Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:21:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Articles of Assoc. Update  (Read 5063 times)
namaste
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« on: September 09, 2007, 06:00:35 pm »

Someone sent me a pm asking for an update.  Here it is:

So sorry for taking forever and a day to get back with you. I tried to change my e-mail address in my profile and it deactivated my account. The forum administrator just checked his e-mail for the boards today and reactivated it.  

Dave B. did agree to provide the docs to me, but has really dragged his feet in providing them. He insisted that after "seeking counsel," he had to mail them, and "persisted in insisting" that I disclose my identity.

It was one of those moments where you're called to stop and ponder what someone must be thinking contorting scripture for something like that. What is this, "And on the 8th day God created the USPS," or something?  

I told him that if he had to mail it, he could mail it to my lawyer. He agreed to do that, but I haven't gotten it yet. Admittedly, it's only been a week and a half or so.

One day, if I'm feeling particularly snarky, I'll post the whole exchange.

Om, shanti.
jehu
Administrator
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 11:04:47 pm »

Posting the exchange would not be snarky.  You're dealing with an organization that requires accountability from its membership at the most personal level.  Requiring a level of accountability from its leadership is only fair.
namaste
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 06:34:40 am »

Lemme put it this way: I'd rather have the AoAs in hand *before* making them any madder.  :wink:

Om, shanti.
namaste
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 07:02:03 am »

Early this week, I began sending email to Dave B requesting confirmation that the AoAs had been sent.  I decided I would send one a day until I got an affirmative response.  Luckily, he replied on the second day. Wink

Apparently, Dave thought he told someone to send them to me but didn't.  He said that he'd have them sent immediately.  So...they should be here in the next week or so.

Om, shanti.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: