Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 17, 2024, 05:20:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To Those in GCx Churches  (Read 6622 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: June 04, 2016, 08:54:19 pm »

To Those IN GCx Churches

Mere men become larger than life in GCx. Those that claim to direct and "guide" you from 'disciplers' to small group leaders are given so much elevation above the people that those "under" them literally follow nearly EVERYTHING that comes out of their mouth!  The elders/("pastors") are put in such vast esteem that people are subtly persuaded to have contempt toward (or even report) anyone who does not do EVERYTHING that comes out of their mouth. Their mouths carry more weight than God's. The people begin to fear and dread the words of disapproval by these GCx leaders.

Another thing that they and other False Teachers do is call those who oppose their oppressive practices a conspiracy.  The verses below from Isaiah 8:12 are shockingly pointed to GCx and all those who teach deceptively.

"The LORD spoke to me with his strong hand upon me,
warning me not to follow the way of this people.

He said:
Do not call conspiracy
everything that these people call conspiracy;
Do not fear what they fear,
and do not dread it.

The LORD Almighty is the one you are to fear,
And he is the one you are to dread...

I and others here would challenge you to ask God Almighty to speak to you from out of HIS mouth on this very important matter, as you spend time with Him in His Word.

Janet
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:40:48 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Hope
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 07:51:36 pm »

I agree with you 100%. I remember I would always pray and ask what his will was. There were times what I was being told in GCC compared to God was way off....I made sure I was listening to God. Even under the pressure that GCC places on you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: