Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:03:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marching To Zion / GCX Warning site shutdown?  (Read 2704 times)
LostCreature2
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« on: January 08, 2021, 07:48:57 pm »

Recently, I tried to access the GCX Warning and GCX Library site,
but it seems that it has either been shutdown or not updated.

Do we know what happened?
It seems convenient that within 6 months of the movement disbanding,
the site closes, leaving those with questions without context other then stories from random strangers on a forum.

The only way I have been able to access any of those sites is through The WayBack Machine (https://archive.org/web/)
which archives every page on the internet (which is useful when a site is deleted that has vital information).
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 10:24:44 pm »

Recently, I tried to access the GCX Warning and GCX Library site,
but it seems that it has either been shutdown or not updated.

Do we know what happened?
It seems convenient that within 6 months of the movement disbanding,
the site closes, leaving those with questions without context other then stories from random strangers on a forum.

The only way I have been able to access any of those sites is through The WayBack Machine (https://archive.org/web/)
which archives every page on the internet (which is useful when a site is deleted that has vital information).

That's a very good website. I didn't know it existed.... I found my own old websites on there...
Huldah
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 06:53:35 pm »

It's been missing for a while now. I forget how long ago I noticed it. Have you tried contacting Puff, the site administrator? I've been too busy to bother, but I agree that it would be good to get that material back.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 09:07:27 am »

I went ahead and sent a quick PM to Puff. I don't know how often he checks his messages here.
Vince Capobianco
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 02:44:11 pm »

Hi!  For anyone who would like to actually HEAR Jim McCotter address all these accusations, Jim is willing to take LIVE questions on his weekday podcasts every Friday.  It's time to actually "put your money where your mouth is".  Tomorrow and every Friday at 4pm, you can log onto the podcast on facebook or on his youtube channel...

He's ready and willing to finally address any and all accusations and questions!  You ready to ask?  You can just comment your question, or actually come on live with Jim!  Either way, it's time for the whole truth to come out!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_-a-MOV_qjSKEpLcx9pR3g

https://www.facebook.com/JimMcCotterLIVE
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 01:54:33 pm »

The above post of advertisement for McCotter does not represent or support the vast majority of former members of GCx for whom this site was created.

Be wary of false preachers who smile a lot, dripping with practiced sincerity. Chances are they are out to rip you off some way or other. Don’t be impressed with charisma; look for character. Who preachers are is the main thing, not what they say. A genuine leader will never exploit your emotions or your pocketbook. These diseased trees with their bad apples are going to be chopped down and burned.

“Knowing the correct password—saying ‘Master, Master,’ for instance—isn’t going to get you anywhere with me. What is required is serious obedience—doing what my Father wills. I can see it now—at the Final Judgment thousands strutting up to me and saying, ‘Master, we preached the Message, we bashed the demons, our God-sponsored projects had everyone talking.’ And do you know what I am going to say? ‘You missed the boat. All you did was use me to make yourselves important. You don’t impress me one bit. You’re out of here.’  

Matthew 7:15-23     The Message (MSG)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 03:38:32 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 02:07:07 pm »

LostCreature2, Linda retrieved the “Marching to Zion” book!

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: