Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:04:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Continuing the Conversation with God Gives Us Confidence  (Read 9097 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: February 20, 2020, 08:28:54 pm »

Continuing the Conversation with God Gives Us Confidence

Reading about Gideon in preparation for teaching elementary age children about this real life hero increased my confidence before God.  Dressing up like him and telling about the supernatural that transpired in him and before him actually inspired me.  How he complained to God about the suffering of his own people.  And how God surprisingly made him the one to lead the fight against the Israelites’ brutal enemies.  I had not read the passages in Judges 6 & 7 relating to him for quite some time, but remembered the supernatural intimidation produced by only a small group of men blowing horns and lighting torches to scare the wits out of many thousands of enemy soldiers.  Looking at it again, I discovered new things from these chapters.

What I felt encouraged by in Gideon’s story was his frank and continuing conversation with God.  He expressed honestly his doubt in His care for the Israelites.  He actually questioned God about his prophecy for him to defeat the enemy.  He asked God for confirmation to carry out this mission more than once.  Three times, in fact.  God was compassionate toward Gideon, each time giving him the confidence he needed to move forward.  

Perhaps if Gideon did not open up honestly to God his fears would have gotten the better of him.  Without candor toward God, he could have grown bitter (with a wrong perception of God’s shepherding Israel).   With silence he might have dismissed the angel’s message as impossible.  He could possibly have remained oppressed in believing he was powerless against the enemy.  Without pouring out his fears and apprehensions to God, he may not have received the great encouragement God had to give, and may have given up.  Without continuing sincere dialog with God, he might not have trusted the empowerment to carry out God’s mission for him.  By not continually asking for help he could have missed an astonishing miracle in himself and dire circumstances!  

My favorite part of the story is after the Lord told Gideon to get up and go against the enemies’ camp and promised him victory.  He showed him such tender compassion by adding, “If you are afraid to attack, go down to the camp with your servant Purah and listen to what they are saying.  Afterward, you will be encouraged to attack the camp...”  As if anticipating Gideon’s nervousness, he gave him confirmation this time even before he asked.  

After studying this section of scripture and retelling it simply to children according to Gideon’s likely perspective I am definitely moved to keep my conversations with God open and continuing.  Some of us are more afraid than others, need more encouragement than others, and need the strength of God’s voice motivating us on.  I am definitely one of those.  We can get kind of paralyzed if we wrongly think God is mad at us and has turned away from the conversation. The words of God tells us just the opposite.

“Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens,
Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with
 our weaknesses
but we have one who has been tempted in every way - yet without sin.
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence,
so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
Hebrews 4:14-16

I love that God included in His Word the insecurity, fear, and failure in the lives of those he loved.  It gives me great hope!

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:18:32 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 09:15:23 pm »

This is very good. Very Jewish. They talked with God very frankly. Of course we don't find out teaching from a movie, but I love how the main character in Fiddler on the Roof would frankly talk with God. It takes Gutzpah!!! God bless you!!!
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 06:32:56 pm »

Conversation With God Amazes Us When He Responds

I realize this season can be disappointing when expectations are unrealistic.  Experienced a wee bit of disappointment myself already but, I knew that wasn’t it.  I enjoyed a fantastic Thanksgiving Day just a month ago with my son and some friends.  I was leery about how it would go because my husband couldn’t be there.  I missed him terribly the year before when he had to be away.  But, this Thanksgiving I really leaned into God to strengthen and hold me.  He did not disappoint.

With COVID isolation perhaps it has been especially cheering to many to breakout the decorations and celebrate this special season.  We have always traveled away for Christmas week so some years we had only a tree, and one year we had no ornamentation at all.  Taken up with decorating more than usual for Christmas this year I found myself wanting those little details to be just right. I was secretly looking for satisfaction in a home festively warm for the holiday this year because we had not been home for Christmas in about 25 years.  We even put up lights outside this season which hasn’t happened that often either.  So, of course I wanted to have some families over (one at a time) to celebrate in our now festive home.

As I got Yuletide trimmings out of our attic and tried to creatively arrange them around the house I anticipated the excitement of sharing it with our friends and family.  Like Martha I became obsessed with preparations and being the perfect host; trusting in my merry making and cutting way short my time with God and His Word.  This is understandable when we are necessarily busy, but I was trying to make it all flawless and even began to substitute computer games in the time I would usually spend with Him.  Now, He is not about clocking in & out, but the pouring out of our heart and listening and waiting for his response usually in his word. He is ALL about relationship.  So when, I was honest with writing in my journal, he didn’t respond in impatience, anger and condemnation.  But, with fatherly instruction and help; ESPECIALLY acknowleging that he HEARD me knowingly and lovingly. He offered guidance and care I desperately needed.

Though I enjoyed our time together playing games and eating all kinds of goodies with our friends in our home, something seemed missing.  I wrote in my journal, “I had wanted to have Christmas fun & games & laugh. We did, but I was still somewhat disappointed.  It’s okay.  Not upset.  Just curious - why, God?”  I finished talking to Him about problems, needs, and desires.  Then, I read from my devotional, “Jesus Calling”, and the Bible.  I had decided to read Haggai.  When I came upon chapter 1, verse 9 my brows immediately rose up and my eyes nearly popped out.  I almost couldn’t believe what I was hearing from God.  “You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little.  What you brought I blew away.  Why?”  The rest of the verse 9 says you neglected my house because you were too busy with your own.  I couldn’t believe he repeated my question in his own words. He longingly (not condemningly toward us in Christ) told me what was missing, and what I needed to be satisfied and filled with overflowing joy.  He desperately wants us to experience His abundant life.  I believe he weeps over us like a parent when we stray from blessings he strongly desires for us.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 09:33:18 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 07:24:38 pm »

I absolutely LOVE talking to God in my journal.  Somehow I find it easier to pour out my heart to Him on paper, to ask him to help me and others.  Reading His Word settles me once again how in control of the world he is.  Being reassured in listening to how MUCH he cares about me.  Reminding me how there is SO MUCH HOPE in trusting him.  Light in the dark tunnels.  I am am comforted and healed by his outpouring of love to me.  I can’t say enough about how therapeutic this time with him often is.  Sometimes there is no feeling, but I walk by faith that it’s truth will nourish me.  Below is an entry in my journal where I chose to praise God by faith three years ago when dimness surrounded me.  (I haven’t always responded like this to dark times in my life.)  Looking back, SO much GOOD happened after that time.  I was not disappointed.

“No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame...”
Psalm 25:3

I praise you when I don't understand what's going on.  I praise you that you are in charge over my life.  I praise you when the way seems clouded, for darkness and light and dimness are alike to you. I am so grateful that you know me through and through. I can rest in you carrying me. I can count on you leading me through the muddy waters. You are all knowing, you are all wise, you are all powerful, you are all the light I need, and you are LOVE itself.

I don't need to be ashamed when my flesh is tired, when I personally lack power.  You say I can boast to you of my weakness, for only in the acknowledgement of it will I find supernatural strength.  Praise you that you will rescue me from my enemies who whisper lies to me.  I will trust in You.  And you will gloriously deliver me.  I WAIT for you.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 07:33:11 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 09:51:20 pm »

Conversation with God Gives Hope in Our Struggles

As usual, I got my Diet Coke and a bite to eat and sat on the reclining end of our sofa with my journal, pen, devotional, and bible this morning.  Like most days, I began by opening my journal with pen in hand and talked to God on paper.  Sometimes I begin by processing the day before or the day ahead to myself on the pages.  Either way I get to sharing my heart, ‘Thank you for helping me..., for giving me..., for loving me..., for showing me..., for your promise..., for your direction...  Lately, I have been telling him more often, “I love you”.  I thank him for certain struggles because they humble me, and push me to be reliant on him.  Somehow, my talking prayer in the morning seems more coherent on paper because I can focus better than praying out loud for long periods at my age.

If I am having a rough time, I vent to Him.  I may complain.  I may beg for help.  I may literally cry out or even weep before him.  More than not, I am comforted by an inexplicable love through his Spirit; sometimes by words he quietly whispers to my inner spirit or a truth he reminds me of.

I ask him for help a LOT.  I ask him to help others.  By his spirit in me I ask him to be glorified.  And I almost always ask him to speak to me through His Word that I am about to read.  

In the past, I haven’t usually used a devotional; but I like Sarah Young’s daily devotionals so much that I have made them part of my morning routine.  So I then read that day’s short entry.  

I usually pick a book of the Bible to go through and read a little more each day.  So today, I continued reading John 14-16.  I love the section I’m in because it focuses on the Holy Spirit within each of us.  There’s a lot of encouraging stuff in that section.  What stood out to me when I was reading and when I was done and looking back were the words, “but your grief will turn to joy”.  It was a handful of gold.  It was what will get me through very presents struggles.  It is what will help me turn away from self-effort to staring into my Savior’s face.  It is my only hope of HOPE right now.  My particular situation isn’t tragically awful or anything.  It’s the nearly daily nagging of ineptness on my part to do something needed and the resulting failure.  I am learning it’s probably something I will never be able to do without God’s help.  It grieves me that I can’t provide what’s needed.  But, I am able when I’m trusting him.  It seems as hard as walking on water.  

So, today I felt God so lovingly and compassionately telling me that there WILL BE a breakthrough, but for now to accept the difficulty.  As if he is saying, ‘There will be grief for a time, but rest in me.  My divine words are your heavenly guarantee.’  As I let God’s Healing Words soothe and comfort me, I held onto the treasure of the hidden hope handed to me.  It brought a quiet and steady joy back to my soul.

Here is a fitting very uplifting track:  “He is With Us”  by Love & The Outcome

https://youtu.be/qYLoigK4WSI

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:58:09 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

PietWowo
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 06:37:59 pm »

The word "you" in the Greek is a plural.... Closely to the Southern "y'all" or even better: "all of y'all." That's important to understand as you read those passages in John 13-17. But It is a great Passage to read many times.... Jesus taught this to His disciples right before He was arrested in the garden of Gethsemane....

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 08:07:07 pm »

Continuing the Conversation With God
Gives Hope in Our Struggles

What I did after thinking about God’s uplifting promise to me, “but, your grief WILL turn to joy”, was list the times and ways God did just that in the past.  My quick (and incomplete) inventory was longer than I expected. Recalling and recording His favor and faithfulness is something that brings a good reality check.

You may want to ask yourself, “What are the ways and times God has turned my grief into joy?”  

If you’re not feeling it now, ask him to give you his eyes.  Our sight in certain seasons can be downright discouraging.  Ask him to give you a special promise to get through whatever struggle you may be in now, that your hope may be in it and not yourself.  We all desperately need to walk by faith and not by sight; and continue our conversation with God.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 08:42:59 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 03:20:37 pm »

Requesting CONFIRMATION

This morning at worship time during our outside church gathering, one of the worship leaders read some verses that seemed to speak to me.  These verses offered an invitation to get validation on something I had been asking the Lord about. They carried my eyes back to Jesus and his compassionate response to us.  He invites us converse with him about our concerns.  He listens to our fears and responds to our need for assurance.  He invites us to closeness with him.  He offers confirmation that he is the one who calls us to walk in the difficult and unknown, and be courageous in it.  I have written those verses below.  

But Jesus spoke up at once: “Take courage! It is I. Do not be afraid.”

“Lord, if it is You,” Peter replied, “command me to come to You on the water.”

“Come,” said Jesus.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water, and came toward Jesus.
But when he saw the strength of the wind, he was afraid,
and beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and took hold of Peter.
“You of little faith,” He said, “why did you doubt?”

And when they had climbed back into the boat, the wind died down.
Then those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God!”

Matthew 14:27-33

I love how Peter timidly and cautiously says, ‘IF it is You, please confirm if to me with something I can’t do, but only you can do.  Jesus lovingly complies, saying, “Come.” (Walk on the Water)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 05:19:46 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 09:59:46 pm »

I’m so glad he is our hope when we are hopeless in and of ourselves. We certainly have times when we don’t want to obey, like forgiving. We want to stay angry to protect ourselves. Or maybe their sins seem worse than ours. My husband’s favorite truth solves our problem.

Christ in us, the hope of glory.

Romans 8:11

We are invited in our struggle to vent to God, and tell him honestly that we don’t want to forgive them. Telling him we can’t find it in ourselves to do that so we need him to do that for us and in us. Asking him to change our heart. ... And He does.  And we receive all the blessings that come with it.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 10:04:19 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 07:56:18 pm »

Reduces Our Stress

When we have any kind of task going on and it appears overwhelming, the best place to get help is to cast our anxieties on Him. He really, really does care about us. The devil wants us to believe God is aloof toward us. But God is paying attention and actually longing - yes, very much desiring - to help us. But we have to ask. If we didn’t communicate anything to him or vice versa, where is the relationship?

If your parents raised you by leaving meals on the table, a roof over your head, and clothing at your front door; but they never talked to you or expressed their love and concern, you may feel unsupported, unlovable, and  unimportant. If they were never around when you needed to talk to them about your bad day you might conclude they were uncaring. If they left birthday gifts for you, but never a card describing their thoughts and feelings toward you you may doubt your value. No one to call when you’re sad, or lonely, or needing advice. God doesn’t want to just supply our daily needs of food, shelter, and clothing. He pursues a living relationship. He is not dead. He is not removed from our problems. He is I Am (here).

He really, really wants us to talk to him; to listen to him mainly through his Word (the Bible), and the promptings of the Spirit (which often come in an inaudible voice through his Spirit living in us). He, unlike others, wants to hear all our fears, sorrows, and joys anytime and all the time. He does not grow tired or weary of listening to us pour out our hearts. He loves to hear us ask him for help in our tasks and relationships throughout the day. And boy! Can he help!

So, give him the opportunity to answer your plea. Continue the conversation you may have dropped years ago.

Casting all your anxiety on Him because He CARES for you.

1  Peter 5:7

« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 06:41:02 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2021, 06:59:58 am »

Value His Voice

Here is a helpful and motivating 14 minute message about how to tune in to hear God’s voice from someone who is humble and encouraging; building up people, not tearing them down.

Link to Frequency, Value His Voice - Part 2
https://youtu.be/3Ec6XbXCy2w

« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 07:14:34 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2021, 07:05:40 pm »

Recognize God’s Voice Through Relationship

I find much of what this gifted teacher shares insightful and encouraging. This is the last part of his series on Hearing God’s Voice.

Link to Message “Recognize through Relationship”
https://youtu.be/QVpL5PV7dhk

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 09:24:40 pm »

Continuing the Conversation with God Gives Us Confidence

ASK and It Will Be Given To You

Definitely, conversation with God directly affects the depth of our relationship with Him. From the beginning of our knowing Him, He initiated and we responded. Without our responding we could not receive the gift of His Son and the “Way” into eternal life. Without praying we couldn’t see answers to prayer. Even those who cannot speak like Hellen Keller can communicate with God. He talks to those who cannot hear or read. Any believer of any size intellect experiences and knows in their Spirit the love and shepherding of Our Heavenly Father. He created them and understands them more than we can imagine.

Asking and receiving seem to build upon each other. The more we talk to God and ask for his help, the more we receive it. Thrilled by his responding to us, we want to ask Him more and more; for his guidance, wisdom, power, encouragement for others, and so many things. So, when we seem to shy away from approaching God or seem too busy to ask him for help WHO is discouraging us from this pivotal part of our relationship with Him? Who is pulling us from our source of JOY and flow of His Spirit like a fountain? Satan tries to stop us from praying and talking with God because he knows it makes our desire for Him stronger. It is after all a weapon of divine power (when done in faith) shielding us from the devil’s schemes. Lord, speak to some here.

Lately, I’ve been keeping up the conversation with my Heavenly Father more, and feel I am also seeing Him at work more. I need to remember what God tells us:

You do not have because you do not ask God.

James 4:2

« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 03:49:57 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2021, 01:42:49 pm »

Continuing the Conversation with God

Just Ask

This is a conversation with James Robison (who I really like!) and J.D. Greear about talking with God and how he looks forward to talking with us. Greear explains his passion for God’s people meeting with Him and understanding that prayer changes us and our priorities and puts God’s dreams on our heart. His book is called, “Just Ask”

This is a comfortable down-to-earth discussion on talking with Our Father.

Link to this “Life Today” episode:
https://lifetoday.org/video/how-to-pray-2/

« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 04:13:24 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2021, 09:37:53 am »

Continuing the Conversation with God Gives Us Peace

This morning my prayer request was “His Presence.”  I happened upon the meditative and inspirational serenade below. Of many I have listened to this one especially drew me into conversation with God. Coming before him with heartfelt confession I humbly received his mercy, and asked for grace to go forward. Gratefully thanking him for the everyday gifts and miraculous wonders he does.

Unfortunately, McCotter greatly disminished and even dismissed the need for daily confession of sins to God. But, boldly approaching God’s Throne to obtain mercy and receive grace would seem to imply a need on our part for it. Keeping a clear conscience through confession seems to also make our prayers more effective. I’m not talking about doing this in an obsessive manner where you worry there is something you haven’t confessed.

There is a often a relief felt in our soul as we experience God’s forgiving acceptance of us. Because God has put it out of his sight, so can we. Anyhow, I hope this music fosters conversation with your deeply loving Savior and gives you peace.

In His Presence from DappyTKeys
https://youtu.be/AaxVZB0-myE

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 06:49:07 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2021, 06:39:16 pm »

I heard an extremely helpful message today on guilt and condemnation not paralyzing us. The speaker shared that God's ‘correction is not rejection’. They also shared that ‘failure is not final nor is it fatal’. God does not give up on us. After we have been honest with God and confessed our sin it is really important not to keep revisiting those things in our mind; continuing to feel guilty about something to the point of condemning ourselves. We are talking about doing wrong when we want to do right - weaknesses, not pursuing wickedness. The speaker emphasized one vital fact at least five times that is a profound truth.

‘As long as we dwell in guilt and condemnation about something after God has forgiven us
we will not be able to overcome that weakness.’  

I can testify to that. I believe that’s why Romans 1:17 says we must live from faith to faith in the good news. Not just faith that God forgave our sin when we first accepted him as our Savior, but also to continue applying and claim his blood by faith to our sins thereafter. That is what makes us grateful to him and desire to love and obey him. I believe that’s why we fell in love with Him in the beginning —because he wiped all our guilt away and we believed that we were now blameless and precious in his sight.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 08:40:36 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2021, 08:15:54 pm »

Gives Us Divine Comfort

As I began the book of 2 Corinthians in my time alone with God, I was struck by the intensity of the filling of our need for tender love that God himself sees to. He not only shows us real empathy and consolation because that is part of WHO HE IS; but he is THE INVENTOR of compassion. He is author and Father of it as scripture informs us.

Our God is the overseer of ALL Comfort. He is the one who modeled it and sends it our way through all kinds of means. Of course, it seems his primary intended conduit is his healing Word. Then, through his children to their brothers and sisters in Christ comforting them with the personal comfort they themselves received from God in their trouble. He also sends comfort through the unbelieving. There are many examples of this in the Bible including pagan King Cyrus. There are marvelous demonstrations of God’s compassion all throughout the Bible. Some say they are thankful even for the suffering they’ve endured because of overwhelming joy and comfort God gives them in the midst of it.

God, our Father wants us to tell him our troubles with faith that he hears and responds. Talking to him about when our feelings are hurt, our hopes are dashed, our heart has been broken, our dream seems crushed, our loved ones disappointed us, we feel afraid, we feel lonely, lost or confused. He is EAGERLY WAITING to show us his divine and comforting tenderness. We must wait patiently for Him in faith.

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

He sent His word and healed them...

Psalm 107:20

...the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.

Isaiah 30:18

1I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

Psalm 40:1

« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 08:11:03 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2021, 10:30:43 am »

Continuing the Conversation With God Gives Us Fulfillment

Just Ask

Watching again this morning the video clip highlighted above in the Just Ask Post I was refreshed, encouraged, and motivated. So much so, that I ordered two of this book by JD Greear, “Just Ask”, for Christmas presents.

Here is an interesting excerpt from the Introduction via my Kindle copy:

Let’s be honest: most of us do not have a healthy, happy prayer life. I’m not saying that to judge you. (I don’t even know you.)

I’m saying that because it’s my experience, both personally and as a pastor. We struggle with prayer. The theologian D.A. Carson once said that if you really want to embarrass the average Christian, just ask them to tell you the details of their personal prayer life.

I wish he were wrong. But he’s not.

“Mature” Christians often have an excellent grasp of Scripture. Many have wonderful stories of how they shared the gospel with others. More still can point to their sacrificial commitment to ministry or their faithful, consistent giving. But our prayer lives? Not so impressive.  ...

And here’s why our lackluster prayer lives should concern us: Jesus said, “Apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5). The only way to be connected to him, he said, is through abiding (15:1), and abiding implies praying. Apart from prayer, nothing happens.  ...

If we’re not asking, we’re missing something big. We might, in fact, be missing everything.

Link:
https://www.amazon.com/Just-Ask-Confident-Relentless-Shameless/dp/1784986364?ref_=ast_sto_dp

P.S. Abiding is also listening to and trusting His Word- what God says, is part of the conversation. So, deliberately recalling his instruction or claiming his promises is also abiding.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 09:22:13 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2021, 09:39:49 am »

Continuing the Conversation with God Fills Our Needs

Start With 10 Minutes

As researched by the author highlighted above, it seems most believers struggle with prayer. This explanation of Jesus’ parable of contrast on presenting requests to the one who can act is what we need to be confident in regarding our Heavenly Father. He is very interested to hear from us about our smallest to our greatest needs. I feel this is an annointed message by Max Lucado on the simplicity of sincere prayer and the goodness of our God to answer.

Be blessed.

Max Lucado - Your Best 10 Minutes  (Lesson 2 of 4)
https://youtu.be/PhXtaT38Uwk

« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 09:44:55 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2021, 08:21:14 am »

The Best Preparation for Christmas

If you’re like me you are feeling quite overwhelmed with all the preparation you feel you need to do today on Christmas Eve. In fact, you may not even want to start because the burden is weighty. You might be worried that by the time the evening comes you won’t have anything left to enjoy it.

This morning as I was talking to God through writing my concerns to Him in my journal, I felt him faintly talk to my spirit, “Pick out just the things that are important. The other things may hardly be noticed. I’m about the people.” Then I sensed him bring Martha and Mary to mind. I remembered Martha was busy with all the preparations (she thought were needed), too busy to enjoy Jesus and His Presence. It hit me that Mary could also have chosen the better preparation in drawing near and listening to Jesus. The spiritual preparation far exceeds the physical one. It is genuine, joy-filled, supernaturally strong, and produces real life in us and those around us.

I’m not saying at all we shouldn’t prepare or be festive, but take care to have a blessed balance and not try to carry the day ourselves.

HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS EVE !!!

« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 08:22:59 am by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: