as "Jim's teaching", when it isn't.  Why not ask him what his positions are on the things you think he's got the wrong teaching on and find out that you've been wrong all along?  Either that or PROVE you have been right all along.  Let's face it, Jim has been lied about for decades, and now that he's available for conversation, all those who have spread or bought into those lies don't REALLY want to know.  How sad.  I hope you and all the others on here will step up and actually confront Jim on these issues.  It would be great to clarify these things.

Yes, I agree with this. If someone has that big a problem with Jim McCotter that about 35 years after he left GCx, they're still affected by it. It would be healthy to at least confront him, when you have a chance. At least than you can come back here and say that you have confronted Jim McCotter about whatever it is that you feel is unBiblical.  Unless it doesn't bother you, then why complain about it. But if you have such a huge problem with Jim McCotter, take advantage of this offer. Nothing to be afraid of. What's he going to do? Sue you?
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2021, 05:24:19 pm »

The problem right now isn't McCotter.  It's Vince. He says the people on this forum have been lying about McCotter but he can't be bothered to give even one example.

I'd be very surprised if he even knows what has been said about McCotter on this forum.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2021, 07:33:44 pm »

Another thought. This forum has been here since, what? 2007? If McCotter were so eager to set the record straight, he's had thirteen years to come here and do it. Thirteen years. And those were the years when the forum was really active, when there were a lot of people who would have been glad to ask some very pointed questions. Since he wouldn't come here, where we could all meet on equal ground there's no reason for any of us to seek him out on a platform where he controls the discussion.
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2021, 08:14:08 pm »

Let's put this a little more focused and more concrete. I'm going to start a thread on what doctrinal positions that Jim McCotter has that you feel are unBiblical.

Now, I'm going to suggest that we keep this thread to solely doctrinal positions. I.e. if he was mean to someone, that might be a character flaw, but it's not a doctrinal flaw.  I'm not at all saying that character flaws are unimportant. I just suggest that within that thread we focus in on one major issue.... doctrine...

For instance, the mormons don't believe in monotheism... So, that's a doctrinal flaw.  The mormons also will disown their children, if they get married to a non-mormon. That's not a doctrinal flaw... Though I don't agree with it. Now I realize that doctrine and character do overlap... But for the sake of focus, I would suggest that we keep it to pure doctrine.... If someone wants to discuss character deficiencies, start another thread.... I want to see if you guys actually think that Jim has bad doctrine. And by the way, that's far more easier to prove or disprove.... I start the thread like now.... I would be surprised if you guys can come up with one page...
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2021, 09:05:28 am »

The problem right now isn't McCotter.  It's Vince. He says the people on this forum have been lying about McCotter but he can't be bothered to give even one example.

I'd be very surprised if he even knows what has been said about McCotter on this forum.

What I'm trying to say Hildah is why not just ASK Jim McCotter directly.  There have been so many accusations made against a brother.  Jim hasn't accused you.  How can I give you an example?  I'm wondering why you wouldn't bring it up directly to Jim?  Why not just ask him on Friday at 4pm, or text me whatever you'd like to ask him and I'll make sure that question is asked!  My cell number is 404-405-6358 if you'd like to text me the question.  If you'd like to address him to his face, I can make that happen.  I want the TRUTH to come out once and for all.  That makes me the problem.

I realize I've said the accusations are false, and that is only because it is clear to me that if you or others wont ask the questions directly, then you really aren't interested in the answers.  That is troublesome.  It's easy to make accusations in a vacuum, but now Jim is available to address them and you are going to run?  Come on!  Let's get everything out in the open once and for all!

Here's the link for the podcast.  Hopefully you'll want to "expose" Jim by forcing him to address your questions/accusations. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_-a-MOV_qjSKEpLcx9pR3g

Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2021, 10:33:26 am »

To the best of my knowledge, no one here has any questions for Jim. What we have are facts, including personal observations by people who knew him and were just as zealous (at one time) to promote him as you are.

You have publicly accused us of lying, but you've repeatedly refused to back up your accusation by giving even one example. This raises questions about your objectivity, at the very least.

If someone else wants to interact with Jim, fine, they're free to go for it. I don't want to because I already know some of the damage he caused. I lived it. In a small way, for a short time, I helped to perpetrate it, which I now regret. I was part of Solid Rock at the height of his influence. I sat under the teachings of his close colleagues, Dennis Clark (in Columbus) and Herschel Martindale (at a conference in New York). I have no questions, other than the question of how McCotter can possibly have deadened his conscience for decades after doing so much harm to so many people. If you want to pass that question along for me, be my guest.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 10:52:10 am by Huldah » Logged
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2021, 02:47:44 pm »

To the best of my knowledge, no one here has any questions for Jim. What we have are facts, including personal observations by people who knew him and were just as zealous (at one time) to promote him as you are.

You have publicly accused us of lying, but you've repeatedly refused to back up your accusation by giving even one example. This raises questions about your objectivity, at the very least.

If someone else wants to interact with Jim, fine, they're free to go for it. I don't want to because I already know some of the damage he caused. I lived it. In a small way, for a short time, I helped to perpetrate it, which I now regret. I was part of Solid Rock at the height of his influence. I sat under the teachings of his close colleagues, Dennis Clark (in Columbus) and Herschel Martindale (at a conference in New York). I have no questions, other than the question of how McCotter can possibly have deadened his conscience for decades after doing so much harm to so many people. If you want to pass that question along for me, be my guest.

I'm not interested in promoting Jim, except to the extent that it can be useful to advance the Kingdom of God and to accomplish God's will.  I realize you may no longer be able to simply listen to a teaching, speak with a person, meet their family and friends and determine if they have fruit.  I was deeply involved in house church ministry when Jim was active, yet I never crossed paths, nor did I EVER believe for even ONE second that the men who I was around were forced in any specific direction.  These men were quite capable of thinking on their own and I was there during many disagreements and saw how these men worked things out with humility and grace.  NOONE ever mentioned calling Jim or Jim at all for that matter!  You have made a lot of false assumptions regarding Jim's involvement in the lives of those you were around.  That's unfortunate, and if you had a problem with something they taught you should have CHALLENGED them to make them justify what they said from scripture!  I'm sorry you had a terrible time during your time with house churches where you were.  I didn't.  I spoke up when I disagreed.  I was respected, even as a very young man for that very reason.  All these accusations sound NOTHING like my experience.  To be honest, the reason I sought Jim out is because I've never seen another person so agressively persectuted, so I wanted to meet him.  I figured there's got to be a reason for that.  I asked all the questions and addressed all the issues (many from here) so that I would know WHY all this persecution.  I spent time asking his family questions, and seeing how they interect with each other.  I spoke to ones in their house church to  see if their doctrine was bogus in some way.  I wanted to know if Jim's teachings were really messed up, ESPECIALLY regarding authority, and I found out they were NOT.  I completely disagree with Jim regarding his view of Matthew 28:18-19, and yet we get along great!  That is only one example of many!  Our church in Atlanta does not learn "tithe" as the basis for giving, yet Jim is COMPLETELY given to tithe as the method and standard.  I could go on, but I think you get the point.  Come and VISIT us in Atlanta.  See for yourself! 
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2021, 08:38:35 pm »

There are numbers of people here on this website and other websites who have had direct personal observation or experience with Jim McCotter.  In fact there is a website completely dedicated to facts about McCotter so that others might be warned.  He is quite often described with a pattern of behaviors that seem to be the antithesis of Jesus.

I’ve spoken with people who have told me of first hand experience with him.  Their interactions demonstrated that he is NOT a man of his word.  What he says and what he does painfully do NOT MATCH.  In fact, they seem to be polar opposites.

Behind closed doors people were recruited by McCotter to call into his MD/DC “LIVE” radio show back in the 80’s pretending to be someone other than themselves.  His stooges would even feign other accents.  So, I could easily imagine at least the same tricks are going on behind the scene with his current live YouTube show. Others were witnesses of major deals closed with words and handshakes that were shamefully dishonored.  Why would we trust McCotter’s word about himself, his dealings or his teachings?  

I would strongly suspect he is behind the recent hiding of web pages revealing his deceptive past so that he might profit as a knowledgeable guide, author, and shepherd rather than be exposed as a charlatan, false teacher and wolf.

McCotter seems to have a talent to beguile with lips as smooth as butter, but after you’re taken in, his actions seem to bite like a viper.  Such a person God’s Word says to flee from.  He is the last person to be trusted with the privilege and responsibility of teaching the Scriptures.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 07:12:32 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2021, 11:24:01 am »

Today in my time with God I was reading in Isaiah.  Before opening my bible I vented to My Heavenly Father my frustration over the pride and stubbornness of GCx (now labeled by new names) leaders who continue to elevate themselves with their weak excuses and shielding defenses of their deplorable teaching and practices both past and present.  This includes their silence about and their perpetuation of the spiritually abusive control by Jim McCotter.  Don’t they get how they shipwrecked the faith of many?!  Why won’t they humble themselves in sincere apology without excuse or defense?  Do they not understand that by lowering themselves they will lift up the dignity and worth of those they so carelessly wounded?  They will also bring upon themselves the abundant grace of God.

Personally, I felt the verses below (that I read after talking to God) was God’s message back to me.  First, the spiritual awakening of their followers; second, the repudiation of McCotter’s False Teaching; and lastly, a picture of the future of GCx founded teaching in the remaining churches.  Sometimes we may be wrong in what we perceive God is saying to us, but other times it is precisely his message he offers to grasp and walk by faith with.

Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed,
   and the ears of those who hear will listen.
The mind of the rash will know and understand,
   and the stammering tongue will be fluent and clear.

Isaiah 32:3-4

No longer with the fool be called noble
   Nor the scoundrel be highly respected.
For the fool speaks folly,
   his mind is busy with evil:
He practices ungodliness
   and spreads Error concerning the LORD;

the hungry he leaves empty
   and from the thirsty he withholds water.
The scoundrels methods are wicked,
   he makes up evil schemes
to destroy the poor with lies,
   even when the plea of the needy is just.

Isaiah 32:5-7

...and for the land of my people,
   a land overgrown with thorns and briers...
The fortresses will be abandoned,
   the noisy city deserted;
citadel and watchtower will become a wasteland forever...

Isaiah 32:13,14

« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 07:13:00 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: