Welcome to De-Commissioned, a place for former members of the Great Commission movement (aka GCM, GCC, GCAC, GCI, the Blitz) to discuss problems they've experienced in the association's practices and theology.

You may read and post, but some features are restricted to registered members. Please consider registering to gain full access! Registration is free and only takes a few moments to complete.
De-Commissioned Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:09:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my experience in another church  (Read 3496 times)
unsubscribed
Regular (15-99 Posts)

« on: July 05, 2007, 08:37:26 pm »

I just want to say that one of the most destructive things I experienced in the GCC church I attended, and one of the reasons it is so hard to heal,was the way they screwed up my view of God.  I have  recently been through a very horrible time in my life.  Through it all I had an unwavering knowledge that God was in total control and no matter the end result of our crisis I could rest in Him.  The church we were attending (not a GCC church) we were not members of and the reason we chose it was it was 2 min from our house and they started at 11:00. (not real spiritual I know but hey we were barely functioning)  Anyway we were loved, accepted, respected and MINISTERED to. How? Every Sun. the awesome worship team sang and God filled my heart and let me experience complete and total worship.  Most Sundays I would spend worshiping  with tears streaming down my face or sobbing into my husbands shoulder, if I tried to stop I couldn't. God used those emotional release times to heal me and get me ready for the next crisis that I knew was coming.Sometimes a box of tissue was passed or a hand placed on my shoulder, a hug.  No one ever tried to fix me ,thought I was strange,were embarrassed of me, , or even needed to know what was happening I just knew that there were people praying for us and our situation.  If I did open up to someone they were caring and compassionate.  No one acted like we should be serving, and there was no pressure to "join" the community I.  When we asked for the pastors advice on one of the problems we were facing he was 100% in opposition to what we were doing;he then told us it was what God was telling us to do and not a matter of doctrine, he just shared his OPINION and supported us 100% in doing the thing he was opposed to....WOW this never would have happened in our GCC church with its pastor who comes alongside and "shepherds"ie controls.    This Church understood that sometimes God asks for different ministry options that do not fall under "church guidelines" we were loved just as much as if we were on tear down and hospitality, and taught children's church and led a small group.  OK what does this have to do with my view of God?  My point is that once we left that church and went back to our GCC church it was like leaving a place where the Holy Spirit is actively working and moving through a body of people and going to a church where the Holy Spirit is being ordered around and God can only work through previously sanctioned pastor approved methods.  I never felt ministered to at my GCC church, I felt I had to preform or that I was a project and once I no longer danced to the music I was quarantined and kept apart and now shunned.   The funny thing is that in the 2 years we attended the healing church ,I like to say it is where God sent us to lick our wounds, There was never a shortage of teachers or people to take care of all the little things. Hmmmm.. maybe this Christ like love has something to do with it. I am not sure what kind of response i want from this post. just sharing a revelation that came to me this week.  It makes me grieve for the leadership of my Gcc church...they don't know what they are missing.  
Thanks unsubscribed
Angry
Veteran (100-299 Posts)

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:33:05 am »

Unsubscribed -

Thank you for your posting.  I am glad you were able to find the courage and wisdom to attend a Church outside of the cult and discover what a true "open" Church feels like Smiley

Please use your experience as a tool to encourage others to be careful of the darkness and hidden agenda of GC* affiliates.

You and your husband were wise to open your eyes to the great joys to be found in a welcoming parish!

Angry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: