Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:06:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cling to His Hand and DANCE!!  (Read 4244 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: February 06, 2013, 11:14:56 am »

CLING TO HIS HAND and DANCE!!

As I romance in the song, "Dance With the King" by Beckah Shae, I visualize myself taking my Savior’s offered hand to dance personally and intimately with him in a stunning serenaded waltz, with the glow of love upon our faces.  

I am a romantic like my mother.  I believe, myself, there will be magnificent dancing in heaven! After all, he did create it.  There are some I know he will give me to dance with that I was not able to dance with on earth!   I love listening to this song picturing myself gliding along in the Lord’s arms.  This is a picture to me of the grace and givingness of God.  As a believer secure in my eternal position, I am offered the choice on earth to cling to his hand and dance gloriously with the King.  I have turned him down too many times in my walk with Christ.  I have missed out much on the gliding and flow.  I have passed up so much the enthrall of his music.  But, I want to miss out no more.  He offers it, and he IS hurt and grieved when we ignore or turn away from him.  He is so jealous of our affections; he lovingly sends his rod to redirect us again and again.  

I have taken other hands:  spending my time, money, and energy on idols disguised as the Spirit of Truth and are not merciful.  These are vain idols I have tried to dance with.  Although these idols may look handsome and flatter me with their false words, they actually steal a little more vitality inside me each time.  And if turned away from my Savior long enough, I become like them –  a hollow shell.

What if this is what Paul was talking about to the believers in the Corinth and Galatia?  What if he was telling them their dependence on grace was FADING AWAY.  What if it happens through letting go of our Saviors' hand and clinging to worthless idols instead – even religious substitutes for living in grace.  I find the verse in Jonah 2:8 quite intriguing:  “Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.”   I really like the Wesley Explanatory Notes that say of Jonah 2:8:  “They - Whoever they are that depend upon idols.  Mercy - The Lord, who is to all that depend upuon him, the fountain of living waters; who is an eternal fountain of mercy, and flows freely to all that wait for him."  (Italics mine.)  Though the position of grace remains; the present experience of grace, however, is turned away from.  God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

Don’t get fooled.  His hand is the only one worth clinging to.  Listen to him as he gently whispers 1-2-3, 1-2-3 and take the small steps as he prompts you.  He wants to thrill you in his embrace, gliding and floating you over the floor in HIS SWAY.  He will induce you with supernatural ability to synchronize with His Holy Loving & Merciful Spirit in a grand dance, showing YOU off as his delightful BRIDE!!!

“So, my very dear friends, don’t get thrown off course. Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light. There is nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle. He brought us to life using the true Word, showing us off as the crown of all his creatures.”  

(James 1:16-18 The Message)

Dance with Him!!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:58:12 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 06:51:08 pm »

Here is the link to this song, by the way:

Beckah Shae - Dance With The King - YouTube
▶ 4:31▶ 4:31

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtHi8faOwyw

Apr 1, 2014 - Uploaded by La Migliore Musica Cristiana
2008 Shae Shoc Records Come! Come in! You're invited into this room to dance The King ...

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 08:53:51 am »

In this season of COVID, it is thrilling to remember what God’s people gathered together can do.  I feel this is a precursor of our marvelous joy and exultation to come in heaven, not too long from now:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NVv0jH33nL4
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 09:05:11 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 10:48:04 pm »

If I lived in Budapest, I would certainly like to check out this church, and participate in their Dance Ministry.  That is a dream my sister and I both share.  We would love to choreograph dance to christian music that truly ministers to others - perhaps Flash Mob style.  Hopefully, we can do it before we need walkers.  

Anyhow, here’s the Budapest “UpToFaith” Dance movement once more.  Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pycbZXwMJeE&t=84s

« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:49:41 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: