Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:12:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The God I Know  (Read 3505 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: September 26, 2016, 07:56:35 pm »

The God I Know

Here is a refreshing song about the REAL freedom we have in our relationship with God.  Freedom in one's faith is something many of us once in GCx have struggled to realize.  We were stripped of personal freedoms in the name of "pleasing God"; when sadly it was in the name of GCx and their own glory.

Be refreshed and transformed in your faith to let go as you listen to this encouraging tune:

The God I Know by Love and The Outcome
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Px_aCjR5ZFA

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:58:48 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 08:12:54 pm »

The Only Religion Based on Love

This very short video brings tears to my eyes as you feel it’s glimpse of the kind of love only God can give.  You sense a marvelous peak at the unfathomable size of it.  I actually don’t know a thing about the messenger here, but I LOVE it’s message - let the unconditional love of God overwhelm you.  

This is drink for our thirsty soul:

https://youtu.be/basUKSCwFt4

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 09:54:14 am »

The God I Know

Isn’t Like the Condemning Preacher I Grew Up Hearing

It seems there could be something in this story of Kathy Ireland’s that we can each relate to. She came to know that Jesus is not like her preacher who would yell at his congregation, condemning them. For me, it is also that Jesus is not like much of the preaching I heard in GCx, especially that which carried the spirit of it’s founder, Jim McCotter. I could identify that her relationship with Jesus has been a journey. I am still pondering and inspired by the latter part of her attestation of greater trust as she matured. I ESPECIALLY liked how she found Jesus so faithful to answer her concerns, and way more than enough meet her needs. She shares it best in her own words on I am Second:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 07:51:21 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 10:27:56 pm »

Who He Is

Beautifully sung in this video are the names of God that tell us who he is. He is more than a jack-of-all-trades who can  supply whatever help you need. He knows exactly when you need it, how much to give you, the trouble you have suffered in the past, and the blessings you will enjoy in the future. He is the satisfaction and vindication of our soul! He is everything we will ever possibly need. There is no problem he doesn’t understand and no hurt he can’t carry us through. Oh, Lord, let us ponder all the wonders that you are and all things you do for us. Let us take you up on who you are for us.

This is the Link to short music video:
https://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=7PKZG7NX

« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 09:11:42 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 12:12:12 pm »

Fiercely Loving

This discussion with Randy Robison, Sheila Walsh and Lisa Bevere about our true identity according to God and his fierce love toward all. This very subject is something God has been opening my eyes to in the last year also. Looking at people through who we are in Christ -a forgiven people- helps us to see them more like God sees them. Thus, we will interact with and treat them much differently then self-righteous Pharisees we sadly may have been or seen too many examples of in the Christian community. This talk reveals the very compassionate and refreshing lens of the transforming gospel that too often is missing in churches today.

Be refreshed, encouraged, and perhaps renewed in your viewing lens.

Sons and Daughters - Lisa Bevere - “Life Today with James Robison”
(from 1:20 to 19:00 min. marks)

https://www.lightsource.com/ministry/life-today/lisa-bevere-sons-and-daughters-971709.html

« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 12:19:19 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 06:38:10 pm »

Today I had a need to be confident and assured that God would take care of a loved one. Instead of reading Psalm 139 about God’s close involvement and control in my life, I said it quietly with them in place of the pronoun “me.” Wow! It gave me a much better view of how involved God is their life. It gave me confidence and assurance of his deep love for them. It gave me rest in the unknown situation at hand.

Praise you for Your Loving Care, Lord. How often I forget especially when things seem out of control. Help us to pray some of your Psalms you’ve provided back to you in conversation to remind us of your wonderfulness.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 07:47:05 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: