Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 17, 2024, 06:26:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone from omaha?  (Read 10870 times)
Differentstrokes
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« on: April 14, 2015, 11:07:57 am »

I know of several folks who left Candlewood during my time, I'm wondering if anyone here is in omaha? Looking for some sort of support group or something, anyone who knows how it feels to leave and be abandoned by everyone you know!!
Hope
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 11:08:26 pm »

I left candlewood in 2013. I'm praying about sharing. Time makes it easier.
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 10:39:19 am »

Hope,

We are glad to welcome you even if you don't share, and just want to hear others tell their stories of their harm in GCx.  Silence and ignorance makes the danger of 'false teaching' churches continue.

Janet

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Differentstrokes
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 10:19:09 am »

Hope, I don't hope you choose to share. For me the past few months since I left have been incredibly eye opening, and the more italk to people about my experiences, the more I see how messed up it was.... I
Know it's
Tough, but I'd love to talk with you and anyone else who left, just to gain some more perspective on my own hurt. Fight the good fight Wink
Primrose
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 10:08:29 pm »

My family and I left candlewood this summer after 10 dark years serving. I'm still trying to come to grips with what happened and what went wrong.  Embarrassed
margaret
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 04:47:33 am »

So sorry, Primrose. It IS such a confusing time when you have to start making sense of it all.  I'm still trying, after several years.  All I can say is be patient with yourselves, and do whatever it is you each need to do to find peace.  God's gonna love you no matter what you do or don't do.
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 08:43:46 am »

Dear Primrose (& Different Strokes),

We are so relieved for you and your family that you have walked out of the 'darkness' of this "church" organization.  Their ways are done under a cloud of darkness, hiding their sins of oppression and manipulation. Their sin of taking the place of God himself, by saying they are speaking for Him, WHEN HE HAS NOT SPOKEN SUCH!  They are not willing to be honest and open. They are not willing to sound the alarm on spiritual wolves. "Ssshhh" is the name of the game.  Their REPUTATION is definitely more important than the well-being of their people. The devil has hidden their ways under dim light as under a cloud.

God has called you OUT to the LIGHT!

Putting your thoughts into written words helps to validate them!!  We want to hear as you want to share.

Sharing our recovery in the light with you,

Janet

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:01:00 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Hope
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 10:48:05 pm »

You have started the journey. Asking questions and trying to figure out the confusion is a good thing. The memories and friends from Candlewood will be interesting as well. I learned who is a true friend and who is a conditional friend. You have found a safe place to share, grow, and discover life in different way. I will be praying for you and your family, its an adjustment after leaving.
Darkblue

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 07:13:47 pm »

I left Candlewood about 7-8 years ago. I thought I had at least a few true friends there as we were all "doing life together" in college, but I was quickly avoided and/or shunned by most of them. Sometimes if I think about it, I still get a little sad and confused. Interesting to read all the other comments, thanks for sharing everyone.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 06:06:46 pm »

Hello, Darkblue, and welcome to the forum. GC has destroyed or damaged many friendships, romances, and family relationships. I'm sorry you were one of those so closely affected.
Child_of_Arkham

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 08:47:16 pm »

I am from Omaha as well. I still attend Candlewood in the Young Professionals group at this time and I am seriously thinking of leaving it. I am still pursuing a relationship with God. I will never give up on him, but God has been leading me in a direction where I feel the church will not understand me. I am also socially inept and not good at forming relationships on my own.

I have several friends in the group that I trust. I don't trust the ones, however, that have seemed to succumb to the Kool-Aide - or are siblings of the pastors. I will post my story soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: