Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:40:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just for fun...  (Read 21128 times)
theresearchpersona
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: January 01, 2009, 06:55:17 am »

"infralapsarian" or "supralapsarian"..

NO! JUST KIDDING! That's a subject very cryptic and (important but...) something I'd wish only heavily studied, very qualified (not opinionated) people to talk about. I just wanted to be a little cheesy with some theological terms. The real "just for fun":

http://eirikso.com/2008/12/27/one-year-worth-of-images-give-some-amazing-videos/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 06:58:39 am by theresearchpersona » Logged
MidnightRider

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 11:11:01 am »

"infralapsarian" or "supralapsarian"
Supralapsarian.

See Gordon H. Clark, Predestination, chapter 1, "Creation", where he gives a lengthy examination of Ephesians 3:8-10.
theresearchpersona

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 05:46:57 pm »

Like I said, just kidding...but thanks for the resource! : )
theresearchpersona

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:09:01 pm »

Remember where in Willy Wonka, where they're on the boat on the chocolate river, and the scene is depicted as disturbing, meanwhile Wonka sings a creepy song?

It's a poem by Roald Dahl, called "The Rowing Song", enjoy:

Round the world and home again
That's the sailor's way
Faster faster, faster faster

There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing

Is it raining, is it snowing
Is a hurricane a–blowing

Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of Hell a–glowing
Is the grisly reaper mowing

Yes, the danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing.
theresearchpersona

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 02:00:56 am »

Another poem. It's somewhat low context, so I'm unsure of certain portions: what does "The Church will fall" mean, for instance? There's too many today who would probably read the popular idea "the Church is the problem and needs to get out of the way" into it, but I'm not sure that's the sentiment here. Anyway, I'd call this "artistic contention" against those who'd attempt to make the gospel less offensive in the hopes someone would pray the Jesus mantra and get their ticket to heaven, rather than Lord and God who saves:

Seven Stanzas at Easter

Make no mistake: if he rose at all
It was as His body;
If the cell's dissolution did not reverse, the molecule reknit,
The amino acids rekindle,
The Church will fall.

It was not as the flowers,
Each soft spring recurrent;
It was not as His Spirit in the mouths and fuddled eyes of the
Eleven apostles;
It was as His flesh; ours.

The same hinged thumbs and toes
The same valved heart
That—pierced—died, withered, paused, and then regathered
Out of enduring Might
New strength to enclose.

Let us not mock God with metaphor,
Analogy, sidestepping, transcendence,
Making of the event a parable, a sign painted in the faded
Credulity of earlier ages:
Let us walk through the door.

The stone is rolled back, not papier-mache,
Not a stone in a story,
But the vast rock of materiality that in the slow grinding of
Time will eclipse for each of us
The wide light of day.

And if we have an angel at the tomb,
Make it a real angel,
Weighty with Max Planck's quanta, vivid with hair, opaque in
The dawn light, robed in real linen
Spun on a definite loom.

Let us not seek to make it less monstrous,
For our own convenience, our own sense of beauty,
Lest, awakened in one unthinkable hour, we are embarrassed
By the miracle,
And crushed by remonstrance.
lone gone
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 09:22:49 am »

It seems pretty simple.   "The church will fall" is likely in reference to Paul's assertion that if Christ did not rise, then we are of all men most to be pitied. Indeed, if Christ did not raise in his body, then we will not rise again in our bodies.

This poem is an apology to a Gnostic notion that Christ is spirit, the body means nothing. The author points to the knowable physical measureable Christ.... the Man/God.
theresearchpersona

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 05:58:43 pm »

We've got a thinker!

I get the anti-gnostic part.

I didn't read that first stanza closely enough, however. : )

Thanks much.
theresearchpersona

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 04:24:30 pm »

They've figured-out the ground state of Boron: for those who don't know what that is, you probably wouldn't care.

A ground state, however, is a stable configuration of an element, usually as a crystal (I think), found at absolute zero (in our case very near it) at 1 amu. To find the stable form of Boron, however, it took hundreds of thousands of times 1 amu and super-duper-uber-high temperatures, (and a ton of computing power). It turns out it's so weird because it's ground form is a compound: it's its own compound!!! To put this in perspective, it would be like finding diamon-graphite or graphite-diamond (not diamond compound interspersed with graphite compound, but rather both as one compound together).

Basically this means it's really really weird, they're calling it "self-ioniticity" or something like that (I don't think my spelling is right), and it's just cool for people who like chemistry, and the possibilities. I'm no giant in chem, but it's still cool.

Speaking of diamond-graphite, wouldn't it be great to be able to write with one's ring? : D
theresearchpersona

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 05:53:12 am »

Even if you were not gay, you could still be guilty if you enjoyed "homosexual" things like, wine and good food, classical music, tight clothes, art, cooking, reading poetry, doing laundry etc.
Sadly, I think you are serious, but this list did make me smile. I know some GC pastors who enjoy a lot of stuff on this list!

And in me you know an ex-GCer who also likes such things. Particularly Tchaikovsky, Robert Frost, and Drawing. I don't like (most) tight clothes: either immodest or constricting. Not really preferenced about wine, and I don't know anybody who doesn't like good food. You guys?
theresearchpersona

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 04:04:20 am »

Check these out. : ) They're "mash-ups" of videos/songs of youtubers themselves; one guy spent the time to assemble both the videos and the corresponding music; the first is just rocking out in funk! The third I really like for the rapper (poetic fellow who's lyrically intelligent,

I'm not a rapper, I'm a speaker with a knack for rhyming...
); on video 4 I laugh almost to tears when first one sees the drummer, and then what the mixer does with the drummer (related to velocity, check it out).

Anyway, quality varies.

Kutiman-Thru-You

01 - Mother of All Funk Chords, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tprMEs-zfQA

02 - This Is What It Became, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAvS0pc9NIw

03 - I'm New, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsBfj6khrG4

04 - Babylon Band, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JffZFRM3X6M

05 - Someday, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXulsZpu72E

06 - Wait For Me, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i88CKr6Shn4

07 - Just a Lady, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vch-Z9ccHTk

08 - About, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz0gYbqOZXQ

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:35:53 am by theresearchpersona » Logged
theresearchpersona

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 01:49:46 am »

Whatever you do, if you refrigerate mashed potatoes, do so without having too much water in them. : ( Soggy potatoes... On top of that I'm a food-poisoning paranoid, well sort-of, due to having had several very unpleasant bouts with that. So even in the cold, soggy germ-breeding potatoes makes me weary... any advice?
lone gone
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 03:48:52 am »

Paper towels under the spuds and for you, a nice reading lamp to sit under.
jackhadin05

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 03:28:49 am »

Any sort of you do, if you do decide refrigerate mashed potatoes, do so alongside no having too a great contract consuming H2O in them. : ( Soggy potatoes... In top of that I'm a food-poisoning paranoid, well sort-of, because of getting got many really annoying bouts with what kind of. So even inside the cold, soggy germ-breeding potatoes might appear to make me weary... any kind of guidance?
Captein
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 06:06:09 pm »

It's a program that pulls from a thesaurus and tries to reword entire posts. Someone is trying to create a human-like forum bot. Weird.
coolerthanme
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 08:07:07 pm »

It's a program that pulls from a thesaurus and tries to reword entire posts. Someone is trying to create a human-like forum bot. Weird.

That is fun!  I want to try it!

Ahem.

jackhadin05, I like your pic and you certainly have a way with words!  Message me!  I'd like to get to know you better!  Smiley

Now let's see what happens!
davidbenz017

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 01:40:02 am »

It appears pretty simple and easy.   "The church definitely will fall" is probably in reference to Paul's assertion that if Christ did not advancement, then we are of all guys most to be pitied. Indeed, if Christ did not raise in his body, then we are going to not advancement once more in your bodies.
This poem is actually apology to a Gnostic idea that Christ is spirit, your body signifies practically nothing. The artice writer points to the knowable actual physical measureable Christ.... the Man/God.

omerjones

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 04:08:40 am »

Hi Friends,
I am here in this site just for relaxation, i am working in the real estate company austin apartments locator, while working i has to manage lots job at a time which lead to the tiredness and headache. I want something where i can feel better atleast by sharing some ideas.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: