Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:01:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Commission Churches in a Nutshell?  (Read 10519 times)
Linda
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2021, 05:39:56 pm »

Jim is free to come here any time he wants and have a back and forth with anyone who chooses to to engage in a discussion with him.

I'm sure he is well aware of this site and if he's not, you should be sure and tell him.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 12:00:25 pm »

SHAME ON ABUSIVE CHRISTIAN LEADERS
Who Scatter The Sheep

“Woe to the shepherds (civil leaders, rulers) who are destroying and scattering the sheep of My pasture!” says the LORD. 2Therefore thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, in regard to the shepherds who care for and feed My people: “You have scattered My flock and driven them away, and have not attended to them; hear this, I am about to visit and attend to you for the evil of your deeds,” says the LORD. 3”Then I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all the countries to which I have driven them and bring them back to their folds and pastures; and they will be fruitful and multiply. 4I will set up shepherds over them who will feed them. And they will not be afraid any longer, nor be terrified, nor will any be missing,” says the LORD.

OR

Behold, I am against those who have prophesied false dreams,” declares the LORD, “and reported them and led My people astray by their lies and reckless boasting; yet I did not send them nor command them, nor do they provide this people the slightest benefit,” declares the LORD.

OR

Doom to the shepherd-leaders who butcher and scatter my sheep!” God’s Decree. “So here is what I, God, Israel’s God, say to the shepherd-leaders who misled my people: ‘You’ve scattered my sheep. You’ve driven them off. You haven’t kept your eye on them. Well, let me tell you, I’m keeping my eye on you, keeping track of your criminal behavior. I’ll take over and gather what’s left of my sheep, gather them in from all the lands where I’ve driven them. I’ll bring them back where they belong, and they’ll recover and flourish. I’ll set shepherd-leaders over them who will take good care of them. They won’t live in fear or panic anymore. All the lost sheep rounded up!’ God’s Decree.

Jeremiah 23:1-4
Amplified, NASB, The Message

« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 12:07:12 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Therese
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2023, 01:14:20 pm »

The basics of their false teachings are:

1. The number one, and most disturbing (IMO), falsehood is that "Unity trumps truth." In other words, staying loyal to the denomination and your fellow church members is more important than adhering to Scriptural truth.

2. You must commit to the denomination for life. Anything else is settling for a lesser Christian experience, at best, and betrayal at worst. Once God has placed you into a GC church, you aren't free to leave without the elders' approval. (You may not be told about this teaching until after you've joined. In my case, I was never warned or asked. I was simply told, after I joined, that I was no longer free to leave unless I was excommunicated.)

3. You must yield to the judgment of the pastor(s)/elder(s) in personal life decisions, because God has placed them over you. The pastor is the "husband" of the congregation, and the congregation must submit to him as a wife submits to her husband. (Notice the subtle idolatry here. Scripturally, it is the Lord Jesus Christ, not the pastor, who is the husband of the church.)

All these statements that GCx lived by are from Satan.

It's so deceptive that they don't tell people from the start that they aren't allowed to leave without the elders' approval.  If they did, most people wouldn't even get involved with the GCx cult.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: