Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:19:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hometown Church attenders need to read this  (Read 2238 times)
WoodBern82
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« on: May 12, 2020, 09:18:18 pm »

If you are aware of the history with ECC (Evergreen) the latest big event is the name change to Hometown Church.  Having given this church more than 10 years of my life I just have to offer up the following simple request to those who still attend and went through the Mark Darling years.

Do this:  Go to a small group leader first and ask the simple question.  "Have any churches in Great Commission Churches network broken away over the recent events related to Mark Darling?"  If they do not know or answer no... now ask... "What about the Mountain Region.... did some or many of them morph into M28 Alliance or Lift Network of churches?  In this forum here find a thread :  M28 Alliance dated October 8, 2019 and read the details.  If not happy with the answer then go to deacons (do they even have those any longer) and then ask Pastors.  Expect a run around of crap from the Pastors... most of them I would say.  Show them on the national website  http://gccweb.org/about/find-a-church/    that it has nothing for Colorado for example where a number of them jumped over to M28 Alliance   https://www.m28alliance.com/churches/    Look at both websites and see just for this state alone you have a schism.  I don't know for sure if all of them are PRO Mark Darling but would not be surprised if they are.  BTW  Darling was guilty of key parts of the investigation.  He blew that all on his own.  I don't seek to be divisive only truthful and the big gaping whole with Evergreen has been to conceal any bad news and not be completely upfront. 
One last question to ask Brent Knox....  How much money was spent on changing the name to Hometown Church? 
Linda
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 09:49:02 am »

Welcome to the forum, WoodBern82.

Your reference to the ongoing rebranding of GCx churches/groups with the reference to M28 reminded me of something I stumbled upon a few months ago. If you go to the old "Mountains West Region Great Commission" web page, ( mwrgc.org ), lo and behold, you find yourself on the M28 Alliance web page. Same men. Different name. Same old web page. Here's the link.

https://www.mwrgc.org/mwr-directors/
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:50:51 am by Linda » Logged

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: