Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:56:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salvage Project Experience  (Read 39640 times)
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2018, 11:21:51 am »

I just checked to see if the right thing has been done. No, no it has not.

The Salvage Project website: www.thesalvageproject.org has not corrected the tax status error nor have they posted a notice to alert those who have already donated that their donations have not been tax deductible.

The tax exemption claim can be still be seen on the donation page: http://www.thesalvageproject.org/donate

I design websites. It does not take long to change a page even if you are on your own server. Jeromy Darling has said he designs websites so I expect he would change the text on the page if he wanted to. If someone is maintaining the Salvage Project website for Jeromy Darling then they will hopefully help him out and update the pages.

Thank you for your ministry Oneofmany, you've got a big heart for helping others.

Why thank you, Yes I do.
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 05:55:34 pm »

Another day or two goes by and still http://www.thesalvageproject.org/donate misinforms people that their donations are tax exempt!

Honestly correcting this error is easy. I have websites on my own server. I have websites on shared servers and even on servers that provide templates. It does not take long to make these changes. Less than an hour in the worst circumstances.

Jeromy Darling the longer you allow people to believe that you are at this time, tax exempt, the less honest you appear to be. Change your website Jeromy Darling. Your followers will likely only love you more for it.
Huldah
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 02:45:33 pm »

Latest update from the IRS website, dated July 6, 2018, still shows no reinstatement date for The Salvage Project's tax-exempt status. The Salvage website still is claiming donations are deductible.

Updates to the IRS database can sometimes be delayed, so it's possible that the paperwork just hasn't been processed or the database isn't current. Nonetheless, it's now been just over eight months that the Salvage website has continued to claim tax-exempt status after the IRS revoked that status.
Isthisreal?
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 03:08:39 pm »

Let me get this straight? You have a group restoring broken, forgotten people's lives through the gospel message but can't let go of the cynical, fault-finding forum mentality and stalk their online site in detail to find something to complain about......nice job.
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 03:44:31 pm »

I agree, nice job Huldah.  Some people do care about honesty, integrity, and obeying the law and whatever the Darlings' next move will be, it's important for people to see their actions in regards to financial ethics.

I do understand that those who admire the Darlings would rather give them a pass.  On fraudulently posing as a 501c3 in good standing, on being a predatory pastor, whatever.  When Jeromy Darling came to this forum and compared himself to Paul and Jesus while blasting others, he invited evaluation of his character.  When Jeromy used his word, his life, his family, and his virgin status while single as a reflection of his father to defend his father's name, well...his word that he offered as "proof," and "eye witness evidence" is questionable since he's lying to collect donations for his charity. 

Wait a minute, what's that word that just keeps popping up...hypocrisy...

Let me get this straight? You have a group restoring broken, forgotten people's lives through the gospel message but can't let go of the cynical, fault-finding forum mentality and stalk their online site in detail to find something to complain about......nice job.
Truality
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 04:26:14 pm »

Ok, new here, but have been watching for quite some time. What I see is the ACLU of gcm. Suzy Q
Truality

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2018, 04:51:46 pm »

To be specific, for those immature enough to read this garbage, mostly what is posted here by forum members is simply gossip and malicious gossip. If your not a Christian, have at it, but for brother and sister in Christ, it’s absurd to believe anything said here. There is NOTHING here that would be recommended by any Christian leader or counselor. You have a few self proclaimed experts because they attend a Christian school, of which one in particular I financially support and have contacted the school on one forum members activity here. If their type of activity on this forum continues, myself and a few friends who substantially donate will withdraw support. ANY Christian organization would NOT advocate the blatant lies and gossip portrayed here. Freedom of speech is one thing, but out and out smearing of on going ministries is liable. Most likely my last post, depending on activity from a few. If you are a Christian, grow up and get off the milk to solid productive nourishment in our Lord Jesus.
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2018, 05:18:29 pm »

To be specific, for those immature enough to read this garbage, mostly what is posted here by forum members is simply gossip and malicious gossip. If your not a Christian, have at it, but for brother and sister in Christ, it’s absurd to believe anything said here. There is NOTHING here that would be recommended by any Christian leader or counselor. You have a few self proclaimed experts because they attend a Christian school, of which one in particular I financially support and have contacted the school on one forum members activity here. If their type of activity on this forum continues, myself and a few friends who substantially donate will withdraw support. ANY Christian organization would NOT advocate the blatant lies and gossip portrayed here. Freedom of speech is one thing, but out and out smearing of on going ministries is liable. Most likely my last post, depending on activity from a few. If you are a Christian, grow up and get off the milk to solid productive nourishment in our Lord Jesus.

How dare you call my personal experience at this church as lies and gossip. How dare you!!!
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2018, 05:22:37 pm »

It's "blatant lies and gossip" if you post information taken directly from the IRS website and The Salvage Project website. But if you're defrauding your donors by claiming tax-exempt status that you don't have, that's... not a blatant lie? Okayyyyy....
Truality

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2018, 05:28:02 pm »

How dare you call my personal experience at this church as lies and gossip. How dare you!!!

You listened to testimony that you took as abusive. Have you ever met a woman grieving her past who found healing in Christ Love? Testimony is a powerful healing tool that even Jesus used to minister. You are only hurting yourself and others by your anger and attacks on ministry that ACTUALLY helps. Get in the word, and away from this anger induced garbage
Truality

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2018, 05:34:45 pm »

It's "blatant lies and gossip" if you post information taken directly from the IRS website and The Salvage Project website. But if you're defrauding your donors by claiming tax-exempt status that you don't have, that's... not a blatant lie? Okayyyyy....

Hulda, come on, get authentic with your thinking. Do you actually believe this ministry to be corrupt? Gossip,plain and simple. That is the issue for those donating, NOT this gossip forum. You all remind me of the scripture defining those who where afraid of Jesus teaching
Rebel in a Good Way
Private Forum Access

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2018, 05:40:14 pm »

Make sure you contacted the Seminary and not the University. They're technically different.  Cool 

OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2018, 05:43:05 pm »

You listened to testimony that you took as abusive. Have you ever met a woman grieving her past who found healing in Christ Love? Testimony is a powerful healing tool that even Jesus used to minister. You are only hurting yourself and others by your anger and attacks on ministry that ACTUALLY helps. Get in the word, and away from this anger induced garbage

In your"righteous" indignation you have sinned. First you are posting on a site for those who have left aGCM church and need to discuss the abuse they suffered there. Second you are acting like a bully telling others that they should leave this forum or you will put pressure on to have them fired. Those actions are power hungry and hate filled. What a horrible thing to do just because you don't agree with someone. You are not righteous. You are not acting in love. I hope you can see that. As for the Salvage Project Christian thing to do is to hold Jeromy to do the right thing and stop breaking federal law. He is in danger of being taken to court by the IRS and going to prison!! Every single person who has donated to him could have financial trouble with the IRS because the donations are not deductible. Jeromy is breaking the law. I did call the IRS and they take this very seriously. I am baffled that you would defend someone who is breaking the law! Jeromy, his donors, and his family will suffer when this ends up in court. All he had to do is change the website but he won't. He has started here that he is above the law. Funny that the Bible does not agree with him.
Huldah
Private Forum Access

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2018, 06:57:31 pm »

Hulda, come on, get authentic with your thinking. Do you actually believe this ministry to be corrupt?

Not sure what you mean by corrupt. This much is clear: they lost their 501c3 status in November last year. They didn't update their website to that effect, even when the oversight (let's give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume it really was an oversight) was pointed out to them last month. That is dishonest. These facts are not in question.

If you care that much about the reputation of The Salvage Project, why don't you contact them and urge them to get their house in order? They haven't listened to us, but they might listen to a supporter.
Truality

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2018, 07:25:10 pm »

Hulda, come on, get authentic with your thinking. Do you actually believe this ministry to be corrupt?

Not sure what you mean by corrupt. This much is clear: they lost their 501c3 status in November last year. They didn't update their website to that effect, even when the oversight (let's give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume it really was an oversight) was pointed out to them last month. That is dishonest. These facts are not in question.

If you care that much about the reputation of The Salvage Project, why don't you contact them and urge them to get their house in order? They haven't listened to us, but they might listen to a supporter.

The last thing We worry about is tax right off. The agenda here is obviously to damage, NOT protect. That is not only phony, but absurd. I’m a business man, and have extensive experience in tax right off. The ministry your forum is attacking is not only above the level looked at, but considered what the laws are intended. The FACT that you and others try and manipulate a legitimate ministry only hurts all ministry. It’s obvious this forum will do whatever it can to damage or curtail what it can that is in any way involved or related to a GMC organization. This is shortsighted to say the least, as the issues brought up here very rarely depict reality today. Do you even consider those who are saved through a ministry such as this? What is the extent of your agenda? Can you not see or except any perspective of the souls touched? Do You really need to attack what is good? This in itself shows the integrity of this forum.
araignee19
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2018, 07:46:48 pm »

The last thing We worry about is tax right off. The agenda here is obviously to damage, NOT protect. That is not only phony, but absurd. I’m a business man, and have extensive experience in tax right off. The ministry your forum is attacking is not only above the level looked at, but considered what the laws are intended. The FACT that you and others try and manipulate a legitimate ministry only hurts all ministry. It’s obvious this forum will do whatever it can to damage or curtail what it can that is in any way involved or related to a GMC organization. This is shortsighted to say the least, as the issues brought up here very rarely depict reality today. Do you even consider those who are saved through a ministry such as this? What is the extent of your agenda? Can you not see or except any perspective of the souls touched? Do You really need to attack what is good? This in itself shows the integrity of this forum.

Cool. Experience with tax “right” offs. How about write-offs? Any experience with those? If so, could you explain to me how having correct tax information on a website would be difficult to do? And if it is not difficult, why doesn’t Jeromy just do it? Correcting that info will certainly not lead to *fewer* souls being saved, will it?
Ghost

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2018, 07:47:10 pm »

PWW did a new account..refuses to go away..his side kick soon to follow....Troll Life rules
GodisFaithful
Private Forum Access

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2018, 07:55:19 pm »

The Salvage Project thinks that the laws are not there for the intended purpose of people who run tax deductible charities to follow them? Huh? So the laws are there for all to see, but the intention of the IRS is that they not be followed? Huh?

My husband and I pay attention to that. We sometimes give even if it is not tax deductible, but we deduct what we are allowed.

This ministry thinks it is above the law? Can ignore the law?
OneOfMany
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2018, 08:08:41 pm »

Ok. So you are a Christian who does not believe you are required to obey the law. Wow. Just wow. Have you read the Bible yet? Jesus clearly tells us to obey the law. If your church has told you that you don't have to obey the law then they lied to you.

Is this out of Darlings philosophy that all of your sins are forgiven, even those you have not yet committed, and those you do not repent of? You believe that as a Christian you can sin and break the law because you are saved? Really? Because that is what you are saying.
Truality

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2018, 08:30:53 pm »

Cool. Experience with tax “right” offs. How about write-offs? Any experience with those? If so, could you explain to me how having correct tax information on a website would be difficult to do? And if it is not difficult, why doesn’t Jeromy just do it? Correcting that info will certainly not lead to *fewer* souls being saved, will it?

Oh yeah, the politically correct monitor of the forum. Explain to me why this is any of your business! Do you have ANY compassion for the lost? Where is the line you draw between saving souls and being politically correct?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: