Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:20:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iowa City Church - 1983-1994 - any former members?  (Read 2724 times)
calgal
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« on: January 14, 2010, 10:10:36 am »

Dear former Iowa City GCI members:

I recently moved back to Iowa, having lived in California for the past 13 years.  Intially I was reluctant to post my name as you will all know who I am.  But as I move back, I have to heal from the explosive nature in which I left the church.  Or maybe I should say I was kicked out of the church. Or is the word "Ex-communicated?"    It was easy to leave these memories behind when I moved to CA, having to focus on making a living and raising my three sons.  Now back in Iowa, my ex-husband is now a pastor in GCI church in Cedar Rapids (he was a pastor-in-training when we were married under the discipleship of Duane).  

I am seeking healing. I would like to re-connect with any former Iowa City GCI-ers.  Please reach out for me.

Calgal
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 08:30:27 pm by calgal » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: