Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:51:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUN from the FAKE Life  (Read 5813 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: January 25, 2012, 10:18:38 am »

"having a form of godliness but denying its power.  Have NOTHING to do with them."
2 Timothy 3:5

I watched an enlightening study today on Spiritual Discernment:  in loving with spiritual knowledge and discernment so that you are not seduced by the evil one because of your emotions.  Today on 'Wednesdays with Beth' on Life Today with James and Betty Robison.  Please watch her on TV or internet download at   www.lifetoday.org/video/?search=Beth20%Moore

What I got out of it was:   how we are to love others, but not blindly, not having relationships with those who we like or who seem nice but practice something that is not 'ringing true' or not quite right.  When our emotions tell us to proceed, but our gut (often the Holy Spirit) tells us to question it.  Similar to a boyfriend or fiance we swoon over but has lied to us once and again and again.   Because of what we have need of, we may well ignore these signals for reason that the offer appears to supply our yearning (known or unknown).

So today, I fished for the memory of the first encounters with GCx when my gut similarly reacted.  I never really had the time or freedom then to process what was taking place.  Clues in my gut started on the first night when I was being swooped off, after having truly received Christ that evening (through a sister in Christ that I look forward to fellowshipping with in heaven), to be baptized that same evening without much time to consider the proposition. The next day, not wanting to be "disobedient", I submitted to it under compulsion.  It was a scary, uncomfortable experience with strange people praying over me, however giving me LOTS of attention.  My head was spinning probably because others were "turning me so quickly" I couldn't get my bearings; instead of myself and GOD alone making a thoughtful and personal choice to feel at peace about.  The Word in James says wisdom is first peaceable, then pure.  

Soon after, they came to visit and to tell me I didn't need to wear make-up or "attractive" clothes anymore.  I wanted to please Christ and thought perhaps giving these things up would do that, but I still knew something was a little weird, gut clue number two.  BUT, these people were SOOOOO nice to me.  Now I realize they were indoctrinated with conniving persuasion that told them they were more "important" and "spiritual" if they attracted "ducklings to follow them around, which was founder's demand of proving one's spirituality and committment", and sadly one of his many deceptive schemes to use others to build up "his" church.  These "fruitful people" were well rewarded with accolades and greater honor, only as long as they were bringing more into the fold.  When they stopped serving the purposes of the egotistical leaders they were dropped like a hot potato.

Then, the third was not hard to recall.  Within the same week I was "properly collected" by someone who stuck herself to me. Now, I realize that God does not intend for frienships to be sticky like glue. These are messy entanglements, in this case part of a greater web which serve only to come between us and God, to take the place of God. The Bible tells us Jesus is to be the only friend that is to stick closer than a brother.  He IS THE ONE we are to be CODEPENDENT ON.  Anyhow, we were on our way to a fellowship supper when I commented on how cute I thought one guy in particular was, then was promptly notified "Oh, WE DON'T date-".  Although stunned in my gut, everything was happening so fast I must have traded this new "permanent-built-in relationship" with these people for this strange requirement.  It was mesmerizing but fun because of new "friends" and singles to hang out with.  

Little did I know how these "instant friends" would require much more of me, and that these relationships were far from God's idea of unconditional love.  They, like me, traded in sincerety and truth for "undivisive unity" and "club eliteness purity".  We forsook the love of our Bridegroom for the acceptance of the people in God's name.   In fact, along with them, we perpetuated a FAKENESS of GODLINESS that came straight from the top.  We knew the "rules" and sweated to keep them.  I didn't have a clue that the founder, still very much in charge, was more like the godless men in 2 Timothy 2:14 - 3:9.  His fruit REALLY and SADLY was selfish, greedy, boastful, proud, abusive, disrespectful of parents, ungrateful, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, brutal, treacherous, rash, conceited, -- having a form of godliness (Oh! what a cold smelly fish he could sell as a warm fuzzy sweater) but denying its power.  Godliness' power and effectiveness is shown in its real fruit, not its pretensions.  (Certainly not the number of people you catch by hook or by crook.)  It makes me want to cry that I submitted to this man of such depraved character that would steal, wreck, and destroy so many lives.

Like the Word of God says, wolves in sheeps clothing treacherously lead unknowing and ignorant sheep into their lair.  They then eat them alive.  

BUT GOD RAISES THE SPIRITUALLY DEAD!  I AM LIVING PROOF OF IT.

YOUR GREATEST DAYS ARE YET AHEAD, GOD PROMISES IT!

The poor and needy search for water, but there is none;
their tongues are parched with thirst.

But I the LORD will answer them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
and the parched ground into springs.
I will put in the desert the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive.
I will set pines in the wasteland, the fir and the cypress together,
so that people may see and know, may consider and understand,
that the hand of the LORD has done this, that the Holy One of Israel has created  it.
Isaiah 41:17-20

Seeking to Rest in The Sweetest of Hands,

Janet Easson Martin

Disclaimer:  This is just a blog on a forum, so I have not done any final edits.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 06:48:15 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
coolerthanme
Obscure Poster (1-14 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 09:34:54 pm »

I love this post.  I just want you to know that. 

I was told not to read or listen to Beth Moore, as I didn't need someone telling me how to the read the Bible.  But the authors they liked and approved were okay even if they were telling a person how to read the Bible.  I see now that is because Beth Moore is so straightforward and speaks to the heart of matters which must be very threatening to them.  And because she is a woman.
EverAStudent
Private Forum Access

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 12:37:47 pm »

Another excellent and gifted instructor is Kay Arthur; she teaches her students how to read, understand, and interpret the English translation of the Scriptures.  Her program is called Precepts (though it is only for women and I did not pass the physical exam so only my wife attends). 
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 07:14:26 pm »

Dear Coolerthanme,

Thank you much for the encouragement.  

Approximately how long ago were GCx leaders passing this down through the chain or saying in church meetings to their followers not to listen to Beth Moore?  Six months ago, in the last year, last two to five years, etc?  It's good to have FOR THE RECORD since they claim all these spiritual controls (really spiritual ABUSES) happened 'before the "Apology Letter" and things are different now!'.  Are there any other christian bible authors, teachers, speakers they have  censured since the "Apology Letter"?  

Let's take this opportunity to address this practice to others who may be reading (especially those still captured by GCx):
This is exactly the kind of stuff the false teachers in the New Testament did - criticized those preaching the truth and said their SPIN on the Bible's words was more accurate.  THIS is what they said about Paul.  Read 2 Corinthians Chapter 11.  They put stuff in the believer's minds that made them suspicious of Paul!  Why?  Paul said it was to keep them from listening to him or they would be MARKED AS FALSE!  

"If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ
and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing.  
He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions..."
1 Timothy 6:3

False Teachers or Wolves isolate, steal, wound, tear down and kill the true spirit and faith of believers.  They divide them from their help, conquer them for their own selfish desires and ambition, and make them as robots for their using.  They want their flock to remain WEAK.  

Approved Teachers of God's Word are much different.  They, respectfully and fearfully recognize believers as God's personal and valued creation inviting their individuality and spontaneity because they love with God's love!  They seek to strengthen the gifts and maturity of their flock.  They unite believers to their help and gifted usefulness in the local and universal body of Christ.  They give to them sacrificially (without demanding anything in return), build them up, strengthen them in their personal relationship with their Saviour, and heal the faith of some that is either wounded and wrecked.  Thus the detection is evident as to which "teachers/churches" are participating in the "tearing down" and which teachers/churches are participating in the "building up".  

"See that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy,
which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.  
For in Christ all the fullness of the Diety lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ,
who is the head over every power and authority."

Colossians 2:8-18

Their FRUIT is an accurate indicator, the bible says (see post "How do you recognize a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing?).  God says that is how we will know who the False Teachers are.   IT IS CERTAINLY NOT EVIDENT BY THE ONES WHO SAY THEY AREN'T FALSE TEACHERS!  The identification process is based on the power demonstrated through them to genuinely care for, love and accept others and themselves. Out of the eternal spring tapped by faith their love and faith is ever increasing as they are built up together through sound teaching; NOT on the basic principles of the world like one-up-manship pyramid schemes, and prideful positional parading that feeds only the ego.  

When you check out a church watch carefully the fruit - the followers.  Are they free and spontaneous, full of joy and sincere love flowing from the inside?  Or are they mostly facsimiles pretentiously parading their "godliness like actors on a stage, speaking with contrived charm and simulated love through velvety speech but jealousy run rampant their heart?  (This is what I experienced as a very subtle underlying current in GCx)  These qualities are passed down from the top and are copied to gain pyramidal success in this biblically "sick" church.  Some other fruit:  If you are feeling insignificant, empty, lonely, miserable (as many have put it from GCx), and unloved in a church of believers - Get Up, Get Out Fast, and Get Going with God to find the one he has for you. If you don't feel sincerely loved, cared for, and useful there it's not the one Our God, The Ever Compassionate Father, has for you.

"Watch out for those who cause divisions
and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned (truth from Paul).
Keep away from them...By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people."
Romans 16:17,18

God implores us to Examine for ourselves the fruit.  Ask him to show you things that are not obvious to you and confirm them more than once in His Word.  He has probably already tried to speak to you through other believers outside this church.  I've often been told, especially in Henry Blackaby's EXPERIENCING GOD Study that God speaks through HIS WORD, YOUR QUIET PRAYER TIME WITH HIM, YOUR CHURCH LEADERS, AND HIS CHURCH in general (OTHER BELIEVERS), and CIRCUMSTANCES.  This is the most endearing trait of our Heavenly Father to me.

"I praise Him who counsels me"
Psalm 17

The Bible asks for the testimony of only two or three true witnesses (in this case anonymous posters) to testify against an elder or leader in the church.  There are many more than that according to witnesses posting on this site.

So why hasn't anything been done in this church or organization or in the Body of Christ?

Perhaps the reason God has not shut them down yet is because He looongs for his children to get stronger and mature through ACTING THEMSELVES ON HIS AUTHORITY - the authority of HIS WORD, not depending upon the authority of man - TO LEAVE ON OUR OWN VOLITION.  God says in the Psalms 'Do not put your trust in princes' or in mortal men.  Even men with the best of intentions have beeen VERY WRONG.  He wants us to submit to pastors and elders WHO PREACH TRUTH according to GOD'S WORD.  That's why we MUST, must, must examine the teachings WE RECEIVE for ourselves against the BIBLE.  He wants us to eXeRcIsE the mind of Christ he has given US, the fearlessness of the Holy Spirit he has empowered us with TO MAKE SURE we are in the way of 'pure and simple devotion to Christ', FLEEING any attempting to steal HIS PLACE.  

"I promised you to one husband, to Christ,
so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.  
But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning,
your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ
."
2 Corinthians 11:2-3     PLEASE READ CONTEXT 2 Cor. 10-13

Pathetically the lack of integrity of GCx in honestly and remorsefully admitting their VAST SIN, beginning their diminishing or dismissing the sin of their leaders or their Organization, and including much SILENCING and SHUNNING of those attempting to testify OF offenses they have witnessed; causes this ravaging of God's sheep to broaden and increase. The sheep become more powerless as they stay.  The drastic foul affect they have on those helpless inside their "secret pen" has forced the sheep into the POSITION of having to TO CRY OUT TO EACH OTHER for help and affirmation; and to WARN THOSE NOW WHO UNKNOWINGLY are being SUBLTY RECRUITED into their lair.  This forum (though censured by GCx to it's people) is the widest known vehicle for communication, connection, and knowledge of practices for those past and present who need empathy, sympathy, help and healing of abuses.

"I am against the prophets who wag their own tongues and yet declare, 'The Lord declares,' ...
"They tell them and lead MY PEOPLE astray with their reckless lies, yet I did not send or appoint them.  
They DO NOT BENEFIT these people in the least," declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 23:31,32

We are taking inventory of actual abuses from the posts on this site.  This horrendously long LIST of horrifying actions against brothers in Christ by this church organization and its affliates is necessary since they have NOT REALLY REPENTED as GOD's WORD defines repentence, and are an actual danger to the faith of others.  According to the word of God they must be held accountable.  Their pathetic "Excuses" Letter (commonly referred to as the "Apology" Paper written over 20 years ago and sparsely sent out) is not God's biblical form of accountability or repentence.  Defending sin and making excuses for it are NEVER EVER GODLY REPENTANCE!  God defines repentence below:

"godly sorrow has produced in you:  what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done.  At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter."
2 Corinthians 7:11

Thank you so much for bringing this cunning practice of GCx to our attention on this GcxWarning Forum site.  And, thanks again for your welcome encouragement.  

Loving to Learn Personally From HIM,

Janet Easson Martin
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:06:08 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2023, 07:08:29 pm »

This describes a similar experience to one recently highlighted by Araignee19 regarding an episode of “The John Delony Show”, that I and others underwent in GCx. There are many like it on here from former members.

I was keeping the traditions of GCx due to the fact that I had been starved of true biblical foundations; and real biblical knowledge to truly grow in faith instead of a checklist of "righteousness" to take pride in.  I tried to fake super spirituality and superiority and looked down on others who weren't following the checklist; and actually treated them as though they weren't worthy of my time.  What a 'pharisee' I was!  I was imitating the behavior I saw in those who had a GCx reputation of being spiritual.   So, even though I knew Christ, I was probably acting as an imposter because most of what I said and did was NOT FROM THE HEART but to build a certain IMPRESSION.  In essence, I was not inside what I may have appeared to be on the outside.  

I would guess many in GCX are squeezed into this to hold onto some self-worth.  In fact, a highly regarded leading sister once admitted to me "I'm pretty good at FAKING IT."  We have a innate need to possess some matter of self-esteem.  Later when I left, I asked God to run me into these people I hurt so needlessly so I could genuinely apologize, and he began doing just that.

There definitely was a "class" system and I didn't want to be near the bottom.  It was a matter of scurrying up the ladder to gain my self-esteem which was continually being stripped away.  I was on such a desparate treadmill of trying to be worthy enough to those in man-made authority "over" me (translating their treatment into what God thought of me of course) I didn't have any energy or confidence left to find out any different.  But mostly I participated in this veiled deception because I WAS AFRAID.  

Fear was actually the driving force to stay on the treadmill.  We were told continually in word and deed what would likely happen to you if you did not follow their higher revelation of this "Truly dedicated New Testament Life of More Sacrifice". "Sin and backsliding awaited, destruction and possibly premature death hovered, and not in the least Eternity was at stake!"  

Such TRAGIC manipulation using half-truths with lies to keep us in their ranks.  That's, I think, why Paul says to those who are under false teaching "Where has all your joy gone?"  Who can have true unhindered joy in an environment of continual condemnation?  That IS what happens (according to the New Testament) when we put ourselves under a checklist, under a Law.  When I finally let God open my eyes to HIS TRUTH (from many Christian sources outside GCx) I began relaxing and enjoying life.  It was for sure was a process, but I did FEEL RELIEF amongst the early struggle of weaning myself from The GCx Law.  Because this was ingrained over 10 years, I still have to let God peel away remnant layers of condemnation.

-Janet Easson Martin,   (“Imposters!” 2011)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 01:40:18 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 08:57:16 am »

…it is quite another for them to join here, basically persecute folks for sharing their experience and their stories of abuse and exposing fake Christianity and fake righteousness -- in an effort to silence people who NEED to speak out and NEED to expose the leaders they so wish to shield from the light of truth and accountability. …

I tried to share with my pastor that I didn't feel I could share or friend many of these girls in our group because I couldn't be real with them; because I didn't want to fake 'happiness' like they did, and I didn't want to really engage in the things they did... and because they often manipulated me for favors.
-FeministRebel

We are called to be children of God, not someone who wants to play God over our lives. #TheGreatCollusion [Great Commission Organization -GCx], as we may as well call them now, is a fake body of churches that makes every excuse to take over your life. … The whole congregation became a giant toxic relationship as I was given a “covenant” to correct some of my behavior, which is basically saying “you’re gonna give us bad PR so we are going isolate you.” …  I am so glad I have left [GCx] Candlewood Church and kept my relationship with God.
-Child of Arkham

My first impression of this church was pretty good. … But after getting  involved in small groups and going a few weeks in a row it eventually started to feel odd (or fake, I am not sure). … I can't listen to this anymore it feels self righteous and shaming. So then as I do sometimes, I said self. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this. And then the googling began. And here I am..
-Mr.Guy

these are fake shepherds with false humility who lord it over everyone and not only abuse, but protect the abusers of, the sheep. …. Beware these men's disciples, they're wicked and all wholesome-y in their words but without understanding.

…slandering the group of people that created this site and claiming it was one; I've heard the many testimonies about how often these men faked and lied and deceived. I do not trust them either. In that there's much agreement.
-theresearchpersona

.. the conversations are so caned and fake. I think to myself, "Come on! you are adults way older than me. Can't you admit to each other that you are not friends." Just two pastors wives laughing together... I could be wrong of course, I often am. listening to those conversations now is like listening to an old language that I have not used in a while, perhaps I am a little rusty on it. I don't speak my GC that well these days.
-Captain Bible

« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 09:00:06 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 08:33:51 am »

The actions expected of new and young christians [in GCx] are unrealistic and unhealthy. They are driven to perform and pretend SPIRITUAL BACKFLIPS and HIGH DIVES that God has not yet trained or prepared them for, nor called them to. There are no such people as instant spiritual giants. Moses was about as giant as they get and he was BY NO MEANS INSTANT! The only way such people can perform in this SPIRITUAL CIRCUS is to FAAAAKE IIIIT! And I am confident I wasn't the only one. To me, that faking was so exhausting and depressing because I could not be FREE to be myself.

-Janet

« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 10:21:23 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: