Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:43:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeling frustrated  (Read 5238 times)
Differentstrokes
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« on: June 06, 2016, 01:41:43 pm »

So recently a friend of mine posted a picture of the new rock leaders, and it really bothered me because it's the younger generation of the same leaders as when I was there..... Pastors children, and those who kissed ass and were friends with the right people. At least one them is a former roommate whom I know is not qualified to be in charge of any young Christians.... It just makes me angry how they Pass over the less popular people, who may be more qualified and just need an opportunity, while if you have the right last name, or spend enough time kissing up to the pastors families you get rocketed straight into q leadership
Role...
Hope
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 05:29:12 pm »

One thing I learned when it came to raising up new leaders....it was never about qualifications to be a leader. I was disappointed at first, but then I realized that it was predictable.

They can make anyone a leader, especially if they know those people will listen to everything they say. I would say they are trying to make their legacy live on after other leaders move on or have different things in front of them. I dodged a bullet never being a leader.
margaret
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 05:09:23 am »

Yeah, it seems to be how well can you replicate your pastor's life in yours that qualifies you to be "raised up." Become his clone, and you're in!
pvitartas
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 12:25:11 pm »

I agree.  Moreover, as I recall, two were raised up having barely attained the age of 20.  But, you know, "let no one look down on your youthfulness."
theresearchpersona
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 02:01:09 am »

I agree.  Moreover, as I recall, two were raised up having barely attained the age of 20.  But, you know, "let no one look down on your youthfulness."

Which, of course, were words to a prophet condemning false teachings...

But the requirements to be "aged" (often the place you see "elder" in leadership qualifications of the Bible itself) is rationalized away by the "faithful conservatives" in the same way they criticize liberals' handling of passages on homosexuality.

I sweated, teared, and prayed for those they were potentially damning for misleading sheep because of their youth. It's Jesus, after all, who gives the great threat that it would be better to be dumped into the water with a millstone around your neck than mislead one of his sheep.

Terror of misteaching and misleading is a gift of God to godly pastors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: