Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:57:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Best Season is Yet to Come (short video)  (Read 1909 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: May 29, 2016, 06:26:40 pm »

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

"Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why have you become disturbed within me?
Hope in God for I SHALL YET praise him
The help of my countenance and my God"
Psalm 40

Wanted to share this inspirational short video (below) on the successive seasons of our lives. I found that right behind one of the coldest darkest seasons in my life came one of the warmest loveliest seasons of which I thought only dreams were made of. May this short encouragement remind you, too, that often the best season of your life is yet to come.

Tap the link below for the short video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xejXXgPmw6Q

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 08:55:58 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 09:57:08 am »

Worship Him

Because the Best is Yet to Come!

Some believers feel empty when it comes to worship. It is not an overflowing of gratitude, but a doubting about where they stand with God. Even feeling like they aren’t good enough or do enough and they are drained in their inner spirit. I believe the vast majority of these people are believing the lie that they don’t measure up to deserve God’s goodness because someone who “represents” God to them has disapproved or rejected them.

Gratefulness was our motivation to praise Him, thank Him, obey Him & proclaim Him when we first heard  God’s marvelous great news for us and received Christ. There was little striving needed to inspire us. We were SO amazed at his constant unconditional love. But, then others told us we had to meet certain standards to be acceptable to God. We had to perform certain “rituals.” We had to prove our spiritual worth to men who claimed to be God’s representatives. There was always something more we needed to do.

But that is NOT what the exceedingly good news of the Gospel tells us. Jesus finished our performance to be accepted and adored as God’s child. He fulfilled the law FOR US. It is only out of this knowledge and true understanding that our love for God flows in return. It is like fountain gushing forth Jesus says. It is NOT our striving, but the Spirit’s humble working.

After many years in Christ, gratitude is still our highest motivation to praise, thank, obey and proclaim Him. Meditating on our forgiven and righteous state naturally produces gratitude. When David was down he told his soul to “Hope in God, for I will YET praise Him.” There is always hope, grace, and joy YET TO COME. His promises are full of this truth. So, in confidence of his eternal adoring acceptance of us and his breakthrough for us yet to come, we worship him. Be lifted up by this PraiseMob scene.

Nanoom Christian Praisemob - Vancouver - “God is Good”

https://youtu.be/dfxlat-tp_Q

« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 06:51:51 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: