Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 17, 2024, 09:52:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fusion Conference 2023  (Read 2990 times)
LostCreature3
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« on: January 19, 2023, 12:04:10 pm »

Anyone else listen to any of the new Fusion Midwest Conference sessions (https://fusionmidwest.com/archive/)?

For those that are unaware, Fusion is the new Faithwalkers (since 2020).
Already, I've heard so many bad takes in these sessions.

From favorable mentioning of Ravi Zacharias (without mention of his confirmed scandal), to COVID misinformation, and slander towards those critical of their churches.

GCX 2.0 is in full swing, just with a different name.

What are your thoughts?
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 10:38:25 pm »

Thank you, LostCreature, for pointing out this Fusion Conference of the Midwest Region! It is important to understand the amount of “fusion” with the former “denomination GCAC” that is going on with these rebranded groups. Thanks for also informing us of some of the content.

I did listen to nearly all of the recorded session ”What is C1 Network?” I found the historic outline of GCM quite laughable. The description couldn’t have been any more vague. His timeline glossed over a number of gaping holes. There were deceptive reasons for various events like the Weakness Paper and the dissolution of GCAC in 2020. Explaining the criticism of GCx being cult-like (or “a cult” the speaker said) in the 80’s; with criticism later being “resolved” with membership into ECFA and NAE. Concluding that GCAC had “completed it’s task,” a new organization needed to be formed to “more effectively” (in my words - Do the same thing).

Basically, C1 Network seems to be removing any biblical accountability for doctrinal error; and any responsibility for “crisis” (I think that translates as “obeying God in rebuking false teaching”). Could it be they want to be paid for spiritual coaching without any of the blame for misguiding? Wouldn’t be too much different from what they’ve been getting away with for decades. I imagine they can claim hundreds as “independent clients” who are already leaders in ‘used to be’ GCx churches and college groups; and who were appointed by GCx leadership down-the-line from a corrupt founder. I recall many of these same C1 Network Leaders deceptively claimed churches in GCx were independent for many years when indeed they were not.

Personally, I believe that God is not IN this C1Network endeavor. I honestly think these future clients are better off seeking God on their own than getting advice from people who failed miserably at “making disciples.” They made slaves to do their bidding. The Scriptures would clearly call these leaders Blind Guides. And we know what God’s Word says will happen to those who follow them.

Disregard them! They are blind guides.
If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

Matthew 15:14

« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 08:50:13 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
LostCreature3

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 06:31:04 am »

I did listen to nearly all of the recorded session ”What is C1 Network?” I found the historic outline of GCM quite laughable. The description couldn’t have been anymore vague. His timeline glossed over a number of gaping holes. There were deceptive reasons for various events like the Weakness Paper and the dissolution of GCAC in 2020. Explaining the criticism of GCx being cult-like (or “a cult” the speaker said) in the 80’s; with criticism later being “resolved” with membership into ECFA and NAE. Concluding that GCAC had “completed it’s task,” a new organization needed to be formed to “more effectively” (in my words - Do the same thing).

To be clear, that is a recorded session from last year (2022).
There has been no mention of C1 Network in any of the sessions from this year (2023) that I've heard so far.
Not really sure what that means, but it seems odd that they don't give any updates or anything related to it.
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 08:36:06 am »

Thanks for letting us know. Agree, interesting they didn’t even mention C1 Network of Churches.

I did find this on Faithwalkers Conference, December 2022 at YMCA Camp in North Carolina. Thought it odd it was for kids. The very bottom of the page says this: “The Faithwalkers Conference is administered by Tom Short Campus Ministries.”

https://faithwalkersconference.com/

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
LostCreature3

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 09:35:23 am »

I did find this on Faithwalkers Conference, December 2022 at YMCA Camp in North Carolina. Thought it odd it was for kids. The very bottom of the page says this: “The Faithwalkers Conference is administered by Tom Short Campus Ministries.”

I am a bit confused, myself. I thought Tom Short was a part of the new Fusion conference and the C1 Network. This seems like a separate thing entirely. Most, if not all of, the speakers don't seem to be former GCx (unless I missed a name) and seem to be more associated with those directly involved in Tom Short's campus ministry.

Is this an indication of another split within GCx 2.0 or is it just a side venture?
They do take place on separate weeks (Faithwalkers in December and Fusion in January), so, one could technically go to both conferences if they so wished.

It is really confusing...but maybe that's the point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: