Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:37:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uncovering the Mystery of GCX - Blindsided Believers  (Read 4252 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: January 23, 2013, 09:11:01 pm »

Uncovering the Mystery of GCx

Blindsided Believers

AudioEnglish.net defines blindside (or blindsided) as “Catch unawares, especially with harmful consequences”

Baker’s Dictionary of Evangelical Biblical Theology quotes Ralph E. Enlow, Jr. saying “spiritual blindness can also afflict believers who fail to perceive their true spiritual condition. To avoid the plague of spiritual blindness and escape the condemnation of leading others into spiritual ruin, believers must be quick to appropriate and obey the Word of God”.

The New Testament says of believers, “For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they will keep you from being useless or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. The person who lacks these things is blind and shortsighted, and has forgotten the cleansing from his past sins.”  (2 Peter 1:8-9 HCSB)

We don’t typically think that believers can be spiritually blind, especially ourselves.  Recently, I was made aware by the Holy Spirit how very prideful, rude and unloving I have been (for years) toward some in my life I should have very much appreciated and treated with humility and tenderness.  God brought about in me a grief and regret over behaviors I was unaware of or blind to until then, that were actually arrogant and hurtful.  I have heard well-known mature christians say the closer they grow to God the more aware they become of things they once thought innocent were actually sinful and hurtful.  The things I believe they are referring to are those of the inner life rather than the outward one.  

There are schemes Satan has to catch us unaware, and seem to be temptations not apparent to man's natural eye.  They don’t appear to be direct disobedience to God’s laws like sexual immorality, murder, stealing, lying or worshipping golden cows.  In fact, to the spiritually young they may even appear good.  When what  has actually happened is that the line of attack on us was where our vision was obstructed, where we were NOT at all expecting it, and often crushes us with detrimental results to our faith and well-being.  We got tricked (fooled) because we never even saw it coming, and even more insidious is that we may not even realize that we have been hit or injured.

"you even put up with anyone who enslaves you or exploits you or takes advantage of you or pushes himself forward or slaps you in the face"

(2 Corinthians 11:20)

“I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.”

( Acts 20:29)

Don't you SEE what GCx's actual founder and national leader, Jim McCotter, was doing to us and the blind guides he taught.  He drew us in with the cloak of a shepherd speaking with contrived humbleness and artificial gentleness; and then attacked our dignity and standing in Christ with soft yet mutilating words that said we were not good enough, not good enough yet, and accused us of being too proud and immature for real closeness to and true revelation from God Almighty.  He had the answer for your problem of not being good enough (which is a LIE in the first place).  You had to become like him who boasted in his humility, sacrifice, obedience and maturity in Christ; all the while testifying in his actions just the opposite, that he was indeed a liar.  If you need a reminder, just watch the last part of his Spiritual Gifts "Conference.  I was even there in that conference and was BLIND at the time, and didn't see it for 5 more years (I had been there five years already.  That's a total of ten.)!  

Don't subject yourself any longer to this man's yeast of false teaching and lies about who you are in Christ.  It permeates throughout the GCx churches because they will not publically disassociate with him or condemn his teaching.  Don't put up with so called "spiritual teachers" "pushing you around" and "slapping you in the face". I believe God is begging you to leave.  Here are some fatherly and endearing words of God toward his people:

"They have eyes to see but do not see and ears to hear but do not hear...

Therefore ... pack your belongings for exile and in the daytime, as they watch, set out and go from where you are to another place.  
Perhaps they will understand, though they are a rebellious house.  
During the daytime, while they watch, bring out your belongings packed for exile.
Then in the evening, while they are watching, go out like those into exile..."

Ezekiel 12:2,3,4

Please pause and calmly think about this in your heart.  Close your eyes and listen to "Take My Hand" by Lindsay McCaul.  Pray that you will SEE and hear and GO.   I have a strange inkling you'll feel his presence as you go...

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:08:49 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:10:29 pm »

Great post, Janet. Believers can certainly be blinded. This is why my advice to any believer with a child, relative, or friend in GC is, first and foremost, pray for your loved one. If you do nothing else, pray. Our battle is spiritual, and our weapons must be spiritual also.
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 09:45:59 pm »

Taken from the first post under “Is GCx Good For My Faith?”

It seems that so many write here to inquire if GCX or any group affiliated with or related to its teachings are actually beneficial churches? They might be considering trying them out. They might be attending one. They may have been a member of one?  They may have made many friends there, and hesitate leaving them.  They wonder if this high level of committment is actually spiritually advantageous (as they likely have been falsely persuaded)?  They want to give Christ their all and have no regrets later (of which they are also often deceptively pressured with).  If like me, they might just be scared to do the "WRONG" thing (which they have been abusively told is to leave the church) because they desire to be acceptable and pleasing to God.  So, they may have been compelled through false spiritual authority to agree to present themselves to this group and their separative traditions.

"Woe to the obstinate children", declares The Lord,
 "to those who carry out plans that are not mine,
 forming an alliance, BUT NOT BY MY SPIRIT..."  

(Isaiah 30:1)
. . .

Paul warns the BELIEVERS that if they TRY TO PLEASE GOD by obeying rules and regulations, Christ will be of NO VALUE (or help) TO THEM!  A particular group he referred to made circumcision a requirement to be pleasing to God, surrendering themselves to be cut off all around - as if to extinguish lusts and sin.  GCx did this same thing - but in a different way - by striving to separate us through unnatural and invasive impositions on our personal lives.  This included separation from even "lesser" christians and their teachers.  Which, of course, results in an arrogant spirit, even hostility toward those who don't agree. Galatians 5:1 in the greek says don't ENTANGLE yourselves {enechesthe} with this type of teaching.  Don't be HELD IN by it.  He says these "holier" methods are a bondage or brand of slavery.  Thayers explains its a slavish sense of fear, DEVOID ALIKE OF BUOYANCY OF SPIRIT & TRUST IN GOD.

"Stand firm...and DO NOT LET YOURSELVES be burdened again by a YOKE of slavery"  
(Gal.5:1)

"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you
by the GRACE of Christ and are turning to a DIFFERENT gospel
- which is really NO GOSPEL (GOOD news) AT ALL."  
 (Gal. 1:6,7)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 09:47:44 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 08:10:02 am »

DOCTRINES OF DEMONS

“Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared."

1 Timothy 4:1-2

A doctrine is a set of held beliefs that are taught to others. So, a doctrine of demons is a set of beliefs or a teaching which demons try to propagate throughout the church for the purpose of deceiving the believers. …  Since demons are not visible (and if they were, we would hardly invite them to speak in church), they must take a deceptive route to get their false message heard. … How do they promote their message? Through false teachers—"through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared.”

Jesus warned us to "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves" (Matthew 7:15) … False teachers have a seared conscience—instead of remaining sensitive to the Spirit, they live lives that are hypocritical. Whether knowingly or unknowingly, their spiritual gauge is "off." They lack the discernment they need to keep in step with Christ and instead are susceptible to the doctrines of demons—both hearing them and teaching them to others. They do not know how to differentiate between the voice of the Holy Spirit and the voice of evil spirits. They may seem to be holy, but are actually living in sin and leading others to do the same.

The passage in 1 Timothy goes on to list a couple false doctrines—forbidding marriage

If you hear a minister preaching something that seems not quite in line with the Bible, look at the fruit of his life and ministry. Jesus said that we will recognize false teachers by their fruit: "You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

How can we identify if a teaching is false? It will not line up with God's Word. Satan is a master manipulator, which is why doctrines of demons are so rampant—they have been his proven strategy from the beginning. …  We should all pay attention to any red flags in teachings we listen to and take them to the Lord. Search the Word and ask God for wisdom and discernment (see James 1:5; 1 John 4:1–3). …

(All emphasis mine)

Excerpts From: Compelling Truth - a ministry of Got Questions
https://www.compellingtruth.org/doctrines-of-demons.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: