Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:31:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 22257 times)
Huldah
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 05:03:10 pm »

I haven't been at the forum long, so I don't really know much about you, but here are my thoughts. These are only my thoughts, not an attempt to pressure you in any way.

Maybe it would help to picture yourself still at GCx in fifteen years.

Will things be any different then, based on the direction they're heading right now? (I'm not ruling out the possibility that God could intervene to change hearts there, but we both know it's by no means a given.) If things aren't different, will you feel that those fifteen years were worthwhile?
When you look back at fifteen years of biting your tongue in the face of so much error, will you believe that this was God's best and highest calling
for you? You said you feel called to exercise patience right now, so please don't think I'm trying argue you into action. I'm just sharing my own way of looking at it.

You don't want to undermine them deceitfully (and I'm glad you don't), but you don't feel free to speak out openly, either. In my observation, when we fail to speak out against error or injustice, the people around us interpret our silence as approval. The leadership can't see your heart. Is it possible that they actually consider you their ally in error?  Sometimes it's a bit of a shock to find out what people are reading into our actions (or lack thereof).

When I left Solid Rock, I thought my spiritual life was over. I was useless and a failure, and I'd never find such pure fellowship again. How wrong I
was. God has blessed me since then with some wonderful friends, as well as many rich experiences and some totally unexpected ways of serving Him. I'm not trying to downplay the fact that I've also had serious struggles and times of loneliness as well. It's just that he has proven Himself faithful in spite of my many failures. I thought I was leaving everything behind when I left Solid Rock, but then I found that there was a whole world beyond SR, and that God is very much present here "on the outside".

Again, these are just my personal thoughts on the matter.
theresearchpersona
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 03:10:45 am »

thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: