Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:44:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: scripture songs, etc.  (Read 30011 times)
CarlSchneider
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 02:38:06 pm »

I too enjoy singing some of the old scripture songs.  My family has also learned some of them, and we enjoy singing them together.  I have a copy of “Celebrate”, the songbook that was published in Ames in 1982.  It is a photocopy of the original that I got from one of my brothers several years ago.  I recent pulled the songbook out, and as I was going through it I found that there a number of songs in it that I no longer remember the tunes to anymore.  I know at one time there was a recording made of some of these songs.  I am thinking that maybe the tape was recorded in Lawrence, KS.  It would be nice to have a copy of the tape, as it might have some of the songs on it that I am missing the tunes for.  Does anyone know where I might get a copy of the tape?

Francis, if you mean you don’t remember the tune to Psalm 67, that is one that I remember a tune to.  If you want you can PM me, and I can let you know how to contact me.  Then I can share the song with you as I remember it.   
ISU Alumna
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 06:01:26 pm »

It's funny to think about which songs have stayed with me, after all these years. On the one hand, there are the truly lovely ones, like Psalm 138 and Jude 1:24, which I'm still happy to sing.

But at the same time, it seems that some of the dorkiest songs have a way of staying stuck in my brain, whether I like it or not. Right out of nowhere, I start humming....

Let love be without hypocri-see-ee-ee....

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!  Shocked

And even though it all went wrong,
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah.
  --  Leonard Cohen
BTDT
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 06:06:56 pm »

Carl -- way back in the day, my roommate had a set of those tapes.  He called them "the Daystar tapes", and just about wore them out listening to them.  Sadly, they got stolen out of his car one day.

Let me reach out to a few of my contacts elsewhere, and see if I can turn anything up.  I'd love to have a copy myself.

ISU:  Yeah, I know what you mean.  Especially since you reminded me.  Cheesy
CarlSchneider
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 08:43:18 pm »

Thanks BTDT!  I've been trying to meditate on the Word more, and singing it is one of the best ways for me to do it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: