Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:56:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a church in Des Moines  (Read 4932 times)
ForwardMove
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« on: February 18, 2011, 07:20:21 am »

Hello,

I'm looking for a church in Des Moines area that preaches Christ-centered messages.
I really like John Piper's teachings because his sermons glorify Jesus and His work.

If you know of a church in Des Moines area that has biblical teachings and Jesus glorifying messages, I'd really appreciate you letting me know about that church.

Thanks so much.
Rebekah
Private Forum Access
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 08:01:08 pm »

Have you looked into First Federated Church? I know some people who like that one. I'm afraid I don't know how well it aligns with John Piper's teachings.

Good luck!
ONNNNNN

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:06:33 pm »

First Family Church would allign with what John Piper said.  They both believe in reformed theology if thats what your getting at
ForwardMove
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 06:45:07 am »

Thank you everyone for recommending churches. Though not looking forward to "church shopping", I will be visiting these churches.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: