Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:28:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jealousy  (Read 7089 times)
theresearchpersona
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: April 05, 2008, 11:11:43 pm »

Did you guys ever notice leadership interfering/destroying developing relationships between a pair out of jealousy?
wastedyearsthere
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 06:29:00 am »

I don't know what the motives were

But I do know of a man that was talked out of marrying a person from the Elders because the girl was not in the dorms enough evangelizing!!
Left
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:24:51 pm »

a lot of the girls who had been at the church for a long time would tell new girls that some guys were "off limits."  When a guy started pursuing a girl, some of them would make her feel uncomfortable or start monopolizing the  guy's time.
this happened frequently among the few older, single men and women.  whenever i would try to bring it up, there would be denial about it.  some times there would issues brought up like the girl not dressing appropriately or acting flirty, etc.  it was all just gossip.  the pastor would turn a blind eye and make the girl feel like it was her problem.
 it was very immature and high schoolish.
markwilium
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 01:08:19 am »

Not yet .I want to say not faced yet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: