Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:21:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Website: Pastormarkdarling.com  (Read 37875 times)
Gary M. Miller
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 11:43:27 am »

That's fair, Barb.
EscapeFromSummitview
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 11:49:56 am »

Not sure if that was directed at me or not, but I want to clarify. I'm not outraged at all. I just find the response from the Darling's perplexing and was commenting on it. Maybe it's because I don't believe Jeromy is acting "on his own" with absolutely no input from Mark. They obviously are a close family, and I'm sure they talk. He's doing all of this stuff in his dad's name, at some point I'm sure Mark would have found out and had the opportunity to stop him if he wanted him to stop. But since Mark has made no public statement, I think that he feels the best way to address this controversy is indirectly, through having his family post testimonials on this forum and on the new website.

Just seems like a strange way to approach things.
Gary M. Miller

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 11:51:14 am »

Again, fair.
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 12:38:00 pm »

Gary, I appreciate your thoughts. I would like to point out one glaring problem though. While you have publicly owned up to your sons and the subsequent damage they have done, Mark has not...at all...not an apology, not a sign of repentance or sorrow over the harm caused to many. (different than sorrow over how our sin ruins our own lives)

That is well said Barb. That is definitely the crux of the matter.

From here on I need to decide what I will do. My first responsibility is to my own state of mind and soul. I need to guard my inner being. Then after that the question remains on what if anything I do to help warn others of the Mark Darling/Evergreen cult.

I am still surprised and wrestling with the fact that a rather large group of people are discounting the facts. It shows that things are worse than I thought they were.

I believe that the situation is one in which action is called for at times. However trusting God to handle Evergreen and Mark Darling is just as important. I hope this makes sense. I need to keep things in their proper place. I am wondering what actions are helpful in going forward, if any.
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 02:45:37 pm »

Gary,

I do not celebrate Mark's brokenness.

If we are honest and humble we all have brokenness in our lives, area of sinfulness that gets exposed, ways that we have failed God, others, those closest to us. It's a beautiful thing to come to the end of our efforts to hide these things and to confess them to God and those we have offended and find grace and mercy and help in our time of need.

When a pastor has brokenness that leads to being inappropriate with women in a sexual way, it is time for him to step down and get help and find healing and wholeness for himself and his family. And if other pastors have covered up his behavior and given it a pass, that is so wrong, and they need to see that and admit that and confess it as wrong and hurtful and damaging. I just wish that Mark Darling and Evergreen pastors that were involved would come clean on this. If they don't, they will not prosper and they will continue to worry and fret and lose sleep and make ridiculous excuses for what they did.

I appreciate your honesty and humility,Gary, and your kind words about Suzanne.

Gary M. Miller

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 04:18:09 pm »

I don't disagree.

I apologize for appearing to discount the need for repentance.  I was simply trying to articulate that I am not surprised that a son would try to portray his father in as positive a light as possible. And if Mark is seeking another platform for ministry, it should be expected he would try to reclaim his reputation.

Maybe my issue is just that - while I grieve foremost for the victims who will forever have their perception of God, church and humanity tainted - I also am sad for some terrific kids who are feeling a lot of pain about their dad.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 04:22:40 pm by Gary M. Miller » Logged
Linda

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 05:41:20 pm »

Gary,

I am truly sorry for the sorrow you feel so often. I didn't want you to think that sentence was passed over. Continued prayers for peace and hope for you.

I am in agreement with the others who have posted today, none of us celebrate Mark's sin or Evergreen's cover up of it.

Many lives have been damaged. The victims. The families of the victims. Mark and his family. Evergreen Church current and former members. Sin has consequences. Some are immediate. Some are not so readily seen. It is all so sad.

Early on, a number of us expressed compassion for the Darling kids as they posted here because we knew the truth behind many of the allegations. We were met with less than gracious responses, called some vulgar names (spiritual masturbators) and threatened with violent Biblical language. I think because of that we gave up on expressing how sad we were that Mark's family would be in a lot of pain because of this. They seemed to resent it. I am really sad for them. The thing is, they really don't believe he did any of this. Mark continues to deny it. How can someone move on and work to restore their life and ministry when they don't realize or acknowledge their sin and they have family and friends who enable them?

Here is a post I did that highlighted a few of the things I mentioned that Jeromy said.
http://forum.gcmwarning.com/general-discussion/evergreen-should-read-this-and-take-note/msg19792/#msg19792

That said, I actually think a website like the one the Darling's recently started would have been a better avenue for them to defend their dad rather than coming on here and calling Suzanne a liar, suggesting people look into her criminal record or her marital status, suggesting she was crazy, putting up a link to her and John's business bankruptcy, etc. Classic victim intimidation that detracted from their credibility.

So far, no one from ECC (pastors, board members, lawyers) have contacted any of the victims to apologize and work on a way to make this right. A good start might be to retract the sermons on Shimei throwing stones at David and the "unjust"/"unfair" sermon Brent gave at the Rock and to acknowledge that they misled in their original Tweet and Suzanne was right about them not following through on the planned action steps worked out with Suzanne's therapist in 2001.

A sincere confession and apology is a good start toward demonstrating that one has "a broken spirit and a contrite heart."

ECC needs to step up to the plate.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:13:27 am by Linda » Logged

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 08:32:47 pm »

Quote from: Rebel in a Good Way
Interesting that they don't allow for comments but were allowed to come on here and rant and rave and bully.

They don't allow opposing views? Now there's a shocker.
looking4answers

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 10:38:04 pm »

MD's kids did not create the website or host it, only provided their stories and pictures.
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 01:35:06 am »

MD's kids did not create the website or host it, only provided their stories and pictures.

Whose idea/project was it?
Gary M. Miller

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 06:31:01 am »

Linda, I apologize if I made my comment about MY pain. There is still a some narcissism that needs to be uprooted. Smiley

I was just trying to articulate that I feel for some great kids. Having evaluated my own heart, I just need to be done here.

Linda

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2018, 06:40:30 am »

Gary,

I think I understood and agree with your point. The bad things we do, don't define our life. It's a wonderful thing when our children love us in spite of our flaws. Sin harms people and relationships. All things I agree with.

I didn't think the post was about you. I just wanted you to know that I saw that line and in commenting about other things, didn't want to brush over your deep sorrow.

While I can only speak for myself, I'm pretty sure everyone posting here feels for Mark's family and have been sad for them from the start. We are in agreement.

Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2018, 06:56:31 am »

Early on, a number of us expressed compassion for the Darling kids as they posted here because we knew the truth behind many of the allegations...The thing is, they really don't believe he did any of this.

I'm not sure what Jeromy believes about it. His behavior here didn't strike me as the behavior of someone who was confident of his father's innocence. It was more like the behavior of someone who suspected that something really was amiss, and who was desperate to shut down the conversation before he had to face whatever it was. Maybe I'm reading him all wrong, but that's how he came across to me.
Mango
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2018, 07:34:31 am »

Maybe I'm reading him all wrong
Yep
Linda

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2018, 08:10:00 am »

Early on, a number of us expressed compassion for the Darling kids as they posted here because we knew the truth behind many of the allegations...The thing is, they really don't believe he did any of this.

I'm not sure what Jeromy believes about it. His behavior here didn't strike me as the behavior of someone who was confident of his father's innocence. It was more like the behavior of someone who suspected that something really was amiss, and who was desperate to shut down the conversation before he had to face whatever it was. Maybe I'm reading him all wrong, but that's how he came across to me.
That is definitely how he came across. Plus he is on record as calling Suzanne a liar several times on this forum.

freisetzen

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2018, 08:12:33 am »

This is sickening. I'm totally sick to my stomach about this.

These website creators and story posters obviously have zero trust in the findings of the report and live in a world of denial. The Rock seems to have zero trust in their own board of trustees, so they should probably disconnect from the Evergreen network entirely; and since they'll disconnect from Evergreen network entirely, they can hire back MD and continue their abusive pattern without shame or repentance.

Here's real praise: wait for Mark to come out on YouTube and humbly apologize to the women whose lives he screwed up, to his kids and his wife for deceiving them. Then watch him years later rise up from the destruction, having repaired his damage and cleaned up his mess, having been reconciled to those he's hurt.

Matthew 32:12 "For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." (NIV)
Psalm 138:6 "For though the LORD is high, he regards the lowly, but the haughty he knows from afar." (ESV)
Proverbs 29:23 "One's pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor" (ESV)
EscapeFromSummitview
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2018, 08:31:59 am »

It looks like a Jeromy Darling creation to me, and he definitely promised us that The Reckoning was "just the beginning."
Badger
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2018, 10:02:02 am »

They started a website dedicated to MD.  Supporters of MD.  Pastormarkdarling.com

Interesting that they use the title Pastor when he is not ordained anymore.

Perhaps formerpastormarkdarling.com was already taken.  Might be a good site to obtain Smiley
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2018, 10:10:39 am »

The website was started back in May

Domain Name: PASTORMARKDARLING.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2263480243_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.domain.com
Registrar URL: http://www.domain.com
Updated Date: 2018-05-16T15:17:12Z
Creation Date: 2018-05-14T19:04:08Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-05-14T19:04:08Z
Registrar: Domain.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 886
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: compliance@domain-inc.net
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 602-226-2389
Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
Name Server: NS1.USM22.SITEGROUND.BIZ
Name Server: NS2.USM22.SITEGROUND.BIZ
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2018-07-12T17:05:53Z
WalkHumbly

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2018, 11:32:23 am »

Hey guys,

Been following everything for a while now and just started an account.

One thing I have noticed that they keep adding new stories everyday. It appears that more people are adding things.

https://pastormarkdarling.com/servant/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: