Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:05:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Voice of The Deceiver  (Read 863 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: August 16, 2021, 08:34:48 pm »

The Voice of The Deceiver

Wow! The depiction of the voice of the devil, the Great Deceiver, in the movie, “Greater” is brilliant! His mocking and maligning criticism of God “whittles” away at our confidence about who God says he is. His relentless nagging that all is chaos, random, and purposeless questions the truth about what God does. Trying to get us to ultra focus on the apparent darkness of the immediate hardship rather than greater good it is supernaturally accomplishing steals what God says about his love for us. Getting us to only look at what we see with our natural eyes instead of seeing by faith and experiencing his comfort in our sorrows chips away at who God says we are.

Sitting and listening to the devil for a spell and adopting his lies is a sure path to experiencing and death and destruction in our soul. But turning a deaf ear to Satan, and claiming what God says he will do (in his timing) will bring us divine joy and peace.

Anyhow, “Greater” is inspiring for sure, especially since it’s a real story. Some of the acting may be a tad corny at first, but it doesn’t take long to get drawn into this young man’s life and even shed a tear or two. It’s definitely not over-religious. It’s heartfelt and even humorous. Most of all, it inspires you to want to take greater hold of trusting and believing God.

This movie is free with Netflix or only $3 on other platforms.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 07:49:08 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 09:05:37 am »

The Voice of The Deceiver says:

God Has Given Up on You

This vital message of encouragement and truth lifts us up out of the pit of Satan’s lie. It is one of many uplifting messages from Grace Wins. This 10 minute revitalization video may be just what your heart needs to know. Praise God for his never ending love toward us. Link below.

God Has Not Given Up on You | Stop Doubting & Start Trusting
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tsqRetWQPpw

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 09:56:58 pm »

The Voice of The Deceiver

in the “Greater” Movie

It just occurred to me that the wood “likeness” the man representing the Devil was continually carving away at could symbolize an idol.  An image that portrays what we want God to say and do and when we want him to do it, rather than the who he really is who loves us perfectly and passionately. Holding onto the little gods we make will surely only disappoint and constantly weigh us down. Let’s lose our grip on the false gods Satan puts in our path. Otherwise, it seems we’ll loose our joy and peace if we hold onto them. The Psalmist holding onto God has supernatural peace and joy and says through the Spirit:

I am at rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my stronghold; I will never be shaken.

Psalm 62:1-2

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 10:02:16 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: