Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:58:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GCM pastor arrested on sexual assault charges?  (Read 14126 times)
puff of purple smoke
Administrator
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: July 24, 2008, 07:17:45 am »

Does anybody know anything about a guy named Manuel Guillermo Taboada/Memo Taboada? According to the below newspaper article he was arrested on sexual assault charges, had a ministry in Portland and then moved to Hawaii, and was a member of "Great Commission Ministries" in Portland:

http://starbulletin.com/2008/07/24/news/story02.html

A minister who leads a Kaneohe commune is in jail on $2 million bail, accused of multiple sexual assaults against one of his young female followers.

City prosecutors allege that Manuel Guillermo Taboada, 56, also known as Memo Taboada, first assaulted the girl when she was 12 years old and continued the attacks over eight years.

"The defendant moved the victim into his room with his family to groom her into a leadership position, taking her from her family's room, and moved her into another house," she said.

"There were similar allegations against the defendant in his ministry that he formed in Portland, Ore., and a similar investigation is being conducted in Oregon at this time by authorities," she said.

A Web site that lists ministries in Portland lists Taboada as the pastor of Great Commission Ministries. It also lists the same nonworking telephone number.

Here is the website linking him with "Great Commission Ministries":

http://www.missionportland.org/ministries/ministrytypes__a-b.asp
Benevolence      Great Commission Ministries      535 NE 57th Ave      OR      Portland      97213      Pastor Manuel Taboada      808-479-5846

Is it the same "Great Commission Ministries"? Anybody heard of this guy?
Linda
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 08:47:41 am »

This sounds like a different GCM.

I know that Tom Mauriello said a number of ministries other than GCC were  part of GCM and he was going to post those on this forum, but he never did. Perhaps this would be a good time since I'm sure he would want to distance his GCM from this GCM.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
BEN ALLEN
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:16:31 pm »

Quote from: "Linda"
This sounds like a different GCM.

I know that Tom Mauriello said a number of ministries other than GCC were  part of GCM and he was going to post those on this forum, but he never did. Perhaps this would be a good time since I'm sure he would want to distance his GCM from this GCM.

Manuel G. Taboata has been involved in Portland OR
 SINCE somewhere before 1990 I know this becuase that was when my ex-wife involved herself with his  " ministry ". She also involed my [2] children  in his " ministry ", comune, cult, they lived in it, in Portland until
1999 when it spliterd, [ A break doun, partilly do to legal actions that involed myself and my ex-wife. ] she moved to Hawaii with them at that time with one of my children, married one of the many illgal alians members, and broke up with it recintly with many of the other members.
  They were also conected to Seattle, and some parts of eastern WASHONGTON also Huh? to the tip of  S. America, [many illgal imergrants, that they were directly involed in bringing  accross the border, or back across, ] if you serch Manuel TABOATA, Portland, thiers an artical, where one of his " leaders"are being indited on simular charges.
 18 plus years of struggle, diseption, fight, win, lose, both childen are out of it now.
  A detectives in the case told me that the case is so extremly uneak, and complex. That there is nobody truly qualified to advise my childen and myself of the true nature, and ramifcations for us in this case. It is in it's complexcities one of a kind.
BEN ALLEN
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 10:23:37 am »

THANK YOU  

JUST THIS                          
Quote:
Benevolence Great Commission Ministries 535 NE 57th Ave OR Portland 97213 Pastor Manuel Taboada 808-479-5846

AND THAT HE USED THE TITLE AT LEAST RIGHT AFTER THEY MOVED TO HAWAII, ALSO IN WASHINGTON.

OTHER THAN THAT, MANY OF THE PIONTS MADE IN OTHER  DISSIONS ABOUT THE GCM THAT IS OF CONCERN IN THESE FORUMS. HAS VERY MANY SIMULARITIES.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: