Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:58:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: updated time line of the mind and actions of Mark Darling..Behaviors  (Read 10329 times)
Ghost
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: September 20, 2018, 02:20:56 am »

I met with Brent Knox in 1991 concerning  the behavior and pre occupation of Mark Darling  with young single and married girls in the church..going on for 3 years according to my observation...Natalie..Julie..Penney..Suzzanne and others......that's when i was asked to leave the church..that pre dates  the earlier time line of Mark Bowen by 10 years...this info given to investigator Joan Harris.....so a longer period of cover up and deception....i was still in the church involved with many areas of ministry but i was shunned..not knowing what that meant....how ironic of a situation could that be...having Mark Darling personally single me out..i think maybe a jealousy thing going on...i taught Voyagers kids club...Yea..I was the guy who did the cookie kindness thing..baked 100 cookies every monday for new life for 3 years...took on Singles club coordinator for 1 year because nobody wanted it....served cookies and punch after church..you know the nice freindly guy...full of compassion..love..kindness..goodness....all the girls would say have a Beary Nice Day..Barry Day...yea..I had a big problem...handsome..athletic...but no wife and Mark Darling told all leaders and pretty single girls stay away from me..I was to be shunned...don't talk to me.....this led to so many awkward situations as you can imagine....my post from 2009 are still here under Barry...this further documentation of the truth and establishes another perspective and timeline...not only Mark Darling target the young ladies in the church but also his competition in his twisted mind...yes..I am also a victim..Sad to say..of the Cult..The Church known as Evergreen...why now use the name Ghost...maybe coming back and taking down Mark Darling and the Tree named Evergreen..... may all glory be Gods...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 08:43:53 am by Ghost » Logged
Linda

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 03:17:14 am »

I met with Brent Knox in 1991 concerning  the behavior and pre occupation of Mark Darling  with young single and married girls in the church..going on for 3 years according to my observation...Natalie..Julie..Penney..Suzzanne and others......that's when i was asked to leave the church..that pre dates  the earlier time line of Mark Bowen by 10 years...this info given to investigator Joan Harris.....so a longer period of cover up and deception....i was still in the church involved with many areas of ministry but i was shunned..not knowing what that meant....how ironic of a situation could that be...having Mark Darling personally single me out..i think maybe a jealousy thing going on...i taught Voyagers kids club...Yea..I was the guy who did the cookie kindness thing..baked 100 cookies every monday for new life for 3 years...took on Singles club coordinator for 1 year because nobody wanted it....served cookies and punch after church..you know the nice freindly guy...full of compassion..love..kindness..goodness....all the girls would say have a Beary Nice Day..Barry Day...yea..I had a big problem...handsome..athletic...but no wife and Mark Darling told all leaders and pretty single girls stay away from..I was to be shunned...don't talk to me.....this led to so many awkward situations as you can imagine....my post from 2009 are still here under Barry...this further documentation of the truth and establishes another perspective and timeline...not only Mark Darling target the young ladies in the church but also his competition in his twisted mind...yes..I am also a victim..Sad to say..of the Cult..The Church known as Evergreen...why now use the name Ghost...maybe coming back and taking down Mark Darling and the Tree named Evergreen..... may all glory be Gods...

When you brought concerns about Mark to Brent in 1991, what did he say?

Also, it’s interesting that you noticed enough to be able to name women. I’ve heard names of favorites mentioned before by several people at different times. Apparently, it was not a secret.  (I’m wondering if it would be a good idea to edit your post to use an initial rather than the name, just to protect the women from any more harassment.)

Thank you for doing the right thing in 1991 and mentioning this to the leadership. I’m sorry they did not take you more seriously. God bless you.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 06:22:28 am by Linda » Logged

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Ghost

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 03:36:39 am »

When i met with Brent..he asked if i also wish to meet with Mark...I said no..I know his disposistion already...Brent said he would have a sit down with Mark..then discuss things..then get back with me...week later Brent called me and said he talked with Mark..said hes a tough nut to crack...not listen to reason..Brent hesitate and pause a lot..just like when i met with him..between a rock and a hard place...he said sorry for how i was treated and said he is counseling Mark on the things i brought up and hopefully there we will be positive changes in his behavior..said they both thought it best i leave the church..and wished me the best of luck...within a week..i moved back to my hometown of Columbus..Ohio   from Minnesota...just to put my life back together again...and heal....at the time...it was just something i am dealing with in life......for me i wondered if there were things going on sexually with these girls..but only seen his attention given to them..super long conversations..seemingly blocking others close by out..looks..hugs and adoration..this was evident...and how i my self was treated by him...everyone seen his actions and attention given these young ladies by Mark Darling and for Brent he knew but seemed to think not much there...but that was only in the public eye...but internally..could not stop Mark...and yes ..even in that...he was deeply aware of all...Brent is very smart and see's all..
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:40:43 am by Ghost » Logged
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 05:54:59 am »

Not having been at Evergreen I don't know who those women are but I agree that removing their names might be good because victims HAVE been harassed, threatened, and slandered about.  It is not unreasonable to use first names, but since Mark Darling and Evergreen supporters have been unreasonable to his victims, best to be safe.

Also, do you have any of your interactions with Brent Knox men documented?  Like in e-mails?

(I’m wondering if it would be a good idea to edit your post to use an initial rather than the name, just to protect the women from any more harassment.)

Thank you for doing the right thing in 1991 and mentioning this to the leadership. I’m sorry they did not take you more seriously. God bless you.
Ghost

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 07:26:31 am »

That was in the day and age before e-mail and internet when i met Brent..1991...i did write down in letter form my concerns but i gave that to Brent....The Girls mentioned...all know their names..everyone knew who they were..it was done in plain sight..sickening...like Mark Darling had on his cloak of invisibilty...dont think so....i was not the only person with eyes wide open...but all this had a direct effect on who i was at that point and time in life..if anyone wants to come at me..let them..not afraid...i have God and the truth representing me...and my memory is dead on...accurate...so lay it bare....Mark Darling did what he did because people who knew simply watched and let it happen..Charismatic..maybe some drawn under his spell of deception..but not all..some like me..seen him for what he was a wimp..a charlton..a deceiver..a fake..a fraud...The Devine one..come on now..not all are a Mark Darling devotee..some are repulsed to his very existence...to me that's laying it bare..is what it is and no more....a little tiny fake fraudulent person of extreme irrelevance on this earth........with spiky hair and a leather coat..you know the bad gremlin....leader of the pack....like a bad movie...
Mango
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 01:31:25 pm »

not all are a Mark Darling devotee..some are repulsed to his very existence...to me that's laying it bare..is what it is and no more....a little tiny fake fraudulent person of extreme irrelevance on this earth........with spiky hair and a leather coat..you know the bad gremlin....leader of the pack....like a bad movie...

First of all your grace and forgiveness is obvious from your posts. What a kind and gentle spirit you have and what a word-smith (the fake and fraudulent, extremely irrelevant, spikey haired bad gremlin?). Second of all the people you doxed above were mostly singers which, oddly enough, so was Mark at the time. Weird that when you practice and perform with certain people you might get to know them. Third, you really only need to use one period.........And lastly, I'm thankful you're a spokesman for the good hearted folks on this forum Barry. Keep up the great work.
Ghost

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 04:20:47 pm »

Thank you Jeromy (Mango ) for letting people know who you really are...quite doxing................don't ya think... just say my dad..not Mark..............
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:24:53 pm by Ghost » Logged
Ghost

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 04:40:32 pm »

Jeromy ( Mango ) you just openly contradicted your fathers teachings...  "so was Mark at the time. Weird that when you practice and perform with certain people you might get to know them." ..........  like i said if you spend time with a girl..you might get to know them and maybe one day marry them..but if someone lets you know all the pretty girls are off limits to you ...i am hording them for my own gratification....what kind of message are you sending...that makes you a walking contradiction in all senses...biblical...and worldly......chop...chop.....the tree has all ready fallen.....please tell your dad that or maybe he is reading his self..like his daily morning paper and coffee...then nature walk time...
Linda

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 09:24:32 pm »

Mango,

You forgot to answer my question. Perhaps you missed it. Here it is:

Does it bother you at all that THREE of your pastors KNEW of these allegations in 2001 and not only did they fail to follow through at that time, THEY ALLOWED AN INVESTIGATION TO PROCEED THAT NO DOUBT COST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN DONATED FUNDS when they knew that some of the allegations were true and serious enough to warrant counseling for Mark Darling?

They wrote:

“The concerns raised by John and Suzanne van Dyck in 2001, that were communicated to Mark Bowen, Brent Knox, and Doug Patterson, should have been shared with the Evergreen Church Board of Trustees(BOT), and counseling should have been required for Mark Darling.”

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 01:12:25 pm »

I second that I am also interested in your answer to this question.

Mango,

You forgot to answer my question. Perhaps you missed it. Here it is:

Does it bother you at all that THREE of your pastors KNEW of these allegations in 2001 and not only did they fail to follow through at that time, THEY ALLOWED AN INVESTIGATION TO PROCEED THAT NO DOUBT COST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN DONATED FUNDS when they knew that some of the allegations were true and serious enough to warrant counseling for Mark Darling?

They wrote:

“The concerns raised by John and Suzanne van Dyck in 2001, that were communicated to Mark Bowen, Brent Knox, and Doug Patterson, should have been shared with the Evergreen Church Board of Trustees(BOT), and counseling should have been required for Mark Darling.”

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 05:34:53 pm »

I agree also about Linda’s question!!

It is a QUESTION pointed straight at the integrity of at least the three leaders who were aware of this inappropriate and perverted behavior for years!!  It begs a number of vital questions to the leaders and the church.

The Scriptures highlight crucial character qualifications for the earnest office of “elder”.  Were they written in vain for leaders to ignore?

”An elder must be blameless, the husband of one wife...”
Titus 1:6

”The overseer then must be above reproach, the husband of one wife,...self-controlled, respectable”...
1Timothy 3:2

What a mockery of the office of Shepherd/Elder!  Since his life is to be kept pure he is not to be slyly cornering women privately asking them sexually inappropriate questions and giving them inappropriate sexual body contact.  Is there any question this is sexually perverse behavior toward multiple women in his church!  The Word of God says the OVERSEER’s job is to protect, not greedily and cunningly attack the sheep.  Wolves are those who use and harm the sheep for their OWN BENEFIT.  Watch OVER the flock means - take great care and respect of them.  And obviously, pull the warning alarm on any who bring harm to them so that no more may be hurt.  

The Bible says how to handle a leader who is actually violating the qualifications and causing harm in the scriptures below:

”Don’t accept an accusation against an elder unless it is supported by two or three witnesses.  
Publicly rebuke those who sin, so that the rest will also be afraid.  
I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus and the elect angels to observe these things without prejudice, doing nothing out of favoritism.  
Don’t be too quick to appoint anyone as an elder, and don’t share in the sins of others.  
Keep yourself pure."
1Timothy 5:19- 22  

1.  How many witnesses are needed to accept an accusation against an elder?

Just a little reminder of how you handle a reproach brought against ungodly behavior of an elder (who chooses to share his identity in his post):

”i met with Brent Knox about MD obsessive behavior and endearment to single young woman and some married women in the church and how i was treated..did not know what shunned meant...Brent asked if i wish to meet with him and MD together and talk about things..i said no..i feel it would not make a difference...I did meet with Brent and talked about things..kind of went  no where...Brent said he would talk to MD and get back to me..the next week he said they both would like me to leave the church..”

1a. How many told any of you about reproaches of this elder?  We have heard many reproaches expressed of this elder by those who are brave enough to post here.  We have heard even those close to him admitted these.  How many people were ignored?  Likely even more than have voiced it here, since others saw the results of coming forward - attackers attempting to actually ruin their reputation and lives.  

2.  What does God say above to do about the elder?  Does God expect leaders to take this responsibility seriously?  Was that done at the time of this ungodly behavior?

3.  Why does the Word say this purifying action might not be carried out?

4.  How might an elder share in the sins of others elders?

5.  What precedent does their inaction set?

And bonus questions:

I.  Has or does the Board of Trustees appoint elders in your group?

Ii.  Then, what responsibility does the Board of Trustees have according the Scriptures above?

What folly!  What scathing of innocent people you taught and stirred up in all your pretense to clean up your image.  What a smokescreen to pretend YOU ELDERS were not responsible YOURSELVES for publically rebuking the ungodly elder!  What a charade to carry out this “investigation”!  But, if you are empowering the “board of trustees” to action they should get rid of the three of you, because you did not protect the flock, showed ungodly favoritism, corrupt prejudice and shared in his sins by hiding them.

Oh, and by the way, who does the word of God say to give an ample honorarium to in the scripture below?

”The elders who are good leaders should be considered worthy of an ample honorarium...”
1Timothy 5:17

What a dishonor to the innocent people involved here, your own tithing congregation, and God’s Word to financially reward such a reprehensible elder.  It seems to follow the biblical pattern of the wolves fattening themselves on the innocent and naive sheep.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 07:52:51 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 09:46:35 am »

Hear is another reproach ignored, just for the record:

”I have talked specifically to Mark about some of those issues-  One time, in a small leadership meeting we had, Mark was joking around and to me he seemed inappropriate, coarse and disrespectful in the leadership meeting. I approached him in private, after the meeting to express to him that I felt that he had joked inappropriately, and seemed coarse and disrespectful in some things he had said.   His response to me was somewhat mocking in his tone- He stated " I am sorry ( My name) you feel that way."no further apology or conversation occurred-“
-Marie

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Ghost

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 09:59:37 pm »

Transparency and accountability..... what was Mark Darlings pay out....total compensation.....please put a dollar figure $$$$$$$...yes...must disclose this...and what is the pay out for each victim...that means each person that came forward...female and male..not every allegation was  of a sexual deviant behavior but there was spiritual and mental abuse...mental anguish.....yes so what is the payout to each victim.....financial consideration...compensation....what no pay out whatsoever ! ..why the mickey mouse investigation then if not taking action.... cover up...deception..fraudulent proceedings....... Mark Darling..take the money and run...what he went no where...he still proclaiming his innocence and try setting up shop next door...come on now...people are not that gullible and stupid....pulling the wool over their eyes in broad day light...nah...forget it...not happening....claiming no liability....pay the accused handsomely...and the victims...what about their victory.......  you only give big pay out to the accused and guilty party....setting a very bad precedent there.....like mocking the victims and laughing in their face....Shame on you Brent Knox and the Minnesota tree gang.....a sad day indeed...
Ghost

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2018, 08:56:37 pm »

Brent Knox was informed in 1991 by me and others of what he already knew of Mark Darling's actions and demeanor leading to Immoral Sexual Deviant Behavior ..which was already taking place...what that's over 30 years of looking the other way and getting away with it..in my book that makes him a accomplice....Time for Brent Knox to RESIGN immediately..........RESIGN...RESIGN...RESIGN...RESIGN..
Ghost

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 02:17:20 pm »

Brent Knox...it is not about proving anything..having sufficient evidence that would hold up in a court of law...you and Mark Darling have been both called out..its about the truth...you two Charltons..Deceivers......Supposably men of the cloth..Men of God....seriously you are both delusional...you are both liars..how dare you..be so presumptuous and callous...you stood watch while Mark did his dirty deeds and when confronted with the truth...simply whistled kumbaya and kept on strolling during your watch..sure you paced back and forth..but your and Mark Darling's dreams of your mega church has come with a price...your very souls..your very existence....so Shame on both of you.... now pay your toll and exit to the right because your journey has ended.....so now try to be gracious..honest and the question is can you look  your wife in the eyes and say you are a man of dignity and reproach...no..you cannot..so it has come to a screeching stop.......the tree has been chopped all the way down...time for the rocking chair and just sit and relax ...just enjoy life with the wife and grandchildren...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 05:50:20 pm by Ghost » Logged
BS Truth
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2020, 07:34:27 am »

OMG...that was a time to make sick to your stomach...it should have been stopped in 1991....not go from 1988 to 2020...32 years MD walked the earth freely and did as he pleased with immunity....Brent Knox..Why ?   ....The Evergreen Experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: