Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 19, 2024, 01:38:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pastor Mark Darling-Pastor who abused me  (Read 397903 times)
Boggs
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #340 on: April 23, 2018, 10:14:11 am »

John is not speaking up, which is weird to me

John has voiced his support for a 3rd party investigation several times on Facebook, including a lengthy post stating his support for the alleged victims. Your statement is untrue and misleading.
AgathaL'Orange
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #341 on: April 23, 2018, 10:57:42 am »

So he can be trashed, slammed, have his background records and character brought up, be shamed, mocked, and called a liar?

Sad 

Glad to be free.
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #342 on: April 23, 2018, 11:01:16 am »

So he can be trashed, slammed, have his background records and character brought up, be shamed, mocked, and called a liar?

What would your husband do for you if you were sexually abused?
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #343 on: April 23, 2018, 11:05:00 am »

We had a big long talk about this, and we agreed, that in GCx we were in such a strange mindset, we may very well have excused things (and did excuse things) that were not okay.

Some people aren't in love with airing things online.  It doesn't mean he isn't supportive, and he HAS actually suppported her.

I just think it's interesting that people seem to think if a man brings it forward, more people would pay attention. 

Glad to be free.
Boggs
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #344 on: April 23, 2018, 11:10:51 am »

John is not speaking up, which is weird to me

John has voiced his support for a 3rd party investigation several times on Facebook, including a lengthy post stating his support for the alleged victims. Your statement is untrue and misleading.

He has made 2 or 3 very short, vague statements.  People have asked questions in return that he will not answer.  Don't you think he would be a little more vocal and supportive of Suzanne? 

OK, so you have changed from "John is not speaking up" to "John has made 2 or 3 very short, vague statements." How many statements do you expect? Do you want people to be quiet and wait for the result of an investigation, or do you want them raise hell? Is it 10 statements? 20? 296 posts on our forum?

I found his statement on March 10 to be direct and specific.

What I think you're getting at is this little nugget: "Does anyone know if they're divorced?? Imagine a divorced woman alleging accusations against a happily married man??" in an effort to discredit her. It doesn't matter if she's married, single, divorced, widowed, whatever. Keep your shaming to yourself.
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #345 on: April 23, 2018, 11:28:17 am »

We had a big long talk about this, and we agreed, that in GCx we were in such a strange mindset, we may very well have excused things (and did excuse things) that were not okay.

I just think it's interesting that people seem to think if a man brings it forward, more people would pay attention. 

Agatha, I can imagine no situation in which I would excuse this if it were my wife. None. Ever. And you know this has nothing to do with "a man bringing it forward," rather it has everything to do with the fact that he is an eyewitness to this. He was in the meeting with Mark, Mark and her counselor etc. Why is it a "man" thing with you?
Linda

« Reply #346 on: April 23, 2018, 11:39:03 am »

How do you know that John is not telling his story and supporting his wife? Because he hasn’t posted on Facebook? Time shall tell.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Neville Longbottom
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #347 on: April 23, 2018, 11:53:03 am »

And maybe John is really "Linda". 😉
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #348 on: April 23, 2018, 11:54:03 am »

He too turned down the opportunity to talk to Joan.

Frankly, I feel sorry for the guy.
Boggs
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #349 on: April 23, 2018, 12:30:02 pm »

He too turned down the opportunity to talk to Joan.

Frankly, I feel sorry for the guy.

Why would he participate in the internal investigation if Suzanne chose not to? Makes sense to me.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #350 on: April 23, 2018, 12:31:12 pm »

GTA, with all of your posting about "gossip" and related verses, you of all people should not repeat something that you have no knowledge of.  Always ranting about speculation from people who know nothing.  

[/quote]

I also remember other comments on here mentioning they are not together.    
[/quote]
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #351 on: April 23, 2018, 01:12:35 pm »

My question is how is it relevant at all that what anyone's marriage status is?  And for that matter what their status as a Christian is?   

You keep bringing these things up as though a divorce, separation, or being a non-Christian, or non-practicing Christian changes the veracity of someone's statements. If anything, problems in someone's life would, in my mind, affirm what they are saying because it shows that some kind of trauma or life changing event has happened that has caused someone to take a different path.

The world is not as black and white as you think it is.  And it's truly hurtful and cruel to use anyone's lifestyle status as a chance to make potshots about their statements. 

Glad to be free.
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #352 on: April 23, 2018, 01:42:52 pm »

My point is that it may or may not be the case, but it isn't relevant.  And it certainly doesn't change the truth of someone's statements. 

Glad to be free.
Linda

« Reply #353 on: April 23, 2018, 01:57:54 pm »

Quote from: scout
To the best of my remembrance John (husband and ECC pastor at the time) and I did not know about that beforehand.

I'm not Google either, but it wasn't hard to find with a search of her posts. She was saying he was an ECC pastor at that time.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #354 on: April 23, 2018, 02:30:33 pm »

Wow, a lot of interest in this topic. I'm sure Heidi could confirm for you.
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #355 on: April 23, 2018, 02:50:13 pm »

Clear, I agree. Why are we even discussing this? Her marital status has no impact whatsoever on the veracity of her claims. Neither does John Van Dyke's verbal support or silence. It is completely irrelevant.
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #356 on: April 23, 2018, 04:39:38 pm »

Clear, I agree. Why are we even discussing this? Her marital status has no impact whatsoever on the veracity of her claims. Neither does John Van Dyke's verbal support or silence. It is completely irrelevant.

Yes.   It doesn't matter.  And further it's just mean spirited.  Sad

Glad to be free.
Faith
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #357 on: April 23, 2018, 05:06:44 pm »

GTA - saying "you remember reading something" and listening to others "mention something" and repeating Jeromy's speculation IS gossip. Nothing is based in fact, it is all rumors at this point. It saddens me that people are repeating rumors and yet blind to the fact that they are further spreading them.
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #358 on: April 23, 2018, 05:14:13 pm »

Sorry Agatha. Let me rephrase: It does matter that people are sharing rumors and using that to create doubt about Suzanne's credibility and character. It does not matter if she is divorced for the purposes of determining if her allegations are true.
Roger Dodger
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #359 on: April 23, 2018, 05:23:56 pm »

It could matter if Suzanne feels that Mark is responsible for current state of their marriage.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: