Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:45:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This still isn't okay Suzanne van Dyck  (Read 48112 times)
AgathaL'Orange
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2018, 08:57:15 pm »

No thank you.

Glad to be free.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2018, 09:00:03 pm »

No thank you.

No thank you you won't delete your islamaphobic post or no thank you you won't post any biblical references to support your statements?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 09:01:34 pm by jeromydaviddarling » Logged
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2018, 09:03:10 pm »

Agatha, you are feeding his attacks... he can't do much if people don't respond. Plus, I agree it would be good to avoid stooping to his level of personal attacks...
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2018, 09:08:16 pm »

No thank you means, I’m not going to sit and craft a response to your post that I didn’t even read and don’t plan to.  And actually?  Airing the dirty laundry of a member hypothetical or real is exactly what Taliban and Pharisees would do.  Like pretty much spot on parallel.  :/. So yeah I stand by that statement.  On further reflection, I also don’t believe you thought it was hypothetical, JD, or you’d not have attached a name in your comment. 

Glad to be free.
jeromydaviddarling
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2018, 09:18:15 pm »

No thank you means, I’m not going to sit and craft a response to your post that I didn’t even read and don’t plan to.  And actually?  Airing the dirty laundry of a member hypothetical or real is exactly what Taliban and Pharisees would do.  Like pretty much spot on parallel.  :/. So yeah I stand by that statement.  On further reflection, I also don’t believe you thought it was hypothetical, JD, or you’d not have attached a name in your comment.  

Well I appreciate the judgement. So you ARE reading my posts or you aren't? For the record, [name removed] and [name removed] are happily married and were NOT excommunicated from their church - I knew this BEFORE posting, ERGO: I assumed this was a hypothetical situation we were all talking about and responded accordingly. Also, I prefer calling people by their human, given names, and not their avatars. [name removed] has made no secret of who she is (assuming you were involved in the Facebook commenting after I posted my letter).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 01:44:45 pm by puff of purple smoke » Logged
Greentruth

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2018, 09:56:13 pm »

Agatha, you are feeding his attacks... he can't do much if people don't respond. Plus, I agree it would be good to avoid stooping to his level of personal attacks...

Did you take the time to see who actually was doing the attacking? Comparing MD situation to Bill Cosby? I didn’t think anyone would stoop that low here. But here you are,and you now accusing Jeromy for defending his father? And you ask me why I think this form is offensive?
Badger
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2018, 10:23:15 pm »

Did you take the time to see who actually was doing the attacking? Comparing MD situation to Bill Cosby? I didn’t think anyone would stoop that low here. But here you are,and you now accusing Jeromy for defending his father? And you ask me why I think this form is offensive?

Greentruth, I was contrasting the idea of believing a man based on the glowing characterizations of those who love him.  The women who hold famous men accountable for how they act in private are always guilty until proven guilty.

I have always been careful to acknowledge that such accusations are alleged because I cannot know with 100% certainty.  Likewise, Jeromy and the rest of the Darling supporters cannot be certain.

To illustrate how vehemently family, friends, and admirers will support a guilty person, I had to choose someone who has been shown to be guilty after being so supported by their family.  I could come up with other examples but I don't think that would be prudent.
Greentruth

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2018, 10:48:54 pm »

Sounds like awkward back stepping.  O reason whatsoever to bring Cosby and MD up in the same sentence.
But pretty much the norm here.
Badger
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2018, 11:07:23 pm »

Sounds like awkward back stepping.  O reason whatsoever to bring Cosby and MD up in the same sentence.
But pretty much the norm here.

Greentruth, there is no "awkward back stepping," because my clarifying statement is truthful.  I did not "bring Cosby and Mark Darling up in the same sentence," as you claim above.

Why do many disbelieve Suzanne and victim A through Z? Simple, look at MD life, and his loving family who surround him in loving memories, that they have shared, and scores of others who are close to them, that have whitnessed what would make it impossible for the accusations to be founded. You look at other cases with this me too going on. Family, friends, and people who work with them don’t stand behind them.  Doesn’t take a rocket scientist OR Dr Phil to figure that out.

Yes, let's look at another case:  Why do so many disbelieve victims A through Z?  Simple, look at Bill Cosby's life, and his loving family who surround him in loving memories -his wife Camille said, "The man I met, and fell in love with, and whom I continue to love, is the man you all knew through his work... He is a kind man and a wonderful husband, father and friend." 

Before her death, his late daughter Ensa Cosby issued a statement, “I strongly believe my father is innocent of the crimes alleged against him and I believe that racism has played a big role in all aspects of this scandal... he has been publicly lynched in the media.”

His youngest daughter, Evin Cosby, also noted the “public persecution” of her father as well as “the cruelty of the media and those who speak out branding my father a ‘rapist’ without ever knowing the truth.”

Loving memories, that they have shared and scores of others who worked with him, interviewed him, and acted with him - people that witnessed what would make it impossible for the accusations to be founded.

All of that to say, Greentruth, it doesn't whether you have a favorable opinion of Mark.  It doesn't matter if the accused has an army of 1000's of people supporting their character.  Aggressors can even have seemingly normal healthy family lives and children.  Your above quote is based on opinion and speculation.  Your and other people's opinions of Mark Darling do not make him innocent nor do they prove he has integrity.

Let me remind you that you were the first individual to consider other #metoo cases in which family, friends, and coworkers didn't stand behind them.

You look at other cases with this me too going on. Family, friends, and people who work with them don’t stand behind them.

If I don't post an example of the inaccuracy of your first statement; your false statement goes unquestioned.  If I give you a current example, you claim I'm insensitive.  Don't ask if you don't want an answer.
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2018, 06:25:51 am »

Pretty sure the people you mentioned do not want to be “out.”  It feels like you don’t think rules apply to you.

Glad to be free.
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2018, 06:39:46 am »

What a weird turn this thread took. One thing is clear, many on this forum no longer believe in Biblical authority on moral and social issues. No wonder they have issues with GC churches. Comparing Jeromy to the Taliban because he believes in the Biblical definition of marriage is a new low here.
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2018, 06:47:56 am »

That’s not even close to what I said.

I said airing someone’s personal issues  publicly and shaming them is like the Taliban.  Especially when it’s not illegal.  And when they aren’t a public figure.  And when they are members and not leaders.

You guys have really just pulled out all stops.

What other details will be thrown out about members? 

Now he claims it was a hypothetical.  At first I believed him, but throwing names out?  Hmmm.  I’m not so sure I do.

Airing a member’s grievances over private matters is unconscionable.   

Glad to be free.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2018, 06:49:06 am »

I am identified on other social media formats because I stand by my criticisms of GCC and do not say things that aren't true based on first hand knowledge.  Anything I write that specifically happened can be backed up with documentation or verified by multiple people.  I am not traumatized in to silence, I have resources to protect myself from threats (like when my name was listed on this forum as someone to sue, lol!) that might cause others to back down.  So I have used my name on social media.

On FB and Twitter I say very little about the people I know personally who have been excommunicated, shunned, and otherwise treated very badly by GCC churches because I would never want the attacks of people like you, Jeromy, turned on them.  I want to be anonymous on the forum so I can share what I have witnessed without it endangering those people at all.  I'm sure some folks have already figured out who I am (I'm not attempting to be super stealthy) but revealing information I didn't wish to be known is an arrogant violation.

It appears you think you can do whatever you want to people because you think your father is being falsely accused.  Quote scripture for that one.

It is, however, good to know where you stand on the issue of unfaithfulness in marriage.  How many people has your church excommunicated for infidelity?  And do you excommunicate people who realize they are gay and no longer wish to be married?  If you think that is such an important biblical principle I would hope your church is taking those disciplinary actions on a regular basis.  I do not want to minimize the pain those situations cause but if you think excommunication is such a useful tool you should be doing it more often.

araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2018, 06:50:20 am »

I was actually calling Agatha out, because I do think she is crossing lines here and it makes me sad to see her doing that. I wish we could all stay above the personal attacks, regardless of your position on all of this. I see a lot of attacking from several people going on now, and I'm trying to encourage it to stop. I have already expressed my opinion of Jeremy and his posts, and don't think he will respond to me asking him to be polite anyway. I do think his attacks have been among the low points on this forum, have already expressed that to him and others, and am done responding to him. Hence I'm encouraging Agatha to stay at least above that. I think badger had a well articulated post with an interesting point, so why would I address him?

As soon as any one of you crosses the line from respectfully addressing an idea to attacking the person who said it, you are in the wrong. Period. I don't care what side you are on.
Linda

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2018, 06:54:27 am »

Quote from: Agatha
Pretty sure the people you mentioned do not want to be “out.”  It feels like you don’t think rules apply to you.

I dont understand why someone would do this. When you click the box that says you will abide by the rules and then blatantly disregard them, you are going against your word. It’s dishonest.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Greentruth

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2018, 06:55:06 am »

Badger?  You can try and manipulate my words, but yours are straight forward that you tried to compare MD with Bill Cosby. I have read the articles over the years on Cosby life style, which when someone says character, this is the example from the other side of the coin. Sad FACT is many here have a two sided coin they work to their agenda. You know this was in the news, and on peoples minds, and just couldn’t help yourself with using it here.  Anyone reading here take note, this is the precise game that is being played here, to try and manipulate anything to fit their agenda. And the really sad part, some have been here for scores of years doing the same thing, day in and day out. Over and over and over again.  Kind of like ground hog day. They do it over so many times, changing the narrative that they think will fit their agenda. To those that attend any church, not just ECC, as myself, I see so many accusations that could be my church. You don’t have to look far at ECC, to see these accusations to not be what this form claim them to be.
Greentruth

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2018, 07:04:47 am »

Rebel, I and others have known who you are for a long time. I was made aware of all going on through face book. Your style is unmistakable.  Your stance that you are better equipped educationaly is your give away, just a friendly point you may consider to stay unanimous. A new avatar is much easier to replace than a smeared reputation, another little fact to consider.
Linda

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2018, 07:06:50 am »

And I know who GTA and Digital Lynch Mob are. So, what. I will not out them.

Quote from: Greentruth
A new avatar is much easier to replace than a smeared reputation, another little fact to consider.
Is this why you are anonymous?

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2018, 07:13:50 am »

Perhaps the concept of religious police is not known here?  That’s exactly what they do.  Call out people specifically for their sins.  Publicly.  And to be fair, Mango said the “not okay” thing first and Jeromy just jumped on it and added a name.  And then another name.

That is precisely spot on what religious police do— in all religions, in all of time.

Comparing those things and calling out someone making a personal attack is not out of line here.

Jeromy broke the rules.

And Mango  broke major ethical rules.

And Jeromy added to it.

No.  Stop.  Not okay.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:18:12 am by AgathaL'Orange » Logged

Glad to be free.
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2018, 07:23:25 am »

Is MD a regular member?  Am I calling him out?  No and no.  But you love to say I am.

Don’t like being compared to religious police or other religious groups you don’t like?  Don’t act like them.

Glad to be free.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: