Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:17:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tim Rude  (Read 8301 times)
Captein
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« on: June 28, 2012, 12:39:50 pm »

What is there to know about him? What was his relation to Jim McCotter and the Ames crew? I'm still trying to fit all of the pieces together.
askingquestionsaboutGCI
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 09:23:30 pm »

It would be interesting to see something like a family tree, starting with Jim McCotter, Dennis Clark, Herschel Martindale, etc., and working down through the various years/churches to see how people fit into this big puzzle.....
stevekoelin
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:07:34 am »

What is there to know about him? What was his relation to Jim McCotter and the Ames crew? I'm still trying to fit all of the pieces together.

Relation to Jim McCotter and the Ames crew. I am also still confused on this.

It would be interesting to see something like a family tree, starting with Jim McCotter, Dennis Clark, Herschel Martindale, etc., and working down through the various years/churches to see how people fit into this big puzzle.....

Ha ha ha. Really It would be very interesting. lol

Captein
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 09:17:28 am »

Oh my, they're evolving. That post was more intelligible than the others. Is it possible to IP ban these accounts?
TheAtheist
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 11:38:32 pm »

I think this is a worthy project indeed! If one cares to go back before McCotter in a discipleship tree, I think what we'll find is that GCx is a close cousin to The Brethren (a.k.a. the Garbage Eater Cult) by virtue of their mutual descent from the Plymouth Brethren. Showing direct relationships could be very educational.
nolongergci
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 07:51:27 am »

To The Atheist
"The Brethren" aka "the garbage eater cult" do not have their roots in the Plymouth Brethren movement. GCx family tree was through the Plymouth Brethren, but most of those beliefs are gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: