Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:41:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Website: Pastormarkdarling.com  (Read 37894 times)
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2018, 11:47:38 am »

Hey guys,

Been following everything for a while now and just started an account.

One thing I have noticed that they keep adding new stories everyday. It appears that more people are adding things.

https://pastormarkdarling.com/servant/

It is ok that they keep adding things. The stories are a glaring warning to those who are not caught in the Evergreen mind think. Some people could be decieved by the stories, but most people would likely see through the happy stories. They contain details that many would find disturbing.
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2018, 11:58:04 am »

Darling supporters that claim the website is not the work of Jeromy are wrong. Look at message number 77 and 75. People are writing the stories to Jeromy about his Dad.

Just be honest people. Honesty keeps life simple.
Linda
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2018, 11:58:34 am »

I had some time to kill while waiting. Here is the list of posters in order. Looks like some people possibly posted a few times.

56 separate names in 78 posts so far.

Of course the reality in any situation like this is that most people were not abused. All the glowing testimonies in the world do not speak to whether or not abuse happened. According to the findings of the "independent" investigator and the BOT, abuse happened. It was serious enough to cause the BOT to remove Mark's ordination.

All the testimonies do make the situation sadder, in my opinion. A gifted man removed from the pastorate by inappropriate behavior that was not nipped in the bud by the plurality of elders. Clearly, the system GC is so proud of failed. #CharacterMatters

Jes
Jes
Jes
Jes
MW
Leisel
Mike
KCA
KCA
Matt
AW
MQ
S
Ryan
Ryan
Ryan
Ryan
Ryan
Marissa
SM
Kurt
Jeff
SP
William
J
JK
Nick
Nick
Heather
Rachel
Rachel
Dustin
Mark
SLS
E
E
LS
LS
CM
CM
CP
ERL
Karl
CJL
WSL
BML
Emily
MPL
MPL
Rachel
Nikki
MT
Jason
KW
Jon
Jon
DM
DM
KM
KM
KM
Beth
Beth
Nate
Cara
Ida-Lea
Emily
Amy
Katie
Wendy
Kat
Lori
Lori
Ryan
Olivia
Alyssa
Ted
Bret

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2018, 12:41:25 pm »

Hello,  WalkHumbly, and welcome to the forum.  Feel free to share your own GC experience whenever you feel ready.

The new website is something they should have created in the beginning, instead of coming here and causing trouble on this forum.  I hope they'll be so happy in their new echo chamber that they'll no longer feel any need to come here and bother us.
Isthisreal?
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2018, 05:06:48 pm »

Wow just wow...using your free time so wisely. Unbelievable. Computer lynch mobbing and gossiping is becoming your full time job.
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2018, 05:56:52 pm »

Wow just wow...using your free time so wisely. Unbelievable. Computer lynch mobbing and gossiping is becoming your full time job.

You make me giggle. You are using your free time to post on a forum you hate to"computer Lynch mob" this forum.  Plus you have no idea what the meaning of gossip is. According to Mark Darling's teaching you have no business posting here because it is gossip. Only it is not gossip... If the real definition is followed. He has twisted the meaning to silence his people and those who call out his sin.
Linda

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2018, 06:43:44 pm »

Me to my husband as he is searching Apple TV for British Bakeoff or something similar to watch: Hang on a sec. I’ve got to respond to an anonymous poster on the Internet who wants to judge my character and criticize how I spend my time.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2018, 06:57:28 pm »

Me to my husband as he is searching Apple TV for British Bakeoff or something similar to watch: Hang on a sec. I’ve got to respond to an anonymous poster on the Internet who wants to judge my character and criticize how I spend my time.

Ahhhh ha ha ha.

But that person surely knows you quite well!
Gracetoyou
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2018, 08:03:06 pm »

Funny how I don’t see anything about Jesus on Marks new website? Because it’s not a website dedicated to bring others into relationship with Christ but cult followers golden calf of idolatry created to bow down and show loayalty to a unrepentant man. God makes it very clear in Exodus that “you shall have no other gods than me.” While attending the Rock Mark used to boast about how he wasn’t a celebrity pastor and all the other large churches operated on a one man senior pastor where if he fell the church would follow. Well Mark has fallen and the Rock is crumbling from within. Members feel from what I was told that they don’t trust the current pastors (Karl) and are gearing up for a major split.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2018, 08:38:25 pm »

It certainly looks like they're gearing up for a split. But I'm not surprised at the lack of Jesus. I've listened to three of Mark's sermons (admittedly not a large sampling) and heard very little biblical content. Also,  you have to search pretty hard before you find a reference ţo Jesus on Jeromy 's Salvage Project website.
Gracetoyou
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2018, 08:58:45 pm »

I believe it’s bevause they are both narcissistic and believe they both have a savior complex
Wrestling
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2018, 09:02:53 pm »

Do you see how people might think this is hypocritical?
looking4answers
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2018, 07:22:51 am »

Funny how I don’t see anything about Jesus on Marks new website? Because it’s not a website dedicated to bring others into relationship with Christ but cult followers golden calf of idolatry created to bow down and show loayalty to a unrepentant man. 

Every single story on that website is about how God used MD to bring people to Christ, helped them grow in Christ, and live out the truths in the Bible. That is a pastors job, he did an amazing job.  The website is to celebrate his work as a pastor for 30+ years, and his life's work and sacrifices, to help others come to know Christ and grow and obey God's Holy Word.  It was created by some guys who attend the church. 
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2018, 08:12:43 am »

Must be so confusing for Evergreeners right now.

On the one hand, you have an investigation and pastors and a BoT evaluation that say there is a real problem with things that Mark Darling has done, to the extent that he needs step out of pastoring and go through a process of fixing what was wrong. One pastor, while praising Mark up and down, also says that Mark is in denial.

On the other hand, you have many people inside the church saying that they don't believe Mark Darling ever did anything inappropriate, that if he did it was taken care of, that the pastors at Evergreen don't think Mark did anything wrong, that the women involved do not need an apology, that Mark Darling deserves nothing but praise and adoration.

Very confusing and sad. There is supposed to be unity, but it looks like there is a lot of disunity going on. Distrust of the BoT and their decision, distrust of the investigation, distrust of the pastors, and people mad at the women who brought this forward and their family and friends who supported them.
WalkHumbly

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2018, 09:16:35 am »

Hey guys,

Been following everything for a while now and just started an account.

One thing I have noticed that they keep adding new stories everyday. It appears that more people are adding things.

https://pastormarkdarling.com/servant/

It is ok that they keep adding things. The stories are a glaring warning to those who are not caught in the Evergreen mind think. Some people could be decieved by the stories, but most people would likely see through the happy stories. They contain details that many would find disturbing.

What do you mean by see through the happy stories? What details do you find disturbing?
WalkHumbly

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2018, 09:18:40 am »

Funny how I don’t see anything about Jesus on Marks new website? Because it’s not a website dedicated to bring others into relationship with Christ but cult followers golden calf of idolatry created to bow down and show loayalty to a unrepentant man. 

Every single story on that website is about how God used MD to bring people to Christ, helped them grow in Christ, and live out the truths in the Bible. That is a pastors job, he did an amazing job.  The website is to celebrate his work as a pastor for 30+ years, and his life's work and sacrifices, to help others come to know Christ and grow and obey God's Holy Word.  It was created by some guys who attend the church. 

This was my take of it. If you read the stories, almost all of them speak to what God has done through Mark Darling.

https://pastormarkdarling.com/mark-darling-story-83/

Even though I suppose they don't explicitly say God and push Jesus they are talking about what God has done through Mark?

I guess I'm still confused on where to fall in all this.
Gracetoyou
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2018, 09:35:21 am »

The irony in all of this, is those who would ostracize and slander others when one decided to leave the sacred one and only true New Testament “restored” “movement,” known as the Rock church (house church leaders, Darlings, small group leaders) are now the ones leaving or on their way out of GCC. The website dedicated to the idol worship of Mark is a product of many poor souls who developed what cult psychologists would call a “learned helplessness.” They became accustomed to tailoring thier lives around Mark and his church, getting advice for everything from Mark (jobs, cars to buy, homes, and even sex life advice as we saw). The loyalist will go through a period of time of great distress like when any cult leader falls. I would bet that the darling children start their own house church network and many of the rock loyalist to mark will follow.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:38:53 am by Gracetoyou » Logged
WalkHumbly

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2018, 09:37:04 am »

The irony in all of this is those who would ostracize and slander other who left the sacred “movement,” The is the rock (house church leaders, Darlings, small group leaders) are now the ones leaving or on their way out of GCC. The website dedicated to the idol worship of Mark is a product of many poor souls who developed what cult psychologists would call a “learned helplessness.” They became accustomed to tailoring thier lives around Mark and his church, getting advice for everything from Mark (jobs, cars to buy, homes, and even sex life advice as we saw). The loyalist will go through a period of time of great distress like when any cult leader falls.

Wow, that's a really good point. I never thought to look at it that way.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2018, 09:40:09 am »

Every single story on that website is about how God used MD to bring people to Christ, helped them grow in Christ, and live out the truths in the Bible. That is a pastors job, he did an amazing job.  The website is to celebrate his work as a pastor for 30+ years, and his life's work and sacrifices, to help others come to know Christ and grow and obey God's Holy Word.

But see, this is what I have trouble understanding. The evidence and the report clearly indicated that Mark did something seriously wrong, so wrong that his own friends and colleagues on the BOT and in leadership felt it necessary to de-frock him. So, as people of the Truth, why are Mark's followers ignoring that truth? As people who are called to holiness, why are they not mourning Mark's sin and denial? Why are they not lovingly calling him to repentance, instead of emboldening him in his denial? Surely, if Mark had encouraged them to genuine godliness, they should be the first to return that favor.

The only excuse I can think of is that they're still in shock. Perhaps they were so confident that the report would be favorable to Mark that the reality hasn't had time to catch up with them. I understand that this is painful, because I felt the same kind of pain when I first started to see how exploitative Solid Rock (my GC church in Columbus) was. For a while, I alternated between fierce denial and defenisiveness of Solid Rock on one hand, and stunned feelings of anger and betrayal on the other. There's a grieving process that Mark's followers haven't had time to go through. It just seems strange that people who claim to have grown so close to God could be so unconcerned about serious ongoing sin in a spiritual leader, or so callous about its effects on his victims.
Gracetoyou
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2018, 09:49:13 am »

Exactly it’s because they didnt grow in a genuine relationship to God but with Mark instead. He became a spiritual Father to many there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: