Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:50:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Essential Affirmations: BUILDING UP WHAT WAS TORN DOWN  (Read 72118 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2017, 10:22:38 pm »

Essential Affirmation

NOW, BECAUSE OF THE BLOOD, SIN IS POWERLESS TO SEPARATE ME FROM GOD FOR EVEN ONE MOMENT.

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2017, 11:27:51 pm »

Essential Affirmation

IN MY FATHER'S EYES I AM ALTOGETHER BEAUTIFUL AND THERE IS NO BLEMISH IN ME.

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2017, 09:00:32 pm »

FALSE DEPICTIONS OF JESUS

Quite harmfully, Jesus is portrayed by some church leaders as our judge and condemner. If that is true, then the Word of God erroneously calls him our Advocate and sympathetic High Priest, who is full of tender mercies and lovingkindness toward us.  He is also painted as one who keeps an inventory of our every sin to count and stack up against us somehow.  If this is the case, then it would be fictional that he died to take away those sins.  These same churches also show him as keeping his distance toward us until we get in line (with what they may say God requires).  If that is so, then the Bible is false in saying that only through the Blood of Jesus may we approach his Throne of Grace.  Sadly, this is pretty much how Jesus was portrayed to me in GCx.

Below are very essential affirmations to keep our image of Jesus TRUE, according to God's Word, so that you know you are cleansed as a believer to approach Him and receive his love and help at any time.

JESUS IS MY HIGH PRIEST WHO FOREVER MAKES ME HOLY THROUGH HIS BLOOD, NOT MY WORKS.

JESUS' PROMISE OF ETERNAL LIFE TO ME IS UNCHANGING.

GOD DOES NOT COUNT MY SINS AGAINST ME BECUASE HE ALREADY COUNTED THEM AGAINST JESUS.

MY CONSCIENCE CANNOT BE CLEANSED BY GOOD WORKS, ONLY BY HIS BLOOD.

JESUS NOW SERVES IN THE MOST HIGH SANCTUARY TO SPRINKLE ME WITH HIS BLOOD CONTINUALLY!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 06:43:40 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2017, 09:43:02 am »

TRUTH ABOUT JESUS

Here is Jesus speaking about himself to us:

"Are you tired?  Worn out?  Burned out on religion?  Come to me.  Get away with Me and you'll recover your life.  I'll show you how to take a real rest.  Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it.  Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.  I won't lay anything heavy or I'll-fitting on you.. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

--Matthew 11:28   The Message   bold emphasis mine

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:45:19 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2017, 10:06:18 am »

TRUTH ABOUT US

Jesus is never bored or impatient with us.  His LOVE for us has NEVER wavered.  He is faithful even when we are faithless (based on 2 Timothy 2:13).

ESSENTIAL AFFIRMATION

ALL MY IMPERFECTIONS ARE FOREVER PURIFIED BY HIS PERFECT BLOOD.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 06:45:11 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2017, 09:07:34 am »

Essential Truth About Us

1st John has wonderful and uplifting absolute truths about us to set us in our lofty place and keep us secure above the mire of lies that attempts to bring us down.  Let's meditate on these instead of our own wavering performance.

ESSENTIAL AFFIRMATIONS

I AM IN THE LIGHT BECAUSE GOD IS LIGHT AND I AM IN HIM.

I AM PURIFIED FROM ALL SIN BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS.

I HAVE A DEFENDER WHO SPEAKS TO THE FATHER ON MY BEHALF WHENEVER I SIN.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:11:18 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2017, 05:23:28 pm »

Very Essential Truth About You

I hail what pastor and teacher Robert Morris said to his Houston church congregation in his series titled "Amazing Grace".  This may have been the case for many of us in GCX.  Or still is the case because of GCX's false persuasion.  Listen intently to his profound insight on the effect of not fully understanding true grace.

"Do you know why many believers don't rejoice during our time of worship?

Because they are still looking for favor with God.

And I'm telling you, you found it" when you first believed.

Essential Affirmation

YOU ARE NOW AND FOREVER HIGHLY FAVORED IN THE ONE HE LOVES.

That is one of many things that are SO amazing about God's Grace.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 06:35:13 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2019, 06:12:53 pm »

I’ll MEET You THERE

For the last twenty-some years God has been repeating a very important message to me.  It’s a heavenly telegram I receive in all caps.  To the point and very simple.  That I have relationship with him through grace alone. I do not have to be good or spiritual enough. When at first I listen and receive, it calms my fears, and restores my hopes.  I go on with my eyes fixed on Jesus, for awhile.  Then, because of messages I heard from other sources including and especially my old GCx Church (I was in for more than a decade), I drift back to old ways of trusting in my own righteousness.  This was very much the way to godliness via GCx leaders’ commands.  I idle back to trying to please God through my own works once again and I inevitably fail miserably.  I become so disappointed and angry with myself.  The heavenly truth I received takes a back seat.  In fact, I almost involuntarily imagine I must have heard wrong.  It can’t be that simple.

This same truth has been shared by God to me over and over again in many ways.  Through Scriptures, good preaching, bible studies, and especially my sweet husband.  Each time I take hold of it for a while I feel and experience freedom from bondage of habitual sin.  I am delighted with Him. Then, you guessed it, a slightly different message is heard from well-meaning but incorrect sources.  I focus on this new box to check off.  Atleast for me, those boxes don’t work because I get my focus off grace and away from Jesus. And, old messages from hundreds of erroneous GCx teachings I heard creep into my mind. Disappointment in myself again.  The primary underlying message so many of us heard in GCx is that WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH YET, including implying that some leaders were good enough.  Remember the old saying from McCotter and others “You must be with us lock, stock, and barrel!” Interpretation: You must give up your friends, family, careers, hobbies, love interests, education and Follow US to be good enough. If you wanted to give just what Jesus was calling you to do somewhere else you were NOT celebrated.  

Anyhow, again God highlighted his crucial message of trusting in grace alone again this week because I sure need reminding.  I was listening to a teaching about the women surrounding Jesus at the time of his death on “LIVING PROOF” (Bible teaching conferences, etc. on television taught by Beth Moore). She was explaining how Mary Magdalene came to the tomb where they laid Jesus. Perhaps she was the one that needed to see this divine scene most because of her former reputation and real life as demon-possessed.  Remember how Jesus said of her, “He who is forgiven MUCH, LOVES MUCH.”  Perhaps she needed to be assured again of her forgiveness before her close friend Jesus left the earth.  She’s crying outside the empty tomb and looks in.  Scene: likely a tabled limestone slab, with both Jesus’ blood stained body wrap and his blood soaked facecloth laid on top of the slab.  Two angels dressed in blinding white sitting at each end of the slab, one at the head and one at the foot. Beth Moore explained how many Old Testament scenes were shadows of things to come.  This would include the set up of the Temple and it’s contents. Then, when she quoted the scene and words in Exodus 25:22 I gasped! There was that paramount message again newly shown in what Mary saw in the tomb. It was the same scene that was hammered out in pure gold to cover the ark!  Two angels facing the slab they were seated on.  This was the atonement cover!  Listen to what the O.T. verse says: THERE I will MEET with YOU; and from above the MERCY SEAT, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, I will SPEAK TO YOU about all that I will give you...”.  That’s where we commune with God, not in our own righteousness, but in his mercy. He meets with us at the Mercy Seat, the Throne of Grace!  I even love how even the original temple’s name was the Tent of Meeting.  After taking in this setting, Mary then saw Jesus after he spoke her name. What familiarity and compassion must have come in his greeting.

Of course God is telling this to Moses under the Old Covenant.  Through Jesus’ death and resurrection we are under a NEW Covenant, one where God calls us priests who are to come meet with Him.  Where?  Hebrews 4:16 tells us “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”  This is such wonderful confirmation that our approach to God is ALWAYS in His MERCY!  As we meditate upon his mercy toward us, it preciously draws us near to commune with him.

ESSENTIAL AFFIRMATIONS

THE BLOOD OF JESUS CLEANSES MY CONSCIENCE TO SERVE THE LIVING GOD.

MY SIN HAS BEEN SO ENTIRELY BLOTTED OUT AND ATONED FOR THAT ITS POWER TO KEEP ME AWAY FROM GOD IS COMPLETELY AND FOREVER TAKEN AWAY.

I AM BLESSED BECAUSE GOD WILL NEVER COUNT MY SIN AGAINST ME (though other people may).

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:18:13 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2019, 08:24:57 am »

Essential Affirmation:

GOD HAS FORGIVEN ALL MY SINS AND RECEIVED ME GRACIOUSLY.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought,
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, o my soul…

(From the Hymn “It is Well with My Soul”)

You can listen and let the truth wash over you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zY5o9mP22V0

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 08:36:11 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2020, 09:12:12 am »

ESSENTIAL AFFIRMATION

Relying on my performance is weak at best, and at it’s worst is utterly disappointing and discouraging.
Relying on Christ’s performance to pay with his blood for all my weaknesses and appalling transgressions out his infinite love for me is gloriously consoling and absolutely freeing.  Thank you, our Jesus.

THE PARDONING, CLEANSING, AND SANCTIFYING POWER OF THE BLOOD BRINGS ME AUTOMATICALLY NEAR TO GOD AND PROTECTS ME.

Silly as it may be, I felt the need to motion out this truth with my hands.  Placing my hand on my head to signify Jesus’ healing of pardoning; brushing them away from my body to represent his cleansing me; and bringing my hand (palm up) upward above my head to show his sanctifying me; somehow brought tears to me especially as I pictured Jesus placing his hand upon my head as one would with an endeared child.  He SO LOVES us.  We cannot out sin his love.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 07:06:27 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2020, 08:54:04 pm »

EXPERIENCING THE DIVINE

There is nothing like encountering a sweet state of soul that you know is impossible on your own. Resting in unexplained peace when you might be agonizing in fretful worry.  That peace that securely guards your heart and your mind.  

There are so many questions, worries, and fears that can really distress us, stealing our peace. On our own we try to analyze, reason, and resolve them.  But some are beyond us.  They don’t fit into our understanding or ability.  We cannot master their pestering disturbance.  There seems to be no light in the darkness they create.  

I was struggling with such a thing recently for quite some time.  It actually felt good to literally cry to God in tears of desperation.  I had finally come to the end of my trying to “fix” it, to figure it out myself.  That morning I read Isaiah 50-52.  Verses 2 & 3 of chapter 50 described my state - not trusting God to rescue me.  Verse 4 revealed Jesus knew the exact words to encourage my weary mind.  Verse 10 was what the Lord instructed me to do.  But, verse 11 was what I had been doing - trying to illuminate the darkness with my own light, my own understanding and efforts.  I felt these divine words lovingly and faithfully corrected my fruitless reasoning.  They showed me I could continue being agonized in my mind or “tormented” if I kept trying to solve it myself.  Or I could lean on God to remedy my trouble.

Isaiah 51 started right up with someone else who might have been nagged by trying to figure it out over time. How was God going to multiply his descendants when he didn’t have even one, which likely grieved him.  He had nothing to set his hope on but faith.  Most of the time he chose to just plain believe God’s promise and got to experience the joy of trusting in the miraculous ahead.  

Next, my encouraging word from Jesus, His promise: Isaiah 51:3.  God has shown me this promise before and he did a MIRACLE as I continually claimed and believed it.  But, I had set it aside.  His promises don’t have a one application limit.  They can transform all kinds of things. Now, I needed to pick it back up and RELY FULLY upon it.  I exerted no effort in fixing anything. I only believed, and he provided shelter from the nagging worry.  He gave me peace in exchange for agony.  He lifted my darkness.  He turned my sorrow into joy.  

Impossibilities give us opportunities to EXPERIENCE THE DIVINE.

ESSENTIAL AFFIRMATION

I AM A PARTAKER OF THE DIVINE THROUGH HIS EXCEEDINGLY GREAT AND PRECIOUS PROMISES.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:53:52 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2020, 08:16:29 am »

Resting Confidently in His Righteousness

Essential Affirmations

I WHO HAVE BELIEVED HAVE ENTERED GOD’s REST, AND REST FROM MY OWN WORK TO EARN GOD’s FAVOR.

I CAN CONFIDENTLY APPROACH THE THRONE OF GRACE BECAUSE JESUS THE SON OF GOD SYMPATHIZES WITH MY WEAKNESSES.

THE RIGHTEOUS REQUIREMENTS OF THE LAW HAVE BEEN FULLY MET IN ME THROUGH CHRIST!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 06:49:36 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2020, 10:03:51 am »

ESSENTIAL AFFIRMATION

I AM WORTH WHAT GOD PAID FOR ME.

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2021, 08:29:08 pm »

Essential Affirmations of Our Righteousness
Clothe Us in His Splendor

A number of years ago I was quite discouraged about not experiencing the power to overcome some things in my day to day life.  I pleaded for God to help me because these things affected those whom I loved most.  I was basically tired of not having victory over them.  Then, I came across a familiar passage in Isaiah which God seemed to highlight over and over again to me.  But, this time it caught my amazed attention.  The intriguing passage is Isaiah 52:1-2:

Awake, awake, O Zion,
   Clothe yourself with strength,
Put on your garments of splendor,
   O Jerusalem, the holy city.
The uncircumcised and defiled
   Will not enter you again.

Shake off your dust;
   Rise up, sit enthroned, O Jerusalem.
Free yourself from the chains on your neck,
   O captive Daughter of Zion.

This statement “The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again” seemed quite the claim.  I studied those words with online bible tools to see what they could really mean.  As I investigated I was delighted with what God was showing me.  “Again” meant ‘over and over and over’ - a habitual sin.  A good example might be the woman caught in adultery, which the Pharisees apparently knew was her sinful “habit” and were waiting to catch her in order to trip Jesus up.  After all their accusational stones were dropped and they abandoned the potential pummeling scene, Jesus spoke profound words to her soul.  Instead of shaming her Jesus said to her, “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?”  She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more.”  It could very well be that Jesus didn’t give her a rule to try to keep, but a new identity which he would not condemn.  It is not that she would never sin again, but that sinfully bad habits would no longer dog her.  It seems his mercy, not the law, would empower her to overcome her habitual sin.  Even the words “from now” according to Strong’s could translate ‘because of this’ (which seems to refer to his not condemning her) she COULD sin no longer in this area.  

The true knowledge of forgiveness infuses motivation, and the knowledge of being made blameless by God instills power.  I think this is why it seems so easy to overcome sin when we are young christians because God’s forgiveness is so fresh in our minds.  It seems when we get cleaned up on the outside that we are tempted to see it as our effort instead a work of God’s.  It is easy to start relying on our own strength and lose sight of our lavish redemption.  

Those “garments of splendor” could be a cloaking of power and authority like a king in his royal robe possesses. It seems the Bible often uses it to mean divine righteousness, with which comes divine ability to overcome sin.  It seems it could also easily refer to our divinely given Robe of Righteousness.  The only robe that enables us to experience His Splendor by being like him when we choose not to sin.  Not to mention, the pure white clothes he has exchanged for all our own filthy rags which he stripped us of, in order to give us courage and hope in HIS WORK in us.

Meditating on our righteousness is a necessary piece of victorious clothing in the Armor of God.  Surely we know the breastplate of righteousness is not our own, but a divine righteousness from God.  Wearing His Righteousness ensures our defense against habitual sin.  Just as the belt of truth includes our divine identity, the truth of who we are in Christ, without which we will surely fall.  We cannot be matched against the forces of evil in our own power. What I learned most out of this portion of scripture (Is.52:1) that God highlighted to me was that I couldn't have ongoing victory without having present active faith in my righteous identity.  How simple, yet how profound!  

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 07:38:54 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2021, 08:05:59 pm »

“Right believing leads to right living” is a saying that I found in my Christian experience to be far more profound than it gets credit for.  Picturing ourselves in our minds as God’s Word says rather than what we or others might think produces a plentiful crop of good fruit.  Pondering how we really are as righteous and holy as Jesus has made us, makes us both humbled and grateful.  A perfect formula for obeying the Spirit he made to live in us.  

There is a profound Proverb where God informs us where our change begins:  “As a man THINKS within himself, so IS he.”

As I dwelt on some of the Essential Affirmations found here (on this thread) and chose to believe them I saw this principle come to life.  Many of us need to review these “right beliefs” in our minds to chase away the accusations Satan dogs us with.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 06:20:03 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2021, 07:41:24 pm »

Essential Affirmations Based on The Blood
Impart New Courage

Reminding ourselves of who we are and what God has given us imparts unstoppable power to our faith, and courage to our soul.  For years I had occasional nightmares that I was somehow back in the GCx church.  Those there pressured me someway in their strong persuasion to stay.  I thought I had left, but there I was, back in their entrapment.  This brought terror to me, and I would wake from this very bad dream and have to process for a minute the reality that I really didn’t go back.  The circumstances may have been slightly different, but always the same theme in that reoccurring scary dream.

What was REALLY interesting was that after I started deliberately saying Essential Affirmations (founded on The Blood) to myself for a period of time the nightmare turned around for the first time.  It ended completely different than before.  In it, I saw and heard myself standing up rebuking the manipulative leaders with true claims of who I was in Christ and how wrong their controlling “power” was.  I remember I woke up astonished that I was no longer a victim, but a victor in this dream.  This unbeaten twist in my dream has happened several times since.  This was only after I continually reminded my soul of who I really was by the The Blood of Christ.  I found this practice profound!

I cannot emphasize enough the power recalling The Blood of Christ has upon our soul.  It’s wiping out of our “not good enoughs” and it’s embracing acceptance of us immediately gives our soul courage and great hope (by faith).  Thank you, Jesus, for the most extravagant gift of Your Own Blood.  Praise You.  You did say, “It was poured out FOR US.”

Hallelujah!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:42:28 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2021, 08:54:35 pm »

These are based on truth from Hebrews.

Essential Affirmations

I AM PURIFIED BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST.

I AM IN GOD’s FAMILY BECAUSE HE MADE ME HOLY LIKE HE IS.  SO...JESUS IS NOT
     ASHAMED TO CALL ME BROTHER.

I WHO HAVE BELIEVED HAVE ENTERED INTO GOD’s REST, AND REST FROM MY OWN
     WORKS TO EARN GOD’s FAVOR.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:57:08 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2021, 07:56:56 pm »

Seeing Through The Lens of Grace

Sometimes during my breakfast I will watch a portion of a recorded “Pastor Robert Morris” Message. I find them very informative and often encouraging. This morning I viewed one part named “Perfectionism” which definitely caught my interest since it often bogs me down. It is from a series titled “Perfect or Perfected”. As I listened I was relieved that he taught it from the perspective of ‘grace’. In fact, he declared, “If you don’t read all of scripture through the LENS OF GRACE, you’ll never understand the Bible.” He clarified that included both Old and New Testaments. He did not say this next thing, but I’m thinking it as I write: ’And not seeing through those eyes of grace is why so many Christian Churches, Leaders, and people are stuck.’  They keep trying to be perfect, striving with an unbearable burden. They keep hoping their next sacrifice will prove their love for God so they can be assuredly happy with themselves. Or they have given up trying to “appease” a “god” who seems to view them as “not good enough yet.”

There are scriptures I have read myself where at first glance I thought, ’Well forget that one. I can’t do or be that. Let’s move on to the next verse, or next chapter’ which he states in his teaching. One of those key scriptures is “You shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect...(Matthew 5:48).” It was so refreshing to hear him share, ‘There is NO WAY to understand that except through GRACE’. He went on the explain the Greek word for “perfect” there, and where else the exact same word is used in the New Testament. A few of them were Colossians 2:10, John 17:23, Galatians 3:3, Luke 13:32. He emphatically stated, ‘If you catch this, you can stop trying to be perfect. You’ve already been made perfect in the sight of God.’ Then he concluded with the verse below.

For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

Hebrews 10:14

Essential Affirmations

I AM PERFECT IN HIM.    
(From Colossians 2:10)

BECAUSE I AM IN JESUS, AND JESUS IS IN GOD, I HAVE BEEN MADE PERFECT.
(From John 17:23)

I AM PERFECTED IN THE SPIRIT, NOT IN THE FLESH.  
(Galatians 3:3)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 08:05:44 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2021, 01:37:54 pm »

X
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 02:54:34 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2021, 02:29:41 pm »

Vince, this particular subforum is a no-arguments forum. Your post here is inappropriate.

I could say so much in defense of Janet, who more than anyone else here has posted praise after praise of our Savior. But in the spirit of not arguing in the healing forum, I'll let it go.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: