Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:08:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let Your Spirit Dance Again and Rise Out of the Ashes of GCx  (Read 2490 times)
Janet Easson Martin
Private Forum Access
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« on: December 02, 2014, 01:37:07 pm »

Let Your Spirit Dance Again
 and Rise Out of the Ashes of GCx

"You who dwell in the dust,
 wake up and shout for joy.

Your dew is like the dew of the morning."

(Isaiah 26:19)

Gather up those dreams you've laid down or thrown away.  If you're still breathing it's not too late to go after them.  God wants those who love him in every field and all kinds of ventures.  He is often the one who put those passions, dreams and desires in our souls to bless us and others.  He knows the GOOD PLANS he has for you.  We will shine His DELIGHTFUL light by our good deeds THERE (with those who may never attend a church) and glorify our Heavenly Father.

I had just graduated with a professional degree from a university when caught up in GCx.  I felt conflicted about pursuing it and being the best I could be at it because I was pressured to pursue building up the church organization.  I was strongly influenced to create relationships with others with the primary goal of bringing them to the group.  My worth was almost entirely tied up in this pursuit.  People unfortunately became projects to achieve a certain approved status among the leaders and "more mature" members.  I was constantly juggling who to call or visit or do something for, primarily, with this goal in mind.  Yes, we did encourage each other out of the goodness of God's grace; but that seemed to get left behind somewhere along the way.  Needless to say, I didn't give any time or effort outside my workday to think about or consider where I or God wanted to go with this gifting and passion.  I thought and was told devoted Christians gave them up from the many erroneous and out of context messages about "what's in your heart".  I was actually unchallenged and bored in my soul and didn't even know it, because I was so busy "serving" the elders and their families and working on projects to propel the group into greater spiritual status.  Makes me tired just recalling it.

Today, in my 50's, I am actually pursuing a former dream and passion.  It is a field some Christians might consider "worldly" (because it's far from being a missionary in Angola), but I believe it is truly a desire God put in my heart to take up again (and to help finance my son through college).  Walking in the Spirit Jesus can minister to people I work with and for.  And I have such a joy in doing it.  As I pray for the desires of my client's hearts to be fulfilled through my mind and hands, I trust they can see God's love and light in me.

So, pick up your broken or lost dreams that God has placed upon your heart and let him use them in this world.  There is much kingdom work to be done and you may be the only person who can minister to others in your God-given unique way.  Don't throw your dreams away.  Let the Spirit DANCE within you again.

Start by shaking off the dust and ashes of GCX.  GOD said over and over and over again "Do not fear because I am with you".

"Shake off your dust;
Rise up, sit enthroned, O Jerusalem.
Free yourself from the chains around your neck.
O captive Daughter of Zion."

(Isaiah 52:2)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:48:42 pm by Janet Easson Martin » Logged

For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.        - Saint Augustine
Linda
Household Name (300+ Posts)

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 03:26:54 pm »

Thanks, Janet! Very encouraging. God bless you!

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: