Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:58:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question:
Between 40,000 and 150,000 people go to Hell every day.  Is this relevant to you?  
Totally irrelevant:  there is nothing we can do to alter the eternal destiny of these people. - 0 (0%)
Totally relevant:  there is much we can do to alter the eternal destiny of these people. - 0 (0%)
I am unsure: - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 160,000 people die every day. What is their eternal destiny?  (Read 8567 times)
IceAndFire1328
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« on: May 09, 2013, 04:44:06 pm »

Poll Survey:  The World’s Mortality Rate

Over 162,000 will die on an average day.  What is their eternal destiny?  Obviously, we have no idea.  However, some people have estimated that only 7% of the world’s population adheres to the Biblical plan of salvation.  Even if that estimate is totally wrong and the number is actually 70%, that still means that over 48,000 are going to Hell every day.

What is the relevancy of these numbers?  Should these numbers have any impact on our lives?  I’m conducting a poll and would like your opinion on this issue.

Calculations:

World’s population:  7.08 billion
A little less than 1% (0.837%) of the world’s population died last year
7.08 billion    x   .837% (.00837)     =    59,259,600 deaths a year
59,259,600    divided by     365 days      =    162,355 deaths a day
162,355     x     30% (.30)     =    48,706 people going to Hell

Innerlight
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 05:41:15 pm »

Not taking the bait...what a set-up question. 
Outtathere
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:14:22 am »

I choose option D (which is not on the survey).

I thank God that he has put the desire to reach the lost with the good news on my heart. As I seek him out, I pray for opportunities to share the good news in whatever way, shape or form as he leads me. I realize what I have been entrusted with and what I am powerless to do (I cannot change a person's heart, only God can).

Huldah
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 09:52:55 am »

IceandFire1328, what's the purpose of this poll?

For some reason, your poll brings back some memories from my days at Solid Rock. One of our evangelism strategies back then was going door to door, under the pretense of doing surveys. I regret using such a deceitful method to promote the gospel. Not that I'm accusing you of anything similar; I'm just curious if there's an unstated agenda behind your post. Are you, perhaps, concerned that the members of this forum don't seem active enough in evangelism?
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 02:16:44 pm »

The only person who really cares is Jesus.  And, I wouldn't even believe its true except for HIS Spirit he gave to live in & empower me.  So, I wouldn't be concerned if not for his Holy Spirit.  BUT if I was falsely taught I had to perform by bringing lots of naive sheep to a field that claimed its grass was purer and more powerful than most, and actually I was quite starved, beat a little, & clawed at continually; I'd start a wonderin' if even I was in the right "pasture" & certainly would not be motivated to invite any one else there.

We have to be convinced by True teaching that the UNSEEN shepherd that we are following genuinely & UNCONDITIONALLY LOVES US to be overflowing with gratitude that will win them.  Living in dead grass or "straw" in sheep ravaging churches will only CONFUSE US & THEM!

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
EverAStudent
Private Forum Access

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 04:43:45 pm »

Huldah, I too did the fake survey thing, always feeling somewhat guilty for being less than honest with how I approached people with the gospel.  Recently someone approached me with a "religious survey," and I just told them I was not interested in the survey and that I was a born again servant of Jesus.  It turns out the JWs have a similar opening line.  arrghhhhh...
arthur
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 03:11:14 am »

When asked a question like this, I reply... "Let's talk about them them one by one. Who's first on YOUR list?"
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 12:00:46 am »

The only person who really cares is Jesus.  And, I wouldn't even believe its true except for HIS Spirit he gave to live in & empower me.  So, I wouldn't be concerned if not for his Holy Spirit.  BUT if I was falsely taught I had to perform by bringing lots of naive sheep to a field that claimed its grass was purer and more powerful than most, and actually I was quite starved, beat a little, & clawed at continually; I'd start a wonderin' if even I was in the right "pasture" & certainly would not be motivated to invite any one else there.

We have to be convinced by True teaching that the UNSEEN shepherd that we are following genuinely & UNCONDITIONALLY LOVES US to be overflowing with gratitude that will win them.  Living in dead grass or "straw" in sheep ravaging churches will only CONFUSE US & THEM!

Sheep in Israel are desert animals... You'll find many Shepherds east of Bethlechem in the Judean desert... David had his sheep there... Also Bedouin shepherds are in those areas.... like the Sinai desert.... Moses took Israel out of Egypt to the desert.... They could have taken a short route... (BTW, that's not to disagree with Janeth) Just some context....

PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 12:02:44 am »

Extremely important question.... Especially considering that half of them have absolutely no idea who Jesus even is... I'm not talking about folks like atheists in the USA... No, if you ask them, Who is Jesus. They might say: "I don't know... Does He live here in this town?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: