Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:06:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I was A member Of Evergreen Community Church from 1988-1991..  (Read 8775 times)
Barry

« on: September 01, 2009, 10:00:22 am »

I was A member Of Evergreen Community Church from 1988-1991..Bloomington,Mn...I was relentless I asked A lot of girls out from the church..you have to get to know some one .spend time with them..Mark Darling was always hanging all over the pretty girls..A many a time I was used as an example on his singles group ramblings and recordings..he just did not use my name specifically..yes..GCC is A Cult....
puff of purple smoke
Administrator
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 10:45:38 am »

GC doesn't believe in dating so I'm sure you would have some difficulties if you "asked A lot of girls out from the church". Smiley Is this your only complaint against them?
Barry

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 11:23:15 pm »

..I was A member of Evergreen..saying no to me was of little concern..did not deter me..If they said no..There was a lot of secret dating that went on..everyone knew..even some of my intersts..people would tell me..she is secretly seeing so and so...now that i realize things ...a lot of concepts and ideaolgy seems to be taken from the  Mormon Church as Having watched  the show  Big Love on HBO..
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:31:51 am by Barry » Logged
Barry

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:16:29 am »

Hurt...when everyone knows every detail in your past...area's you have failed in life..your past romances..you open up in a small group to 8 to 10 people in confidence..or your household roomates..it's like telling the whole church..because pretty soon everyone knows..gossip..Idle Chatter..or trusted friends reporting regular to their Elders..pretty soon you feel betrayed..and wish you would have never opened up and just left your closet door shut...some people..maybe for their own good should have kept those things inside...But I know when I taught Children there was a genuine love and nurturing..because they are innocent..having not faced heartache,turmoil,addictions,anxiety,depression and stress of everyday life..So thats what we should strive to be ...Innocent....because Guilt and having a Conscience is our biggest obstacle in Life..as for me I feel i'm innocent and free of sin..always giving of myself,sacrifices great and small..and to make a difference in peoples lives..for me my greatest Glory would to be with  Heavenly Angel's in a greater realm of Life..My greatest humility and serving would be to wash the feet of Jesus Christ and anoint them with Oil..
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:31:19 am by Barry » Logged
Linda

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 06:06:37 am »

Quote from: Barry
Hurt...when everyone knows every detail in your past...area's you have failed in life..your past romances..you open up in a small group to 8 to 10 people in confidence..or your household roommates..it's like telling the whole church..because pretty soon everyone knows..gossip..Idle Chatter..or trusted friends reporting regular to their Elders..pretty soon you feel betrayed..and wish you would have never opened up and just left your closet door shut...some people..maybe for their own good should have kept those things inside...
Nice to meet you Barry. We were at ECC from 1995 -2005. Strangely, I had no idea that all this "reporting" was happening. We were small group leaders the last two years, but never reported to anyone! Not even sure who was "over" us. I think they were trying to emphasize small groups and the thing took off so they were desperate for leaders and we came along.

For anyone who was ever in our small group, I just want you to know that we never reported anything to anyone!

It does make me glad, however, that as far as I can remember, I never said anything to anyone in small group that I wouldn't care if the world knew. One thing I gained from my experience there is to never trust anyone unless you have known them for a really long time (and they aren't in a high control religious group!)

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Barry

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 09:01:11 am »

..I did not really care what people thought of me..but that one area..wanting to date and Marry..it caused me a lot of grief...to hear that girls in the Church  were told to avoid me..that was a deeply negative  issue for me..on the other hand a lot of accolades for the things i did and the person i was..People told me i was the nicest guy in the world..when i exposed personal things..people were dissapointed..they said they thought i had it all together..but thats cool ,they would say..i'm glad you opened up..I felt exposed..even though i felt invincible..because everyone knew all my faults and weaknesses ..I did not grow..this in fact..after a while took a toll on my spirit and who i was...Maybe the problem was with me..I dont know..but I reached out..but no one took my hand..to tell me i was loved and to show me the way home..
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:03:38 am by Barry » Logged
Ghost

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 02:23:45 am »

Me..a Ghost from the Past....Evergreen Church...you hurt me and others...may God have mercy on you....
Linda

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 03:07:34 am »

Quote from: Barry
“Maybe the problem was with me..I dont know..but I reached out..but no one took my hand..to tell me i was loved and to show me the way home.”

I am so sorry Barry.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Ghost

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 03:48:07 am »

Thanks Linda..God Bless
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: