Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:27:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This still isn't okay Suzanne van Dyck  (Read 48102 times)
Digital Lynch Mob
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2018, 07:28:09 am »

Is MD a regular member?  Am I calling him out?  No and no.  But you love to say I am.

Don’t like being compared to religious police or other religious groups you don’t like?  Don’t act like them.

So it is ok to call someone out if they aren't a regular member? And your comparison to the Taliban is bizarre.
Linda
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2018, 07:32:37 am »

Quote from: jeromydaviddarling
That member's sins are lesser sins than pastors sins?

Of course not. However, there is a difference in how sins are handled when they involve a pastor. The Bible speaks to this.

Do not entertain an accusation against an elder, except on the testimony of two or three witnesses. But those who persist in sin should be rebuked in front of everyone, so that the others will stand in fear of sin.
–1 Timothy 5:19,20

The issue here is that two or three witnesses have brought accusations against a pastor.

You are assuming "Victim A" and "Victim C" are made up. If they are, and Scout is making this up, she will have destroyed her reputation and opened herself up to a libel lawsuit.

If "Victim A" and "Victim C" are real people and their stories are true, then 1 Timothy 5:20 comes into play.

The issue here is did this happen.

None of us, inducing you know for sure. Only those present know what happened. Or didn't happen.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Linda

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2018, 07:42:29 am »

Quote from: isthisreal?
Let me get this straight. The forum doesn't support the Bible on moral issues.
What are you taking about? This forum is a bunch of people of varying political and theological beliefs posting about problems we've experienced with GCC's practices and theology. The common ground we share is (or is supposed to be) that we've experienced problems with GCC.

Godtrumpsall
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2018, 09:37:41 am »

Quote from: isthisreal?
Let me get this straight. The forum doesn't support the Bible on moral issues.
What are you taking about? This forum is a bunch of people of varying political and theological beliefs posting about problems we've experienced with GCC's practices and theology. The common ground we share is (or is supposed to be) that we've experienced problems with GCC.

This presents a problem with in itself.  GC churches have very specific theological beliefs, as does Linda, Rebel, Agatha and so on.  As do different denominations all over the world.  I can see exactly why people would experience problems in a belief system they do not agree with, which is everyone that comes to this forum to complain about GCx.  But this site is not about bringing healing to people, this site is mainly used to complain about perceived errors (I say perceived because many of us seem to differ on some valuable theological beliefs) in which some of you find common ground and support in.  I believe people were hurt, and offended, but what is at the core of those hurts?  I believe that people do not agree with much that the church teaches, but somehow stayed, and at some point decided this is not the life for me, and left feeling abused, used, hurt, embarrassed, shunned, as the longer they stayed the more they disagreed with. (I will have a post later this weekend to expound on this thought about our belief systems).

I think it is important for people that come here and read, or even register and comment, understand the foundation of this site.   First, some guy started a blog out of his hatred for MD, from what I hear, was filled with nasty obscenities and anger all fully directed at MD.  I am not sure how or if that transitioned, or inspired, into the current forum, or the old wordpress site.  The owner of the first horrible blog is a member on this site.  I know that members here do not condone that first blogger, from what I have read, so I thought I should mention it.  I also know from what has been written on this forum that one of the 4 original starters of this forum, by his own admission, is not really following the Lord, or has kind of formed his own religion and views about God independent of any belief system.  So yes, this forum does not support the Bible on all moral issues, because there are many people from many belief's here.  But how confusing that this is a place to point out the errors of GC's theology, when really all theology is up for debate.  Some basic tenants of the Bible are not agreed upon here even, but I think some assume so.  This causes some weird and unique issues regarding this forum.  The common ground is not being Christians, but their own personal problems with GCx. 
Godisgrace
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2018, 11:01:34 am »

Makes sense! If you aren't a Bible believing christian you will definitely have issues with GCC! Thanks for explaining. Explains a lot of things in this group.

I am a Bible believing Christian and I left GCC almost 5 years ago. The Bible was manipulated in sermons to fit topics. Should be in its own topic. I attended a different GCC church in different city. At faith walkers I even seen the manipulation of scripture.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:03:29 am by Godisgrace » Logged
G_Prince

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2018, 11:07:33 am »

Makes sense! If you aren't a Bible believing christian you will definitely have issues with GCC! Thanks for explaining. Explains a lot of things in this group.

Most people on this forum left GCx BECAUSE they are bible believing Christians and found their faith to be inconpatable with the church's teachings. It's a pathetic cop out to attack the validity of someone's faith instead of trying to debate the issues.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:10:14 am by G_Prince » Logged

Here's an easy way to find out if you're in a cult. If you find yourself asking the question, "am I in a cult?" the answer is yes. -Stephen Colbert
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2018, 12:08:15 pm »

Most people on this forum left GCx BECAUSE they are bible believing Christians and found their faith to be inconpatable with the church's teachings. It's a pathetic cop out to attack the validity of someone's faith instead of trying to debate the issues.

Amen to that!
Godisgrace
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2018, 03:14:25 pm »

My mistake. I should have known this by your moral Biblical stances and humble encouraging speech. I appologize. The swearing, rude emails, taliban talk, Bill Cosby comparison, distracted me from the truth.

Not everyone on this forum has been apart of those actions. You can't judge everyone by one page because they are on this forum.
Greentruth

« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2018, 05:27:43 pm »

All six or so of you that post here regularly, and make statements that the Bible should not be taken literally? Not to mention your saying you don’t even believe in God?   The know it all six Trump any and all Biblical teaching. Your goal to take down ECC, seems to be a goal to take the church down as a whole. This is a world view, non Christian rhetoric being played out here. There area a few who claim to stand for Christian belief, and turn right around and stomp on the core beliefs of millions of spirit filled believers, and those who have and are sacrificing their lives to get that very gospel in the hands of those who have not had the luxury of the words our creator gave us.
Godtrumpsall
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2018, 07:34:23 pm »

I think many here are bible believing Christians, (and a few who are not) but interpret things differently then folks within GCx.  One example that I have seen many on here complain about is how women are not pastors within GCx churches.  
Linda

« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2018, 07:51:35 pm »

So the toxic nasty obscenities and hatred from the person who formed his own religion are part of this forum's DNA so to speak. Very interesting....

Obscenities?
Hatred?
Formed a religion?

I think you are confused.

Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2018, 08:13:20 pm »

I think many here are bible believing Christians, (and a few who are not) but interpret things differently then folks within GCx.

Thank you, GTA.

(For the record, a male-only pastorate is one thing I actually agree with GC on, to the best of my imperfect understanding of Scripture.)
AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2018, 08:16:12 pm »

Yes, thank you, GTA, sincerely.

I attend a church that ordains women, but we believe the Bible and try to follow it.  But I appreciate it when people allow for differences of opinion.

Glad to be free.
Linda

« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2018, 09:12:30 pm »

I’m not aware of a blog full of obscenities that transitioned into this forum. I participated in the original blog that morphed into this one and am pretty sure there were no obscenities in it.

AgathaL'Orange

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2018, 09:49:07 pm »

Yes that is not how this forum started at all.

There were two original blogs.  I can’t remember now which was first, Wordpress or Blogger.  More participants were brought in and the owners of the original blog wanted to stop running it and it was moved over/combined with GCM Warning.  

Obscenity filled blogs were never allowed. Period.

There was a user here that I do not know, who was asked to tone it down a long time ago. He was not a founder nor was he a moderator or list owner.  If that’s what you mean.  And the internet being what it is means people can make us look bad by doing kooky things and trying to affiliate themselves with people  but we can’t do much about it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:47:02 am by AgathaL'Orange » Logged

Glad to be free.
Greentruth

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2018, 06:42:41 am »

I think many here are bible believing Christians, (and a few who are not) but interpret things differently then folks within GCx.  One example that I have seen many on here complain about is how women are not pastors within GCx churches.  
[/quote]

GTA.  I agree, as I have read the different denominations agree on all but a dozen interpretations in the Bible, yet even these are not theologically wrong in the different interpretations. This was twenty years ago I read this article.  It’s when some attack a whole church or many similar types of Church over one personal disagreement, and go so far as to call the church a cult over it, that gives me pause, and have to really wonder on their relationship with God. This is brother and sister attacking brother and sister.  What is the fruit from this?  The damage I would think immeasurable.
puff of purple smoke
Administrator

« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2018, 01:48:56 pm »

Jeromy Darling has revealed personal information about two anonymous posters in this thread, which violates forum rules. These names have been removed.
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2018, 02:58:44 pm »

Thank you very much, Puff.

That bothered me a lot.

There are some very good reasons certain people choose to be anonymous, and that should be respected.

I hope if anyone continues to do that, in spite of agreeing not to, they will be kicked off.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: