Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:18:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Karma  (Read 6342 times)
Ghost
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: May 02, 2019, 06:06:10 pm »

I have not posted in awhile...just observed.......kind of like karma...reminds me of messages i sent to Joan Harris...Lyn Newman...Brent Knox and Evergreen Board of Trustees..... (Yes. I was saying all along how i was treated by mark darling and evergreen church and the things i seen going on and marks preoccupation with the single women of the church and i made a complaint against Mark Darling to Brent Knox in 1991 and i was kicked out of the church and in 2009 posted on the decommissioned forum and included where Mark Darling hanging all over young single girls in the church.  I had some suspicions of his motivation and demeanor in doing so.  I had no personal knowledge that there was abuse taken place.  In light of events surfaced.  This shows a history. A pattern of a pastor. A church.  In the wrong. There were warning signs. People knew. The right people knew.  They just simply hid what they new.  Now they claim 5,000 Voices outweigh the minority detractors who's lies are trying to bring down and destroy a family.  A church.   Yes we the few detractor victims will bring your walls down and you will walk in the ruins of your own destruction and chaos and mayhem you created and thrived on. Barry Day )..this sent on Oct. 15,2018 along with 30 other E-mails...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 06:42:30 pm by Ghost » Logged
Ghost

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 06:47:26 pm »

( If you take notice on the De-commisioned Forum i only posted there 4 times from sept. 1st. To sept. 4.2009   Just to get off my chest what i had been keeping inside for so long...just to feel vindicated..because myself a victim had been accused of something by a pastor and a church  why..what in gods green earth is their motivation...control freaks..trying to control peoples lives..feelings..emotions   this has effects on people..psychologically..mentally..long lasting effects..people question their own worth in life..just let people live their own lives..make their own decisions..as they see fit..the Mark Darlings of the world..people don't worship you..you are not a prophet..a messiah..you are indeed delusional..paranoid..visions of  being a disciple..a modern day prophet..no you are just someone from Ames..Iowa  a pinball wizard..who"s claim to fame was the purveyor of the galaxy  at Zap Arcade..no more..no less..humble beginnings to a rise of a self ordained messiah who set the world on fire...sorry Mark..you are not all that..time for a reality check and a time of accountability for your deeds and actions in the present time and near past..that is your Reckoning..)  Barry Day
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 10:08:35 pm by Ghost » Logged
Ghost

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 06:50:08 pm »

”i met with Brent Knox about MD obsessive behavior and endearment to single young woman and some married women in the church and how i was treated..did not know what shunned meant...Brent asked if i wish to meet with him and MD together and talk about things..i said no..i feel it would not make a difference...I did meet with Brent and talked about things..kind of went  no where...Brent said he would talk to MD and get back to me..the next week he said they both would like me to leave the church..”
Ghost

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 06:52:26 pm »

When i met with Brent..he asked if i also wish to meet with Mark...I said no..I know his disposition already...Brent said he would have a sit down with Mark..then discuss things..then get back with me...week later Brent called me and said he talked with Mark..said hes a tough nut to crack...not listen to reason..Brent hesitate and pause a lot..just like when i met with him..between a rock and a hard place...he said sorry for how i was treated and said he is counseling Mark on the things i brought up and hopefully there we will be positive changes in his behavior..said they both thought it best i leave the church..and wished me the best of luck...within a week..i moved back to my hometown of Columbus..Ohio   from Minnesota...just to put my life back together again...and heal....at the time...it was just something i am dealing with in life......for me i wondered if there were things going on sexually with these girls..but only seen his attention given to them..super long conversations..seemingly blocking others close by out..looks..hugs and adoration..this was evident...and how i my self was treated by him...everyone seen his actions and attention given these young ladies by Mark Darling and for Brent he knew but seemed to think not much there...but that was only in the public eye...but internally..could not stop Mark...and yes ..even in that...he was deeply aware of all...Brent is very smart and see's all..
Ghost

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 06:53:48 pm »

I met with Brent Knox in 1991 concerning  the behavior and pre occupation of Mark Darling  with young single and married girls in the church..going on for 3 years according to my observation...Natalie..Julie..Penney..Suzzanne and others......that's when i was asked to leave the church..that pre dates  the earlier time line of Mark Bowen by 10 years...this info given to investigator Joan Harris.....so a longer period of cover up and deception....i was still in the church involved with many areas of ministry but i was shunned..not knowing what that meant....how ironic of a situation could that be...having Mark Darling personally single me out..i think maybe a jealousy thing going on...i taught Voyagers kids club...Yea..I was the guy who did the cookie kindness thing..baked 100 cookies every monday for new life for 3 years...took on Singles club coordinator for 1 year because nobody wanted it....served cookies and punch after church..you know the nice freindly guy...full of compassion..love..kindness..goodness....all the girls would say have a Beary Nice Day..Barry Day...yea..I had a big problem...handsome..athletic...but no wife and Mark Darling told all leaders and pretty single girls stay away from me..I was to be shunned...don't talk to me.....this led to so many awkward situations as you can imagine....my post from 2009 are still here under Barry...this further documentation of the truth and establishes another perspective and timeline...not only Mark Darling target the young ladies in the church but also his competition in his twisted mind...yes..I am also a victim..Sad to say..of the Cult..The Church known as Evergreen.
Ghost

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 06:57:52 pm »

MD you have been called out...Shamed..Dis Honored..Dis Graced....why be so Arrogant...just go away...take the money and run.....no one wants to hear your version of the Me and The Messiah....How can you be so Callous..Delusional.....You just don't get it...you and your Leather Jacket...you do not represent anything good in life..go back to Iowa..just get on 35 S. and go til you see the border..buy a scenic farm..a house with a porch...then just sit on the porch swing....you just enjoy life with your wife and grand children....you never had a Time..it has never been about you....just be thankful and blessed and let things fade away..
Ghost

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 06:58:52 pm »

For some it is a matter of not admitting or denying things in your life,but a realization you have made mistakes along the way,out of this you grew a stronger person, a more loving,compassionate person along the way, just keep praying to our Lord in Heaven for guidance,wisdom and knowledge and the ability to distinguish between right and wrong in life,then you will blossom and grow,then you may find happiness in life
Ghost

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 07:00:21 pm »

2 Corinthians 11:13-15    For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.   

Revelations 2:2   I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot tolerate evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them to be false

No matter how twisted the teaching, no matter how publicly shamed the church may feel over the exposé of an unethical leader, no matter how dark the days become, no matter how helpless we may feel in guarding gospel doctrine and preserving gospel-worthy lives, we have this great sustaining hope: Jesus knows how to rescue the godly.
Ghost

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 07:02:15 pm »

Dear Heavenly father ..our lord and savior..who art in heaven..we pray for healing..atonement..we ask all in your name......He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds......'Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them; and I will reveal to them an abundance of peace and truth...praises to you father...But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness....Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.............Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Ghost

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 07:04:15 pm »

Ezeikel 26:16      All the princes of the sea will descend from their thrones, remove their robes, and strip off their embroidered garments. Clothed with terror, they will sit on the ground, trembling every moment, appalled over you..............as to have read the written biblical word one need to understand it..comprehend it..for it alone is the word of god..so i will translate it for you and as to the historical and biblical perspective..........Ezekiel 26:16   you who are arrogant and self righteous and act as if you are a godly prince of wealth and fame..there is no fortification (defense) when the judgement of god is upon you..you will be stripped of your status and you will never be great again and will sit in a state of shame and disgrace ..your grief  will be so great..you cry and cry..for you have been broken..and you will walk in the ruins of your own destruction...
Ghost

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 07:05:56 pm »

I was A member Of Evergreen Community Church from 1988-1991..Bloomington,Mn..Posted under my real name...Barry....I was relentless I asked A lot of girls out from the church..you have to get to know some one .spend time with them..(Mark Darling was always hanging all over the pretty girls)..A many a time I was used as an example on his singles group ramblings and recordings..he just did not use my name specifically..yes..GCC is A Cult......I was A member of Evergreen..saying no to me was of little concern..did not deter me..If they said no..There was a lot of secret dating that went on..everyone knew..even some of my interests..people would tell me..she is secretly seeing so and so...now that i realize things ...a lot of concepts and ideaology seems to be taken from the  Mormon Church as Having watched  the show  Big Love on HBO.....Hurt...when everyone knows every detail in your past...area's you have failed in life..your past romances..you open up in a small group to 8 to 10 people in confidence..or your household room mates..it's like telling the whole church..because pretty soon everyone knows..gossip..Idle Chatter..or trusted friends reporting regular to their Elders..pretty soon you feel betrayed..and wish you would have never opened up and just left your closet door shut...some people..maybe for their own good should have kept those things inside...But I know when I taught Children there was a genuine love and nurturing..because they are innocent..having not faced heartache,turmoil,addictions,anxiety,depression and stress of everyday life..So thats what we should strive to be ...Innocent....because Guilt and having a Conscience is our biggest obstacle in Life..as for me I feel i'm innocent and free of sin..always giving of myself,sacrifices great and small..and to make a difference in peoples lives..for me my greatest Glory would to be with  Heavenly Angel's in a greater realm of Life..My greatest humility and serving would be to wash the feet of Jesus Christ and anoint them with Oil.........I did not really care what people thought of me..but that one area..wanting to date and Marry..it caused me a lot of grief...to hear that girls in the Church  were told to avoid me..that was a deeply negative  issue for me..on the other hand a lot of accolades for the things i did and the person i was..People told me i was the nicest guy in the world..when i exposed personal things..people were dissapointed..they said they thought i had it all together..but thats cool ,they would say..i'm glad you opened up..I felt exposed..even though i felt invincible..because everyone knew all my faults and weaknesses ..I did not grow..this in fact..after a while took a toll on my spirit and who i was...Maybe the problem was with me..I dont know..but I reached out..but no one took my hand..to tell me i was loved and to show me the way home..i met with Brent Knox about MD obsessive behavior and endearment to single young woman and some married women in the church and how i was treated..did not know what shunned meant...Brent asked if i wish to meet with him and MD together and talk about things..i said no..i feel it would not make a difference...I did meet with Brent and talked about things..kind of went know where...Brent said he would talk to MD and get back to me..the next week he said they both would like me to leave the church..so i did and did not look back...until later..my Post are here under   Barry...this is a documentation...and yes confirms suspicions..only the truth )....This Posted in De-Commissioned in 2009
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 07:09:11 pm by Ghost » Logged
Ghost

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 11:52:35 pm »

Brent took everything in stride. Thanked me for sharing my concerns with him. He and i knew marks disposition. Just said he would talk to Mark. Then asked if i liked to sit down together with him and Mark and discuss things.  I said no. I know how Mark is. Ok he said he would talk to Mark and get back to me. Called me the next week and said him and Mark thought i should move on.  So the next week i moved back to my home town of Columbus.. Ohio and just tried to put everything behind me.. but i missed so many people who had become close freinds.  A lot of tears cried. But i knew it was best for me to leave Evergreen Church where i felt i invested 3 years of my life..I was spiritually and mentally broken and took time to heal.  Sadness for awhile. Hurt.  And i asked myself how come i was not to have a wife or gf at Evergreen.  In my mind any one 20 different ladies could of have been a good wife for me.  And i blamed Mark. And asked myself why. What did i do wrong. Except tried to hard. I think i made everyone cookies. Because i was a good baker. Made home made cookies for 3 years straight. Always sugar and chocolate chip cookies for new life every week without fail.  Would make for care group.  My voyagers kids club i taught. I believed in cookie kindness as i said.  Was not i a worthy enough person. Girls said i was handsome. Nicest guy in the world they said. Athletic. They always said. Have a Beary Nice Day....Barry Day..then i thought Mark has a nice wife.. family. Why did he tell the single girls avoid me and why he always talking on the side with so many attractive single girls. Natalie. Nikki. Penny. Julie. . Never really new why. Just seemed suspicious and Brent did not help when i sought him out. Just said better for me to leave this setting. Brent always paused and thought what he would say as not to inadvertantly say something damaging ever to the church or church doctrine. Sad to say.
Linda

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 08:31:49 am »

No matter how twisted the teaching, no matter how publicly shamed the church may feel over the exposé of an unethical leader, no matter how dark the days become, no matter how helpless we may feel in guarding gospel doctrine and preserving gospel-worthy lives, we have this great sustaining hope: Jesus knows how to rescue the godly.

I really like these words of hope, Ghost.

I am sorry that your church told you to leave and caused you to feel rejected.

I am sorry you were not listened to when you went to leadership with your concerns.

You were not the only one with these concerns and much heartache could have been avoided on so many levels if leadership had acted.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2019, 02:15:27 pm »

Ghost, it does sound like you were treated very unfairly. I hope that God will make up to you for the years the locust has eaten.
BS Truth
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2020, 05:46:35 pm »

nothing but the truth
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: