Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:08:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TEACHING Wrong Doctrine teaches Walking in the FLESH!  (Read 16279 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: April 11, 2013, 06:48:49 am »

Just wanted to share what I thought was a very helpful message (I think addressed to a large conference of spiritual leaders in the church today).  What I particularly found helpful was the description of how WRONG DOCTRINE taught by "spiritual" leaders can teach others to actually walk in the flesh.  That very thing is a core and foundational practice in GCx.  Without our realizing it we had been taught both by example and through false doctrine to walk in the flesh through "religious" works (defined by GCx).  Though we were spouting off scriptures judging and rebuking our own brothers and sisters in Christ, we were actually behaving JUST LIKE THE WORLD!  We were operating in the flesh with verses and WITHOUT LOVE.  No wonder so many of us wanted to get far away from the Jesus we were taught.  

The program and speaker I watched seems to be anointed in this hour to bring this imperative message of GRACE to the universal body of Christ.  You can watch it at this link:     http://www.creflodollarministries.org/Broadcast/Broadcast.aspx

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:56:30 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Jamepoison
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:06:42 am »

What I've read all this. It is very beneficial undertakings, I will use it on a daily basis.

lovebombed

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 01:36:30 pm »

Be careful where you are getting your information. Ceflo dollar has been widely criticized for asking his congregation for a tens of millions of dollars plane, amoung other excesses. Just because someone is not gcm doesn't mean they are reputable. If anything, leaving great commission ought to teach us all i
To do a lot more digging into our leaders and be a lot more skeptical, not less.
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 01:56:54 pm »

Good Advice.

His teaching on gospel of grace prior to six months ago for a season have been very helpful to other believers. In fact, James Robison invited him to talk on Life Today several times because of this new season of preaching the last few years.  James Robison is respected by many Christian leaders, and I respect him.

But, since you brought Creflo Dollar to our attention I will say I have been disappointed by his recent handling and treatment of a bible teacher he used to promote.  He publically announced that his congregation not listen to him or have anything to do with him because he began teaching something a little different than Dr. Dollar had taught.  Don't know the full details, but this shunned teacher did not appear to be teaching something anti-biblical when I checked his site.  It seemed an arrogant and controlling response toward this man and his own congregation.

Other well respected leaders of Christian organizations also receive high salaries and benefits which I do not always understand, but trust that they are necessary for their mission.

I laugh at the finances coerced out of GCx members and how they were spent.  Often for personal glory or glory of the organization.  Of course, we were NEVER supposed to question that or much else.  For a very long time its spending was never revealed to its members.  

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:14:23 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
lovebombed

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 05:09:31 pm »

No kidding on the gcx finances. Ceflo has issues, but there is no denying ghaggreaf commission does as well...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: