Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:41:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strong Disciple  (Read 1804 times)
Linda
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: April 12, 2019, 12:50:03 pm »

Mark still denies any wrongdoing.

He wrote this on his web page:

https://strongdisciple.com/portfolio/edition-28-lead-the-way-all-the-way

“In January of 2018 a vicious, slanderous, nefarious online rumor was started about me, and through a series of tremendous egregious injustices, my ministry was sabotaged, my reputation destroyed and all I had worked for was gone. Through this horrific ordeal, through all the betrayals and all the losses, all the people who walked away from me, there was one absolutely amazing, incredible, monumental thing that occurred.

All of my children, who are all adults, married with children of their own, who have served with me all these years, and lived with me, and know me, and their spouses, whom I have known for almost 20 years, all of them, and my wife, stood with me, stood up for me, and bore witness over, and over, and over again to the kind of man I was to them. Each of them wrote and spoke of their great love, and respect for me. My wife and children, not flinching once, not because I asked them to, not because they felt they had to, but because they wanted to. Each of them stood up on Facebook and on a website that they put up for me and wrote things about me, through their eyes, from their first-hand experiences, things that brought me to tears and gave me tremendous, unbelievable joy, and gratitude.

How many men get to see and hear their children, under the most extreme of circumstances, under intense pressure and ridicule, watch those same kids, stand up and boldly declare their deep love, respect, admiration, gratitude, appreciation and devotion to their father?

At the end of the day, at the end of my life, nothing matters more to me than what those who lived with me, day and in day out, really saw in me and thought of me. The crowds come and go. The people who kiss you today, will kill you tomorrow! Just ask Jesus!

If you would be interested, you may go here https://pastormarkdarling.com/father/ to read what they each wrote and see a picture of each of them and their precious families. They helped build this site for me, it was not my doing at all.“

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
ReaperofGCM
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 02:02:21 pm »

As many others have pointed out, there is no way he wrote this himself. Definitely some help from Jeromy. I had not seen this but it only makes
sense he is going to deny everything that happened. This is the only thing Mark knows how to do to make money. For the last 31.5 years as
he says, this is all he has been doing. Dressing up in a leather jacket, spiking the hair and playing guitar.He knows nothing else. It is also
worth noting that "Strong Disciple" went from being in the process of obtaining 501 c3, to now being fully 501 c3.
Huldah
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 05:19:05 pm »

Mark is being disengenuous.

It was not an online rumor. It was a specific real-life accusation, originally made in person to the appropriate spiritual authorities, and buried by those authorities after they had promised to take action. The accuser was not an anonymous online poster, but a woman who identified herself by name throughout the process. During the course of the recent investigation, other women came forward with other accusations. Mark is free to take issue with whether or not the accusations were factual, but this was never about a mere rumor. To portray it as such is misleading.

If the accusations got more online discussion than Mark wished, well, he has his own supporters to thank for that. This forum has about half a dozen regular posters at best. We are an insignificant blip on the Internet. If Mark's supporters hadn't come here in droves, loaded for bear, there would have been no more than one or two threads about Suzanne and Mark, and that would probably been the end of it. No one here would have been motivated to dig deeper. The TV station that ran the story on Mark would never have found the "you can become a virgin again" quote. No one would have exposed the Salvage Project's loss of tax-exempt status. Any number of things that show Mark Darling and/or ECC in a negative light would never have come to light. Instead, Mark's supporters kept the story alive and metastasizing online, long after the members of this forum would have let it go.

Edited for clarity and to fix typos.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:10:16 am by Huldah » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: