Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:22:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maryland Late 00's  (Read 5898 times)
mfpantst
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« on: September 20, 2010, 12:01:19 pm »

Hey all- So I'm new in a sense around here.  I used to post on the forum when it was a wordpress forum and gradually drew away from posting, but now I sort-of have a renewed interest.  Mostly in the as I've read here in this topic: Hey whatever happened to... way. 

I can post my story on the hello's topic as well, but here I'm just wandering what has happened at the UMD GCM church in the late 00's?  I look at the boards and see a lot of people from the mid-west area posting, I know GCx has a huge base out there, but if I remember correctly from my last foray with this forum, there are some east coasters like myself out there.  If there's on thing I remember from the times I was still around school after my stuff went down, it was running into people who had similar stories.

I think for me I'm wondering how if I was only a year into the program and left, all these people who were already older (read went through the program) were still attending.  There's also a couple specific situations I'm super curious about.  Anywho, just thought I'd throw something out since I didn't see many topics on the specific church I went to, or at least the timeframe I went there.
blonde
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 11:45:51 pm »

I knew a few from Minneapolis went out east.

We must become the change we want to see.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Against1

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 10:42:22 am »

Wow..I just found this site. Wonder if the original poster is still waiting. There were a few things that happened on the late 00's. any particular questions?
Elagino

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 11:50:05 pm »

Stories like this site very much present. I read all the topics that I can put to good use.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: