Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:08:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Family of Three Commit Suicide Over Election Results  (Read 415 times)
Ned_Flanders
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« on: February 07, 2023, 06:26:10 am »

https://www.businessinsider.com/family-found-dead-suicide-pact-were-hell-bent-trump-winning-2023-2?amp&fbclid=IwAR2HhNr-jIepXCIV8N2gJWcZoDIZtS4Eg18xhv-Dcve2ihw27-Ft_IEQYT0

I'm not posting this story to discuss politics, as I know people of various political parties have done extreme things when they don't get the election results that they want.  But I'm sharing this because the family sounds like people who would have been right at home in GCx... and maybe they were even members at some point, who knows.  Reading that the daughter was very meek, not allowed to date, and often had others speak for her all sounds very familiar.  If there is any good news from this tragedy, it is that the young woman is finally free from the people who sought to control everything about her life, and she can now find peace in Jesus, and a freedom she could never attain on this earth.  

Sadly, this is not the first time I've heard of a Christian committing suicide because they couldn't deal with the world they were living in.  And this was back in the 1980s... which all seems so tame compared to this world now.  

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 04:44:22 am by Ned_Flanders » Logged
Huldah
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 07:28:16 pm »

It's a terribly sad story. I, too, hope the young woman in question is at peace now. Obviously the family fell prey to some horrible deceitful ideas, somewhere along the way. And yes, the world is a much scarier place than it was in the 80s or even just a decade ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: