Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:03:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: clams  (Read 11285 times)
lone gone
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« on: March 15, 2007, 09:41:53 am »

I remember digging for clams along the beach in Oregon when I went with the mission team to Oregon State in 1977.  It was a great day on the beach but the water was so cold.  Later we had a clam boil at the frat house where we were living for the summer.

That was also where Mark and Greg introduced us to Liver Stroganoff as a way to stretch the budget. But maybe that should not be int he Good times thread!
jehu
Administrator
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 12:31:31 am »

Um, wow, liver stroganoff....  Heavy on the onions??
nateswinton
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 06:47:19 am »

i remember running around on lake laverne at iowa state in the middle of winter.  me and a bunch of the other guys from the rock were jumping up and down and carrying out huge rocks to try and smash through the ice.  it was stupid, but really fun.  we finally started getting a bunch of guys to jump at the same time, and suddenly this massive crack went from one side of the lake to the other, right between a bunch of us.  that ended alot of our fun...

a bunch of us guys did a "polar bear plunge" a year or two later where we found a place where the lake wasn't totally frozen near the shore and ran in and submerged ourselves, then ran back to our friends truck and drove home and got hot showers.  one guy got a huge chunk of old, rotten tree-branch under his big toe... got nasty infection...  good times though.  i was practically speaking in tongues for 2-3 minutes after the plunge  :lol: that lake is so gross.
TammyB
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 11:10:44 am »

That was also where Mark and Greg introduced us to Liver Stroganoff as a way to stretch the budget. But maybe that should not be int he Good times thread!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: