Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:23:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many is enough, GC?  (Read 7896 times)
sistanchrist
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« on: March 24, 2007, 08:23:37 am »

One thing that I am really liking about the new forum format is that there is a count of how many people are registered not just the number of site hits.  I would hope that GC churches would realize that this is a few more then two or three disgruntled people who have a complaint about some non-issue and take action to correct the problems. I would hope that even one person come to an elder with the claims that we have made would cause at least an investigation.  I know I am dreaming and it is probably past my bed time and I might be slightly delirious, but wouldn't as of this post 32 people cause a stir in an organization that was at all healthy.
puff of purple smoke
Administrator
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 08:32:36 am »

I don't know how representative that number is. Some of them are pro-GCers, but also, there's a lot of drive-by posters who wrote comments on the old de-comm and then never returned. Some of those testimonies are in the "Hellos and testimonies" forum. SChase, syrex314, Inigo Montoya, Liz, GCN2Timer, etc. Some of these people might be registered, but I think most of them never returned after their initial posts. Oh, and whatever happened to mamie? Also, the number doesn't figure into it the lurkers. I also probably know about 20 more people with similar stories that I've only talked to through email or in real life. In time, once the forum gets onto the search engines, I think we'll see the number grow significantly.
sistanchrist
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 08:34:49 am »

all the more, HOW Many is enough?
jehu
Administrator
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 08:33:20 am »

ICC loses 4 out of 5 members, and that isn't enough.
ScottChase
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 09:54:39 pm »

Hey I am still around just havent had anything to add lately.
GD

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 11:19:32 am »

I'm still around too. (formerly posted as GCM2Timer)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 06:33:06 pm »

One is one too many, and two are grounds for confronting the leader, and if he show no signs of real repentance, taking it to the church.  Of course, GCx leaders blocked that effective step by sinfully slandering those whistleblowers’ Christian walk and their reputation.  This was McCotter’s means of dealing with those who rightly called him out.  Many GCx leaders carried on that practice (well after McCotter left) to the present.  If you are a member of a church that was under GCx and is still under it’s former leadership you likely have been told it is sinfully disloyal to read here, and that we are sinful to write here.  That is a definite red flag of a very unhealthy church.

Numerous members have taken their concerns of sinful “lording”, manipulation through twisting scripture, holding captive through unbiblical fear, slandering of other’s repuatations, persuasion to surrender all to your church, rebuking for legalistic failings, and condemnation of those who publically speak the truth of abusive wrongs. Members have followed biblical measures to approach the abusive leaders in private numerous times with no real or lasting results of repentant change.  So, they can finally come to a relatively safe place that will hear them.

I truly believe that GCx is guilty of arrogant idolatry in putting the operation and reputation of its leaders and churches ABOVE a sincere desire to truly repent of injuring exploitation and defamation of their own members.  It seems from facts here that GCx leaders’ constant attempts to clear their own name and the name of their churches was at the cost of muddying their members’ reputations.  It has been a pattern of those leaders to state in pretense that they are or have changed what they essentially made excuse for as “young, over-zealous mild offenses”, when in actuality they have shipwrecked the faith of countless people.  

Because people continued to be spiritually injured by many unrepentant leaders for decades after it’s sparingly sent “Weakness Paper” (1991) we inform and we write here.  Because too many have needed psychological and spiritual recovery; too many of which suffered mental breakdowns and thoughts of suicide we inform and we write here.  

This Forum was created for the victims to bring their spiritually abusive and otherwise harmful experiences under the GCx founder, McCotter, and these GCx discipled leaders here to inform and warn others.  It seems likely that God has used this site as a platform for others to speak out, especially since their voice was silenced in their church.  It seems this has become a venue to “take unrepentant abuse before the church” and expose it as scripture instructs.  (Though some on here have tried to used it as a place to attack the victims themselves; or very inappropriately called out leaders in an ungodly manner.  This site does try to address those issues, but some seem to slip by.)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 08:16:47 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 06:54:06 pm »

By the way, how many were enough to expose the abuse in the Scientology Church practices from former member, Leah Remini’s broadcast series?  

Far less (publically) on that series than those who have testified against abuse in GCx here.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 07:00:51 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 08:42:14 pm »

Survivors’ IMPACT STATEMENTS

Had regular spiritual abuse not happened to us in GCx Churches, we would have no reason to need a site like this. We know as believers God gives us love one for another. He allows to see our own flaws and the amazing grace of his forgiveness. So, we are motivated to forgive others. As his children we don’t want to bad-mouth other believers. But, regular and continued spiritual abuse in the body of Christ by men who pretend to be his spokespersons is something God highlights in the Bible for exposing, warning, and fleeing. It is not something to be cast aside flippantly or lightly. Paul’s most severe criticism that I know of in the Word is for spiritual wolves, and it seems next could be arrogant hypocrites who accuse and condemn the brethren for their own exultation. Some of you GCx leaders are more guilty than others. How dare you deny such insidious abuse which severely undermines believers’ relationships with their God?!

After watching the documentary “Athlete A” and the deplorable actions to abuse and cover up; and lack of integrity to protect victims by those involved I was moved by the victims’ opportunity and courage to each give Impact Statements. This website has given us silenced victims a chance to finally speak out also. Shame on any who criticize this site. These are our Impact Statements.

You GCx leaders need to read them, listen to them, and ask God to soften your hearts to let you feel their pain as if it were one of your own children. You need to feel more of the full impact with God’s help rather than stay in denial.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 09:07:01 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: