Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:59:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My life beyond Evergreen...  (Read 3962 times)
Ghost
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: July 26, 2018, 02:27:33 pm »

As for me...i never left who i was..always the same..hard working diligent..cling to the word of god..goodness..kindness..giving of myself always and still make cookies and brownies..just to share with people..and when people would say Have a Beary Nice Day..Barry Day...that meant a lot to me..that's a
like a sign of appreciation...I kind of went overboard..work wise after my 10 th. knee operation could no longer run..so i become a workaholic..as a school maintenance man and a self employed cleaning contractor..with 7 accounts daily...20 hour days and 8 hours every saturday and sunday for the next twenty years ..over 115 hours working each week..this helped fund my yearly mission trips to the Philippines where i was also a lay minister in the catholic church there...people always told me i would crash and burn..i would say no..i am like the energizer bunny..invincible..then at age 49..just working 22 hours  in a stormy Minnesota winter day..jan. 6 th. 2009..i showered and ready to sleep a couple hours..and i walked into the living room my brain exploded and and heart stopped..blood everywhere..nose..mouth..ears..i called 911..then like in slow motion...fell to the floor...like a dream...i had a brain aneurism burst and heart attack and stroke all at the same time..operations to repair all..heart..brain  two stents in heart..woke up 3 days later..could not walk or talk..paralyzed on left side of body..speech apraxia..could not form words..1/8 brain whited out..nerve damage on left side of body..so much damage..they said i was still young and in great physical shape i can come back from this..then 2 weeks later another heart attack.brain tumor...stroke..coma's..seizures..complete renal failure...2 years of intense physical..occupational and speech therapy and more surgeries to follow..20 all together..but i came back..walkng..talking and by the grace of god..survived...i was asked by the social workers and therapist..how i came back..i said by believing gods word and believing in his goodness..kindness  and clinging to the cross....i said i only seek to have humility and grace in the eyes of God..i fear not death..bags packed at a moments notice...so my Evergreen experience..i had overcome that because i refused to let it change me and who i was...because God is greater and Jesus Christ my Savior in Heaven...to God be the Glory.....people still call me by my childhood nickname.... The Bear
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:07:38 pm by Ghost » Logged
Ghost
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 08:23:35 am »

For some it is a matter of not admitting or denying things in your life,but a realization you have made mistakes along the way,out of this you grew a stronger person, a more loving,compassionate person along the way, just keep praying to our Lord in Heaven for guidance,wisdom and knowledge and the ability to distinguish between right and wrong in life,then you will blossom and grow,then you may find happiness in life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: